The Biden Presidency

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pretty good so far. Stimulus bill successfully passed, markets surging, economy recovering as COVID winds down, infrastructure bill in the pipeline which will create a lot of jobs, back in the Paris accords, renegotiating the Iran deal, effective public health policies on the vaccine rollout, removing all troopz from Afghanistan. Pretty good in less than 90 days in office with tight House and Senate margins. Still needs to find a better way to deal with the migrant crisis at the southern border.

The Firestarter

He "ran" on decriminalization. He also said he would not fire staff if they had previously used it. He then fired staff for previously using.
Fair criticism, but don't think it warrants such a low mark. This legalization may still come at some point, he has been 3 months in the job.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Fair criticism, but don't think it warrants such a low mark. This legalization may still come at some point, he has been 3 months in the job.
then his mark will go up. My score was based on what has been done. The border stuff is an automatic -10 in my book. It is horrific and the lack of apparent attempts to fix it is reprehensible.

The Firestarter

then his mark will go up. My score was based on what has been done. The border stuff is an automatic -10 in my book. It is horrific and the lack of apparent attempts to fix it is reprehensible.
Yeah that is something that baffles me, there are so many resources to construct adequate quarters if the processing is going to be a bottleneck.

nimic

something nice
Scout
And yet he's been pushing hard for a return to in person schools, which are obviously not safe.
That's not necessarily true. Health authorities in Norway are now saying the government probably made a mistake by shutting down schools in March of last year.

Of course, Biden's probably not coming at it from that point of view.

Drifter

American
Even Progressives by left wing standards are not far left. The question should be, how far right as American politics gone.

peridigm

Bit of excitement in my area tonight. AF1 was flying Biden to/from DC/Wilmington and some guy out flying his Cessna on a Friday night got too close so a couple of fighter jets were circling around the Cessna dropping flares and shit. I was sitting at my home office desk when I heard the noise and couldn’t make out what it was. Found out later when a friend sent me video.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Bit of excitement in my area tonight. AF1 was flying Biden to/from DC/Wilmington and some guy out flying his Cessna on a Friday night got too close so a couple of fighter jets were circling around the Cessna dropping flares and shit. I was sitting at my home office desk when I heard the noise and couldn’t make out what it was. Found out later when a friend sent me video.
Where exactly?

Can you send the video? That would be interesting to see.

I’m sure @MrMarcello would be interested in seeing it as well. No worries if you can’t for privacy reasons.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I know this was meant to be a sarcastic post but it almost reduced me to tears, thinking about that generation where you counted as less than a person based on your ethnicity and skin color.
All due to political representation & taxation. No concern given to the human.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I know this was meant to be a sarcastic post but it almost reduced me to tears, thinking about that generation where you counted as less than a person based on your ethnicity and skin color.
Yeah, it's easy to make those comments (I did too) to put someone away (McConnell in this case) and feel good about yourself (I suppose it's a kind of virus signalling); but it's not really a way to do justice to anything, or acknowledge the immense suffering that's behind the reference. It's easier not to think that through too much I guess - also because, if you do, you essentially remain in a constant state of enormous rage about the hurt and injustice that people have doled out throughout history and still today.

They're fully conscious of what they're doing; I just can't understand how these people can live with themselves.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not a Biden policy, but this is a pretty awesome picture.

Didn't know POTUS has an Osprey.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Biden's proposed capital gain tax change has wall street in jitters.
btw, this proposed change is for folks making more than $1m per year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/bid...ax-hike-to-fund-education-and-child-care.html
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-weighs-raising-capital-gains-rate-to-over-40-percent
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...capital-gains-tax-as-high-as-43-4-for-wealthy

Funny how the % changes depending on the "news" source.
I mean, he ran on doing this... right?

I guess 4 years of a president doing none of the policy things he ran on got people complacent.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Biden's proposed capital gain tax change has wall street in jitters.
btw, this proposed change is for folks making more than $1m per year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/bid...ax-hike-to-fund-education-and-child-care.html
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-weighs-raising-capital-gains-rate-to-over-40-percent
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...capital-gains-tax-as-high-as-43-4-for-wealthy

Funny how the % changes depending on the "news" source.
I’m all broken up.

Won’t someone think of the millionaires?!?