The Biden Presidency

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There's a few ways to do a typical y-axis. Start at zero and go a little beyond your max value (so, say, about 3000) is the traditional way.
If you want to focus on the trend, the line should end up somewhere in the middle, so, say, something like 2000-2750, or wider intervals, making sure the line is somewhat in the middle. The left graph is kindof like that, I can imagine that it's close to the graphing software default.

The way they have done the deaths graph is shown here, not starting at zero and also leaving a ton of room at the top, subconsciously makes one think the figures are low. No graphing software will automatically choose these y-limits, so it's been done manually.
Ah I get it now, thanks!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You did read where he explained what happened, right? The test wasn't that much. The hospital messed up paperwork and charged him for walking out of an ER visit. It's an indictment on how insane ER charges are, not on COVID testing.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
:lol:

joe biden is telling people to just google it because his administration spent the last 4 months pretending covid was over. they did nothing to prepare for this entirely predictable surge. there is no infrastructure whatsoever.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol:

joe biden is telling people to just google it because his administration spent the last 4 months pretending covid was over. they did nothing to prepare for this entirely predictable surge. there is no infrastructure whatsoever.
None of which has anything to do with the Tweet you posted unless the feds are now in charge of hospital billing.

nimic

something nice
Scout
There's a few ways to do a typical y-axis. Start at zero and go a little beyond your max value (so, say, about 3000) is the traditional way.
If you want to focus on the trend, the line should end up somewhere in the middle, so, say, something like 2000-2750, or wider intervals, making sure the line is somewhat in the middle. The left graph is kindof like that, I can imagine that it's close to the graphing software default.

The way they have done the deaths graph is shown here, not starting at zero and also leaving a ton of room at the top, subconsciously makes one think the figures are low. No graphing software will automatically choose these y-limits, so it's been done manually.
I didn't find it that egregious. The two graphs are related, so they start at the same "base" point and then it shows how they both move relative to the "same" starting point. The bottom of both graphs is close to the bottom of the one that goes down, while the top of both is close to the top of the one that goes up. Maybe that's not how you're supposed to do it, but there are far worse graphs out there.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
yes it does
1. Biden says Google "COVID Test Near Me"
2. Guy Googles "COVID Test Near Me"
3. Gets appointment for COVID test near him but not at a federal site.
4. Doesn't show up for test
5. Hospital (not a federal testing site) messes up paperwork and sends him a bill.

Obviously Biden's fault.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
1. Biden says Google "COVID Test Near Me"
2. Guy Googles "COVID Test Near Me"
3. Gets appointment for COVID test near him but not at a federal site.
4. Doesn't show up for test
5. Hospital (not a federal testing site) messes up paperwork and sends him a bill.

Obviously Biden's fault.
You really don’t see any issue with government guidance being “just Google it”?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The feck do they find these morons. I get it's not all biased on merit, but this at this stage Im confident I would be the best vice president of the US in history. Our politicians are at least convincing bullshit artists.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The feck do they find these morons. I get it's not all biased on merit, but this at this stage Im confident I would be the best vice president of the US in history. Our politicians are at least convincing bullshit artists.
Lately, it's been optics. Kamala was to appease the identity politics/diversity demands from that segment of the Dem base. Pence was to appease the evangelicals in the Rep base.

Sweet Square

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I will ask you a rhetorical question.

Actually I won't.

Simbo

Fact checkers have concluded Biden is correct with his assessment.