Film The Batman

Smores

I hope they've not removed all the eccentric charm from the Riddler in trying to make it too gritty.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I mean, we've had more dark, gritty,gothic versions of Batman on film than lighthearted adaptions,just putting it out there.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Where does this all fit into the Dark Knight trilogy story? Looks quite similar to them? Though I admit I know next to nothing about movies in general, much less superhero movies.

evil_geko

At least this is bound to have better fight scenes than Nolan Batman movies, they had terrible shaky cam fight scenes. That is why I found that trilogy overrated. Great but overrated.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Where does this all fit into the Dark Knight trilogy story? Looks quite similar to them? Though I admit I know next to nothing about movies in general, much less superhero movies.
Standalone until it makes big bucks then DC will try to make a trilogy out of it.Much like Batman Begins.

Wolverine

They were only about 6-8 weeks into the shoot when they got closed down.

This is merely a tease. The actual film will be far more polished.
Fair enough. I got Daredevil vibes from it. Which isn't a criticism because I liked that series. Looking forward to it. Especially how they handle the story and the villains' performances.

evil_geko

I just figured out that balding dude in the car that says "This guy's crazy" is Colin Farrell as Penguin, hah!

Sylar

Its Batman and Gotham, so its the on character (And environment) thats needs a dark atmosphere imo. I think he looks great as Batman.
I get what people are saying about him being Bruce Wayne, but then again it was like 1 minute of footage, so will be interesting to see how he does.

Given its a 'young' Batman, this will make it interesting for me. I wanna a lot more (well at least half) Bruce Wayne and him being the worlds greatest detective.
Intersested in Andy Serkis as Alfred too. Hoping that dynamic is good.

el3mel

Trailer was great. The "I'm vengeance" scene got my hyped.

Definitely watching this.

Drifter

American
Looks good. Hope there is a more Sherlock Holmes feel to it. Real battle of wits between Batman and Riddler.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought that looked promising for the initial teaser.

Sylar

Looks good. Hope there is a more Sherlock Holmes feel to it. Real battle of wits between Batman and Riddler.
Yeah, if they are going Detective Wayne route, Riddler is the perfect villain for that, with all the clues, riddles, etc behind the crime.

b82REZ

I'll always go into Batman films with an open mind but Pattison just doesn't look right as him.

It does look a lot better than I expected though.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Well cast, good director, possibly a Long Halloween type story, all looks pretty good so far.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Either that or a somewhat similar True Detective (HBO) like feel would be awesome indeed. The one flaw of the Nolan movies to me is that Bats never really evolved - he continued to be that emotion driven vigilante without getting more quick witted. The iconic scene between Bats and Joker in the interrogation scene basically solidified that, as awesome as that was in a way.

Now you also have me wondering if Benedict Cumberbatch couldn't play an awesome villain.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This has made my day. Ill be honest, I had my doubts, but now I know for certain that Hollywood WILL listen to the people.

I mean, literally everyone I know has been crying out for another Batman movie - and I know I'm desperate to see one - but honestly I had little hope, what with the movie industry relentlessly driving through all of the fresh ideas it thinks up seemingly without effort.

I feared that in the midst of all of this manic creativity they would ignore those of us that cherish the 'tired and only recently done almost to perfection idea but with a slight tweak to create the illusion of something new' genre of film, but no! They do care about us still.

This is a good day.

OleBoiii

I find it funny how people get so emotional over these superhero movies. Superhero movies are silly by nature. Even the highly acclaimed Nolan movies(the third movie in that trilogy is utter trash, btw). It's very limited what you can do with the same damn characters every time, so the only way to make it a little interesting is to change things up a bit. Is it so crazy to imagine a lean, sleep-deprived Batman with slightly longer hair than the average male? :lol:

As for my opinion: I doubt I'll watch this. Not because it looks bad, but because I'm sick of these superhero movies.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I find it funny how people get so emotional over these superhero movies. Superhero movies are silly by nature. Even the highly acclaimed Nolan movies(the third movie in that trilogy is utter trash, btw). It's very limited what you can do with the same damn characters every time, so the only way to make it a little interesting is to change things up a bit. Is it so crazy to imagine a lean, sleep-deprived Batman with slightly longer hair than the average male? :lol:

As for my opinion: I doubt I'll watch this. Not because it looks bad, but because I'm sick of these superhero movies.
I don't mind superhero movies if they're trying something different.

