The best Attack/Midfield/Defense Ever

El Pasillo

Benzema is still a striker and goalscoring is a duty he lacks in.
How can you call Benzema a striker when he has played on the left flank for an extensive period this season?

Which isn't what you expect from an out-and-out striker who's expected to camp inside the box.

https://i.imgur.com/zJFQELp.png

As a comparison, look at Cristiano Ronaldo's heatmap where he spends much more time inside the penalty box compared to Benzema.

It's also why Benzema barely stays there or else they would just occupy same spaces (i.e. Morata & Cristiano from last season).

https://i.imgur.com/iH14hmf.png.

Which only illustrate that Cristiano indeed has adapted his game to become the most lethal poacher in the game since 2014-15 season.

and goalscoring is a duty he lacks in.
Understandable since Benzema doesn't get many chances to shoot per game.

Since you think of him as a striker, (which I disagree), let's compare him with other out-and-out strikers in Europe from this season. From Whoscored...

Cristiano Ronaldo: 6.6 shots/game
Harry Kane: 5 shots/game
Robert Lewandowski: 4.2 shots/game
Sergio Aguero: 3.7 shots/game
Luis Suárez: 3.5 shots/game
Ciro Immobile: 3.3 shots/game
Dries Mertens: 3.3 shots/game
Edinson Cavani: 3.3 shots/game
Mauro Icardi: 3 shots/game
Gonzalo Higuain: 2.8 shots/game
Romelu Lukaku: 2.7 shots/game
Karim Benzema: 1.9 shots/game
Every single one of them are the receiving end & where they play closest to the goal while averaging almost 3+ shots or higher. Very understandable why they're scoring so many goals. Which makes it ridiculous to compare them with Benzema who doesn't even have the role as an out-and-out striker to beguin with in the first place.

I do agree he facilitates greatly for Ronaldo which right now is what almost justifies his inclusion as there are better strikers out there.
Benzema is important for facilitating Real Madrid's general collective play and not necessary for just for any particular player (although I do agree with you that Ronaldo benefits a lot when Benzema is on the field).

Elaborate why Messi's WC 2014 tournament isn't comparable of what Maradona did in WC 86 based on their individual performaces?

Feck me. There's a cavernous gap between the two tournaments.
How's that different when people regulary compare players from other eras?[/QUOTE]

Jabocaster

Supports
Everton
Defense: Milan 1989/90 Galli Tassotti-Baresi-Costacurta-Maldini
or France 1998 Barthez Thuram-Blanc-Desailly-Lizarazu

Midfield: Bayern 2013 Schweinsteiger-Martinez [What a performance in the semi-final against barca]
or United 1999, Milan 2006, Barca 2011, Madrid 2017.

Attack: United 2007/08 Ronaldo-Tevez-Rooney
or Barca 2014/15.