The Biden Presidency

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The optics of this is terrible. How on earth did they manage to leave documents like these all over..

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good fecking christ, just shred the documents in place. The fecking NA didn't even realize they were missing.

What an abortion this has become. No way in hell Garland indicts Trump now.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Is this one of those things where literally every President ever would have some lying around in their house, but we're only seeing it now because of how it's salient in the press?

Obviously for Trump it's a huge win, and the 'both-sidesing' media will lap it up. But in terms of actual malfeasance, I can't get a sense of whether or not this is extremely common.

Maybe every single thing the President writes on is deemed 'classified' or something crazy like that. Dunno.

RedDevilQuebecois

Good fecking christ, just shred the documents in place. The fecking NA didn't even realize they were missing.

What an abortion this has become. No way in hell Garland indicts Trump now.
I agree; we don't need a politician to be a boy-scout. Joe should have outright burned every single of those documents down.

If you want to show totally transparent honesty, you picked the wrong job.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
So are people ok with biden breaking the law just to avoid giving some ammo to trump?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So are people ok with biden breaking the law just to avoid giving some ammo to trump?
No?

For what it’s worth, Biden might get a slapped wrist for having the documents but he’s complied and returned them when the mistake was realise.

Trump on the other hand isn’t going to face charges for the same act as Biden, he’s potentially facing charges for not complying, for lying, for losing documents and for the cover up.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
No?

For what it’s worth, Biden might get a slapped wrist for having the documents but he’s complied and returned them when the mistake was realise.

Trump on the other hand isn’t going to face charges for the same act as Biden, he’s potentially facing charges for not complying, for lying, for losing documents and for the cover up.
I understand the differences. I mean people saying he should just have kept quiet and destroy the documents, that would be a crime.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Ted Cruz isn't a real human being in my mind, never seen evidence he is one either.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
So since all European countries are bending over to this administration and not realizing (the people not the politicians) we are actually close to a WW3? Knowing Russia in December before the invasion of Ukraine, the ruskies asked for a meeting about keeping Ukraine out of NATO and move some NATO bases away from their borders from former Soviet "satellites" and US just ignored. They planned to take the Nord Stream Pipeline even before the invasion which we have videos not only from Biden but other officials saying just that. I knew this administration is very corrupted but never expected countries like UK, France and Germany had their politicians wrapped and controlled by US. Orange man was bad and now I understand why, he wanted peace which is bad business for the defense mega corporations so lets have a war in Europe and at same time scare the American people about the Chinese with hot air balloons (like they don't have satellites to spy on US or even just use Google maps).
People need to understand soon NATO steps in Russia territory they will not use tanks or their army but missiles and will be the end of the north hemisphere.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So since all European countries are bending over to this administration and not realizing (the people not the politicians) we are actually close to a WW3? Knowing Russia in December before the invasion of Ukraine, the ruskies asked for a meeting about keeping Ukraine out of NATO and move some NATO bases away from their borders from former Soviet "satellites" and US just ignored. They planned to take the Nord Stream Pipeline even before the invasion which we have videos not only from Biden but other officials saying just that. I knew this administration is very corrupted but never expected countries like UK, France and Germany had their politicians wrapped and controlled by US. Orange man was bad and now I understand why, he wanted peace which is bad business for the defense mega corporations so lets have a war in Europe and at same time scare the American people about the Chinese with hot air balloons (like they don't have satellites to spy on US or even just use Google maps).
People need to understand soon NATO steps in Russia territory they will not use tanks or their army but missiles and will be the end of the north hemisphere.
:lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
10/10, no notes

SirAF

Ageist
:boring:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Have we switched to an alternate universe?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Let the memes commence.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This needs that Tomy Hardy this is bait gif, but I think you can't post gifs in the CE forum.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What in the name of God is this nonsense?

RedDevilQuebecois

Russia self-inflicted the expansion of NATO since the Kremlin openly supported the last genocidal regime in Europe in the late 1990s despite all of the evidence against that regime. Get a grip.

Last edited:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Ahhh there he is. Barros returns for another CE forum drive by. Posts absolute conspiracy laden right wing nonsense then fecks off again. :lol:

That last post is pretty special to be fair.

Sweet Square

Biden unveils Trump-style plan to deter asylum seekers at Mexico border

The United States could bar tens of thousands of migrants arriving at the US-Mexico border from claiming asylum under a proposal unveiled on Tuesday that would be the most wide-ranging attempt yet by Joe Biden’s administration to deter unauthorized crossings.

Under the new rules, the US would generally deny asylum to migrants who show up at the US southern border without first seeking protection in a country they passed through, mirroring an attempt by the Trump administration that never took effect because it was blocked in court.

