The Biden Presidency

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Slow decline instead of rapid descent. Good job Americans, too bad most of you are fecked in the head.

DavidDeSchmikes

It will be interesting to see how his cabinet will look. Important pick imo will be for the EPA

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Who is he bringing in as SoS? A while back there was someone from his old stomping grounds mooted...Coons I think. That will be a massive job.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Hope this one doesn’t get to even 500 pages. I expect a much calmer and less newsworthy and less controversial presidency.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What happens if he dies before the inauguration?

Mike Smalling

Let's hope he gets the Senate, so he can actually get some stuff done. If nothing else, it will be a major positive for the country to not have a weekly scandal and on-going war against the media, so the US can regain some credibility among it's allies.

Hoping for the best!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Let's hope he gets the Senate, so he can actually get some stuff done. If nothing else, it will be a major positive for the country to not have a weekly scandal and on-going war against the media, so the US can regain some credibility among it's allies.

Hoping for the best!
It's very unlikely that the Dems will get to 50. They have a good map for it in 2022, but it's definitely pretty likely they lose the House at the same time. Senate is more important, though, right?

Irwin99

Said in another thread, most people know deep down that this won't solve every problem the US has and it won't fix everything in a deeply divided country, but for one fecking day let's just have some hope and rejoice that that vile madman is no longer president of the most powerful nation in the world.

Revan

Assumptionman
It's very unlikely that the Dems will get to 50. They have a good map for it in 2022, but it's definitely pretty likely they lose the House at the same time. Senate is more important, though, right?
Senate is more important, simply cause Mitch can paralyze the presidency (can see Biden having Acting Secretaries) but you cannot have big stuff without controlling both. So if he want to pass a new Medicare deal, statehoods to DC/PR etc etc, he needs to have both. Which essentially is not gonna happen (unless they win both Georgia races).

The House also controls the budget which means no reduction for Pentagon.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Senate is more important, simply cause Mitch can paralyze the presidency (can see Biden having Acting Secretaries) but you cannot have big stuff without controlling both. So if he want to pass a new Medicare deal, statehoods to DC/PR etc etc, he needs to have both. Which essentially is not gonna happen (unless they win both Georgia races).

The House also controls the budget which means no reduction for Pentagon.
Indeed. The Dems have to go all in on GA and even seeing whether there is a glimmer of a chance in Alaska.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
i am not judging you for being a terrible mod or anything. but if you want to discuss this further, you should unlock my thread. that way we can have others chime in as well.
This is not a public discussion. If its that important to you then send me a PM and we can discuss.

Untd55

So, what war is he going start first? China? Incite the IRA, following his talk of the UI? Russia?

Revan

Assumptionman
Indeed. The Dems have to go all in on GA and even seeing whether there is a glimmer of a chance in Alaska.
What is the deal with Alaska? Thought that GOP are easily gonna win it.

I think Dems have a chance in Georgia. Logically, you would believe that Dems would be more energized to vote, while Trump-cult might stay at home (especially if Trump starts attacking GOP for not standing by him).

But even in that case, you need all the Dem senators to be in line. I can imagine it happening for BidenCare, but definitely not for packing the court (Hickenlooper already ruled that out, and I bet the same is gonna happen for Manchin, Sinema, Kelly to name a few). Same for statehoods for DC and Puerto Rico. It was always a pipe dream, subject of Dems having control in both chambers of the congress.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
In before someone in a couple of years says "wow, I really didn't think HE would be the one to pivot" after he bombs London and enslaves humanity.

Fridge chutney

Thank god the orange cnut is gone. Who knows what the feck is going to happen over the next 4 years. But it's bound to be better than what would have happened under another Trump term.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What is the deal with Alaska? Thought that GOP are easily gonna win it.

I think Dems have a chance in Georgia. Logically, you would believe that Dems would be more energized to vote, while Trump-cult might stay at home (especially if Trump starts attacking GOP for not standing by him).

But even in that case, you need all the Dem senators to be in line. I can imagine it happening for BidenCare, but definitely not for packing the court (Hickenlooper already ruled that out, and I bet the same is gonna happen for Manchin, Sinema, Kelly to name a few). Same for statehoods for DC and Puerto Rico. It was always a pipe dream, subject of Dems having control in both chambers of the congress.
As of yesterday, only 60-70% of the votes counted, so plenty of room for movement. It would be a longshot.