The Biden Presidency

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Only obvious heir to Trump is Tucker Carlson and he doesn't fancy it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If Donie doesn't get some social media access soon, it might start working.
The Qanon and Proud Boys are already ditching Trump and no other serious Republican will court them, especially not Cruz and Hawley since they are going to be under federal investigation soon.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If Donie doesn't get some social media access soon, it might start working.
They are screwed and will be lucky to escape censure (they unfortunately will not be expelled). They went all in on the MAGA crowd and can't detach now. The insurrection welded them to it permanently and they are going to have to win or lose with that group in 24.

The Firestarter

They are screwed and will be lucky to escape censure (they unfortunately will not be expelled). They went all in on the MAGA crowd and can't detach now. The insurrection welded them to it permanently and they are going to have to win or lose with that group in 24.
Yeah, I was strictly talking about magats which will be a fairly sized group for quite some time.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You are probably right. I don’t think Big Oil is too arsed about it at this point, as they have already built and re-purposed other pipelines around it and have not been required to upgrade oil-transport train cars - that serve as the alternative - to modern standards.
I think the Canadian oil sector is actually ahead of the Alberta Conservative Party (Kenney's party) at this point. They appear to be more realistic about the current world, in particular the reality and evolving public opinion on climate change, and hence on their prospects and general future. Kenney's approach seems to be stuck about 10 years in the past. It's a weird reversal of the usual relative positions. I think Kenney is really not helping Alberta and undermining its future. You'd expect a leftist like me to say that I suppose, but Kenney to me is much further 'out there' than premiers like Ford in Ontario and Legault in Quebec (as much as I don't like them either).

This is probably for the Canadian Politics thread at this point, but all that to say that the immediate Canadian response does not quite represent the full Canadian position on this, and that this won't hurt US-Canada relations.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The fries are a nice touch, but the blank papers is a masterclass since most every binder Fascist Barbie would use as props (remember the healthcare plan?) would be shown to be filled with blank pages.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Norwegian political commentators were joking that while the American transfer of power is as bombastic and extravagant as possible, the Norwegian one is just the old prime minister handing their keycard over to the new one.

Joking, but not a joke though.

Fergies Gum

Biden needs to revoke this asap. Also find it bizarre that all of Biden's grandchildren will have 24/7 protection as well.

There used to be a time when the secret service was not used as a chauffeur service.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why do you think its obvious he is smart ? Because he went to Harvard?
Well, he did his undergrads in Princeton (which is as hard to get in as Harvard, and trust me, it is fecking hard) and then did his doctorate in Harvard. He was always regarded as a master-debater and has a long career of accomplishments (clerking in SC etc). Don't make the mistake that he is dumb, he is just playing dumb to be established as heir of Trump (and knows that most of those voters are dumb).

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Biden needs to revoke this asap. Also find it bizarre that all of Biden's grandchildren will have 24/7 protection as well.

There used to be a time when the secret service was not used as a chauffeur service.

Now Trumps out of power, absolutely. Biden though while he's president. His grandkids definitely should be protected.

The Firestarter

He clerked for Rehnquist, and the SC does not take idiots into clerkships.
Well, he did his undergrads in Princeton (which is as hard to get in as Harvard, and trust me, it is fecking hard) and then did his doctorate in Harvard. He was always regarded as a master-debater and has a long career of accomplishments (clerking in SC etc). Don't make the mistake that he is dumb, he is just playing dumb to be established as heir of Trump (and knows that most of those voters are dumb).
If only there was no way for privileged kids to unfairly get ahead of others in academia or other institutions that are largely old boys clubs.

I agree he is not dumb enough to think the Paris agreement is for the people of Paris. But people should definitely not put that much faith in the fairness of the institutions people like him have attended.

Revan

Assumptionman
If only there was no way for privileged kids to unfairly get ahead of others in academia or other institutions that are largely old boys clubs.

I agree he is not dumb enough to think the Paris agreement is for the people of Paris. But people should definitely not put that much faith in the fairness of the institutions people like him have attended.
In what aspect he was privileged?

Also, if you are not good, you don't get in this top unis, simple as that.

Now, I'll step back and need to have a shower and clean my mouth after defending Cruz of all people.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

It’s a difficult one for Biden, if he was to revoke that and something happened to one of them there might even be enough conservative outrage to seriously hurt him in 4 years time. There would be a Benghazi style investigation into it.

He should avoid the issue personally and rely on Congress to refuse to fund it. Or maybe they could grant them their wishes but only if they pick up the tab.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

This can surely be rescinded by Biden.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Norwegian political commentators were joking that while the American transfer of power is as bombastic and extravagant as possible, the Norwegian one is just the old prime minister handing their keycard over to the new one.

"Valget ble stjålet"

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

tbf when your country is as irrelevant as Norway even that's a bit much.