The beginning of the end... (the original board vetoed Mourinho's transfer wish list thread)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Jose looks defeated to me, I don't any longer expect a meltdown instead now I envision him going out with a whimper

Ekeke

It looks to me like Mourinho has run out of ideas. He is clearly not happy with his CB partnership/s. I think Matic is missed in midfield. No penetration down the flanks. Not a lot of creativity in the side. Pogba doesn't always turn up. Not sure how Mourinho turns this around. Shaw maybe one positive this season. He does need a right back unless Dalot is his planned option. Guardiola came to City with a plan and has executed it to perfection. The contrast is startling.
This part makes no sense. Smalling and Jones did well last season.

But Mourinho was involved in us forking out a lot of cash for Lindelof and Bailly so it looks more like he's trying to show why we signed them and that they werent mistakes.

Unfortunately its spectacularly backfired

Katalinski

It seems to me that our club just don't know how to function with short term managers. The golden moments were under managers who spent more than two decades in office. I think we'll have to wait for a number of years to seriously compete with European greats.