The Biden Presidency

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
i was chatting with a couple of friends at the fish fry last week and they all said they would reenlist if putin invaded ukraine. one of the even said all the armies of muscovy could not by force take a drink from the dnieper or make a track on the carpathians. i was shocked but it turns out that sending thousands of americans to fight for ukraine is super popular.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think it's all a bit nonsense. I think Russia's intent is to intimidate just enough in order to disrupt Ukraine-NATO relations, without actually invading.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I am all Russia have to do is makeup some weapons of mass destruction presentation then it should be all right for them to invade right?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Oh I can only imagine the buzzing going down at EUCOM, NATO, etc. this week. Certainly do not need another large scale war going on, and war with Russia is surely not good for anyone.

Meanwhile, do wonder if something breaks out in Europe does China decide to "pull a sneaky" on Taiwan with US engaged elsewhere.

The Firestarter

Oh I can only imagine the buzzing going down at EUCOM, NATO, etc. this week. Certainly do not need another large scale war going on, and war with Russia is surely not good for anyone.

Meanwhile, do wonder if something breaks out in Europe does China decide to "pull a sneaky" on Taiwan with US engaged elsewhere.
Don't think China can do a straightforward landing as easy as everyone assumes.

Winrar

Wait.. so they already have the invasion plan at hand? Nice espionage there or was it fabrication?
Who the hell knows. And if anyone does know the real information on this it'll be classified, anyways.

I mean, we haven't exactly shied away from pushing out lies like Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction" to grease the military industrial complex. But if you have Russia's takeover of Crimea in the back of your mind it could just as well develop to be something more serious.

Again, what happens next is anybody's guess really. But if Biden puts us into another conflict overseas after getting out of Afghanistan purportedly because he wants to get out of foreign affairs then well... it will be right on par for this administration.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Who the hell knows. And if anyone does know the real information on this it'll be classified, anyways.

I mean, we haven't exactly shied away from pushing out lies like Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction" to grease the military industrial complex. But if you have Russia's takeover of Crimea in the back of your mind it could just as well develop to be something more serious.

Again, what happens next is anybody's guess really. But if Biden puts us into another conflict overseas after getting out of Afghanistan purportedly because he wants to get out of foreign affairs then well... it will be right on par for this administration.
Classified info gets passed onto select lawmakers all the time.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

I doubt the US are being honest with everything these days,

If they really have a solid evidence of a planned attack imminent, NATO would be on high alert, troops mobilized etc. Not bragging about it on congress level.

Plus. China is not interested in Ground assault against Taiwan. Reunification yes but not through force. That's only being peddled by the US so they can sell more outdated weapons to Taiwan.

The Firestarter

I doubt the US are being honest with everything these days,

If they really have a solid evidence of a planned attack imminent, NATO would be on high alert, troops mobilized etc. Not bragging about it on congress level.

Plus. China is not interested in Ground assault against Taiwan. Reunification yes but not through force. That's only being peddled by the US so they can sell more outdated weapons to Taiwan.
Why would troops be mobilised? Ukraine is not a NATO member. Any retaliation would be economic in nature.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

he's cool either because he's totally clueless or he gives them the contempt they deserve, either way ...

Winrar

he's cool either because he's totally clueless or he gives them the contempt they deserve, either way ...
If this was 20 years ago then I would believe the latter, but he's pretty much beyond help these days.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This presidency feels really odd. As if it's not taken serious as an actual presidency but merely a stopgap for 2024. I don't think it's Biden's fault in a sense, feels like people are still anticipating a Trump comeback in 2024. I don't know how to quite put it in words but there's just so little buzz about the current presidency.

The Firestarter

This presidency feels really odd. As if it's not taken serious as an actual presidency but merely a stopgap for 2024. I don't think it's Biden's fault in a sense, feels like people are still anticipating a Trump comeback in 2024. I don't know how to quite put it in words but there's just so little buzz about the current presidency.
Its just the lack of buzz in comparison to the previous administration that creates this feeling. It's not expected for the WH to get in the news for bizarre scandals 24/7.

Boycott

I don't really get the lets go brandon thing. Why are grown adults using codes to snigger with each other as if they are eight year olds gossiping on a playground.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
i wonder if he'll have a job to go back to in January
The company's website say's they are governed by christian values, so he will likely get a promotion. In America there is nothing more christian than owning the libs.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The company's website say's they are governed by christian values, so he will likely get a promotion. In America there is nothing more christian than owning the libs.
Too bad he didn’t deliver that zinger a couple of weeks ago, he could have headlined that conservative abortion in AZ along with Kyle.

No doubt he’s a rabid antivaxxer to boot seeing that he is from rural Oregon.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
What's funny here? :nervous:
There's a few ways to do a typical y-axis. Start at zero and go a little beyond your max value (so, say, about 3000) is the traditional way.
If you want to focus on the trend, the line should end up somewhere in the middle, so, say, something like 2000-2750, or wider intervals, making sure the line is somewhat in the middle. The left graph is kindof like that, I can imagine that it's close to the graphing software default.

The way they have done the deaths graph is shown here, not starting at zero and also leaving a ton of room at the top, subconsciously makes one think the figures are low. No graphing software will automatically choose these y-limits, so it's been done manually.