The measure, while stopping short of a total ban, imposes severe limitations on asylum for people of any nationality except Mexicans, who don’t have to travel through a third country to reach the US.

The proposed rule establishes “a rebuttable presumption of asylum ineligibility” for anyone who passes through another country to reach the US border with Mexicowithout first seeking protection there, according to a notice in the Federal Register. Exceptions will be made for people with an “acute medical emergency”, “imminent and extreme threat” of violent crimes such as murder, rape or kidnapping, being a victim of human trafficking or “other extremely compelling circumstances”. Children traveling alone will also be exempted, according to the rule.

The measure, which was posted online on Tuesday, will be subject to a 30-day public comment period before it can be formally adopted. It would also be temporary and limited to a period of two years, with the possibility to extend it.

Biden, a Democrat who took office in 2021 and is expected to seek re-election in 2024, initially pledged to restore asylum access that was curtailed under his Republican predecessor. But advocates and some fellow Democrats have criticized him for increasingly embracing Trump-style restrictions as he has struggled to cope with record numbers of arriving migrants.

The measure is almost certain to face legal challenges; Donald Trump pursued a similar ban in 2019 but a federal appeals court prevented it from taking effect.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) vowed to fight the Biden rule in court, comparing it to the Trump restriction, which was dubbed a “transit ban” by activists.

“We successfully sued to block the Trump transit ban and will sue again if the Biden administration goes through with its plan,” said Lee Gelernt, the ACLU attorney who argued the Trump-era lawsuit.

Karen Musalo, director of the Center for Gender and Refugee Studies at the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco, said the Biden proposal ignored dangerous conditions and limited asylum capacity in transit countries where migrants would be expected to seek protection.

“It’s a terrible example of trying to flout your domestic and international legal obligations,” she said. The Biden administration began discussing the ban and other Trump-style measures last year as a way to reduce illegal crossings if pandemic-era restrictions allowing many migrants to be expelled back to Mexico ended. The administration is moving ahead with tougher asylum rules as the restrictions, known as Title 42, appear likely to sunset on 11 May, when the Covid-19 public health emergency terminates.

The homeland security and justice departments argued that surging numbers of migrants left them little choice. They anticipate illegal crossings to climb to between 11,000 and 13,000 a day if no action is taken after Title 42 ends, an even higher figure than the 8,600 daily crossings in mid-December as anticipation spread among migrants and smugglers that Title 42 was about to end.

“Without a meaningful policy change, border encounters could rise, and potentially rise dramatically” after the lifting of Title 42, the text of the proposed rule said.

Biden expanded Title 42 in January to expel additional nationalities while allowing some people from those countries to apply for legal entry by air via humanitarian parole if they have US sponsors. The parole program, for up to 30,000 Cuban, Haitian, Nicaraguan and Venezuelan migrants per month, would be one of the legal pathways the administration says would allow asylum seekers to circumvent the proposed restrictions.

Separately, migrants seeking asylum at the US-Mexico border could schedule an appointment at a US land port of entry using an app called CBP One. But since the CBP One effort launched in January, migrants say slots have filled up quickly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/feb/21/us-mexico-border-immigration-joe-biden-donald-trump

SirAF

Ageist
Ahhh there he is. Barros returns for another CE forum drive by. Posts absolute conspiracy laden right wing nonsense then fecks off again. :lol:

That last post is pretty special to be fair.
He should seriously be banned.

Barros: Ooh noo, I’m getting silenced by Redcafe wookies

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
He should seriously be banned.

Barros: Ooh noo, I’m getting silenced by Redcafe wookies

He's been like it for years. I remember once he was defending the sale and use of tannerite because in his words 'it's fun blowing shit up'

I honestly can't remember him ever having a valid argument for anything :lol:

SirAF

Ageist
He's been like it for years. I remember once he was defending the sale and use of tannerite because in his words 'it's fun blowing shit up'

I honestly can't remember him ever having a valid argument for anything :lol:

whitbyviking

He's pulling up compared to just a few months ago. I only hope the trend continues prior to and into the electoral season.
I think he's finished, not because of the GOP, but because of his own party. There seems to be a lot of relatively bad press about him recently, which makes me think maybe the Dems have someone else in mind and are just seeding things in the public mind to convince him to step aside when election season comes.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think he's finished, not because of the GOP, but because of his own party. There seems to be a lot of relatively bad press about him recently, which makes me think maybe the Dems have someone else in mind and are just seeding things in the public mind to convince him to step aside when election season comes.
He’s going to have no one credible running against him in the primary. He’s anything but finished.