Deadpool, Ragnarok, Logan. All enjoyable and not your standard superhero flick.

If this does go down the detective route, it could join that list.

I can't remember another superhero film where it relies of mysteries and solving a crime/crimes via the brain of the hero (don't you dare say Batman Forever :lol: ).

I guess I just love all movies and am brimming with optimism and generally get let down when the films are released :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finally, they are rebooting Batman. I've been waiting however many minutes ago Nolan did it for this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's a different take on Batman from Nolan, so for me at least it's a new take all together. This I would compare more to Tim Burton's Batman films than anything else. Dark, gritty and psychotic. One thing I didn't quite like in Nolan's adaptation was how Bruce Wayne didn't really show emotional trauma affecting his personality. He was far far too robotic and measured, I couldn't buy into his character.

When I see this Batman failing to control the level of violence he exerts on a guy that just pisses him off, I can think "yeah this guy has issues". It's directed by the guy who made Planet of the Apes so I think it might be a good one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't be bothered with the whole "Urgh, another Batman, already" sentiment. Love the character and the film's on him, with TDK going down as the only truly great superhero film I've seen. But then again, I'm not really big fan or superhero films. I loved Logan which wasn't really one. GOTG was good. The rest ,not so much

So a new Batman film, count me in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can't be bothered with the whole "Urgh, another Batman, already" sentiment. Love the character and the film's on him, with TDK going down as the only truly great superhero film I've seen. But then again, I'm not really big fan or superhero films. I loved Logan which wasn't really one. GOTG was good. The rest ,not so much

So a new Batman film, count me in.
Did you watch Joker? Not really a super hero film strictly speaking. But I also liked this.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Did you watch Joker? Not really a super hero film strictly speaking. But I also liked this.
Ah I left out Joker. I definitely liked it as, again, in terms of tone and writing, it's more up my alley, although on second watch I also felt it was a bit overrated. Very good watch though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is this an attempt to line it up with Pheonix's Joker?
Nope, this is modern day and separate to all the other stuff.
They could leave themselves some wiggle room if it turns out to do well at the box office, maybe? When Bats is pummeling the shit out of that guy he looked like he was wearing Joker style facepaint, albeit a more modern take on it. Maybe Joker has a bunch of groupies now?

Either way it looks amazing. Batman showing that he's truly the world's greatest detective and not just some guy with a lot of gadgets. Pattinson, sparkly vampires aside, is a really good actor so there's every chance that his portrayal of the character will be decent. Kid's got some sick moves. Absolutely steamrolls that mug, which makes a change from Bale's Batman which just seemed so rigid and dull when he fought (that along with continuity errors is what let Nolan's films down for me, even though TDK is my all time fave film).

Ekeke

They could leave themselves some wiggle room if it turns out to do well at the box office, maybe? When Bats is pummeling the shit out of that guy he looked like he was wearing Joker style facepaint, albeit a more modern take on it. Maybe Joker has a bunch of groupies now?

Either way it looks amazing. Batman showing that he's truly the world's greatest detective and not just some guy with a lot of gadgets. Pattinson, sparkly vampires aside, is a really good actor so there's every chance that his portrayal of the character will be decent. Kid's got some sick moves. Absolutely steamrolls that mug, which makes a change from Bale's Batman which just seemed so rigid and dull when he fought (that along with continuity errors is what let Nolan's films down for me, even though TDK is my all time fave film).
Bruce appeared as a child in Joker. Gonna need The Flash to mess up the timeline enough for Bruce to have aged about 25 years

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Bruce appeared as a child in Joker. Gonna need The Flash to mess up the timeline enough for Bruce to have aged about 25 years
Joker is set in 1981 isn't it? Is it confirmed that this new film is 2020, or could it maybe be 2007 or thereabouts when smartphones started becoming mainstream? That would be 26 years. Bruce being young might mean early to midish thirties...

I'm clutching at really big straws, I know.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Thought in the first few clips of him in the suit that he didnt really look like much of a presence.

Then 1.43 in and BAM, he suddenly felt a lot more badass to me.

This looks like it could be a very dark version of the story, really looking forward to it and back people on here saying he's much more of an actor than just those twilight films.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
What?!

To each their own but I’m genuinely perplexed as to how anyone could watch that trailer and hate it. Unless of course you’re not into the superhero genre at all?
Bizarre that a lot think that it'll be terrible. Looks like it'll be decent. Pattinson is a good actor. He got jaded by Twilight.