The Bishop Blaize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir A1ex

I don't have a problem with Boyle, never said that i have.

I only have a problem with the people who idolise him and go and shake his hand.
He's just a normal bloke who sings Utd songs like the rest of us, albeit with a fair bit of knowledge behind him.

Bizarre.
Yeah that is a bit weird. I don't know the lad myself, but onthe couple of times I've had cause to talk to him, I've just approached him like I would any other bloke in the pub.

MUFCgal

Sorry to bring this thread up again after a while. But, I'm going over to Manchester for our match against Wolves next week and I was wondering what this place is really like because I'd fancy going to it for a few drinks before the match. I read that only ST holders are allowed in.

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
Sorry to bring this thread up again after a while. But, I'm going over to Manchester for our match against Wolves next week and I was wondering what this place is really like because I'd fancy going to it for a few drinks before the match. I read that only ST holders are allowed in.
You have to have a match ticket to get in. It's good for a sing song but it gets very cramped in there. I took my ex in there and she was mortified. Last game for her that was .....

The stella bar is a godsend.

MUFCgal

You have to have a match ticket to get in. It's good for a sing song but it gets very cramped in there. I took my ex in there and she was mortified. Last game for her that was .....

The stella bar is a godsend.
Well because we're going over for the match, then it should be no problem for me and my sister then to get in? The only thing is my sis's boy is from Manchester, he was going to meet us there but won't be going to the match with us. He'll not be let in then, correct? If that's the case, then we'll have to go elsewhere. Any other pubs close to OT?

MUFCgal

He wont be able to get in but you and your sister will be fine. Try the Trafford across the road. There is a bottle bar out the back, usually everyone is singing in there. I'd ditch the sisters boyfriend if I was you and head to the Blaize.
The Trafford isn't like the Blaize, meaning we will all be able to get in fine, even if he doesn't have a ticket like us? Might give The Trafford a go then.

smallred

i venture into the blaze now and then, bout once every 4 or 5 games, mostly now cos the weather is s*it. was in there on tuesday night as it was f*cking wicked outside.

my missus loves going in there.

the trafford is a sh*t hole. never go in there. horrible place.

MUFCgal

i venture into the blaze now and then, bout once every 4 or 5 games, mostly now cos the weather is s*it. was in there on tuesday night as it was f*cking wicked outside.

my missus loves going in there.

the trafford is a sh*t hole. never go in there. horrible place.
I've read about a place called Sam Platt's too, where is that?

Great Hat

Tollgate , vastly superior
Blaize is better for a singsong.

Trafford bottle bar is good. Also usually a decent pre-match atmosphere in there. Beer 'Garden' is a good laugh but deceptively named.

Tollgate was alright when I went in but prefer the Blaize myself. They're fecking charging £1 now for entry before matches, but the beer is still cheap as with it being Wetherspoons.

M13

Reserve Team Player
After spending about 2 hours before every game stood outside the offy's, I actually went into the Blaize on tuesday - I ended up leavin' after some fat greasy whingebag kept givin' me funny looks (I'm sure the cnut was eyeing me up), and realising that it's actually quite shit.

MUFCgal

See the thing is, my sister's boyfriend will definitely be meeting us but I know you can't get into the Blaize unless you have a match ticket (he won't be coming to the match with us) so the Blaize is a no-go then. I read also that Sam Platt's is the same about having a ticket or something. If we're able to get in somewhere with him not having a ticket then that'll be great, just we don't want to be wandering around wasting time trying to get in places.

Rooney24

See the thing is, my sister's boyfriend will definitely be meeting us but I know you can't get into the Blaize unless you have a match ticket (he won't be coming to the match with us) so the Blaize is a no-go then. I read also that Sam Platt's is the same about having a ticket or something. If we're able to get in somewhere with him not having a ticket then that'll be great, just we don't want to be wandering around wasting time trying to get in places.
Go to the Trafford. Dont bother trying to fight your way in if there are queues at the main or side door, just walk into the beer garden out the back. They have a bottle bar out there and the queue to get served moves fairly quickly.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Been to The Trafford a few times this season and preferred it to BB to be honest. Rarely a queue to get in, quick service, not too cramped and a good garden... Not great for atmosphere but its been decent a couple of times

Will have to get down to the Tollgate one week to see what the hype is all about though!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I have never once been in the Bishops Blaize (nor The Trafford for that matter) - too many people for my liking
Since this post last season, I have now been in The Trafford (doubt I will go back anytime soon) but I am still yet to go in the BB

beller2000

simple solution. you and your sister go in with your tickets. give it 15 mins or so, one of you go out again with both tickets, tell the bouncers youre meeting a friend with his ticket, meet the boyfriend, give him your sisters ticket and both of you saunter back in again. wee buns!

MUFCgal

simple solution. you and your sister go in with your tickets. give it 15 mins or so, one of you go out again with both tickets, tell the bouncers youre meeting a friend with his ticket, meet the boyfriend, give him your sisters ticket and both of you saunter back in again. wee buns!
Good thinking, might give that a try. We shall just wait and see.

Muckamore Red

Standing outside Lou Macari's/the bishop with a carry out is where it is at*.

*Weather permitting of course.

Muckamore Red

Usually hang our George Best flag on the railings outside the Bishop too. Will be there for Leeds game :D*

*Once again weather permitting.

Girish II

Standing outside the off license and the chip shops before a match, how many caftards do you think you see, unknowingly, pass by? Do any of you ever look at others and imagine them to be various fellow posters?

B Cantona

Desperate
More importantly it's a bit easier to get served, or just drink your own bought from the off licence across the road! And still convenient enough to be short walking distance to the ground

Sir A1ex

More importantly it's a bit easier to get served, or just drink your own bought from the off licence across the road! And still convenient enough to be short walking distance to the ground
Weirdly I always find it much quicker to get served in the BB than the Tollgate, despite it being way more rammed. I don't know whether their pumps are faster or it's just down to th dozy bar staff Rob emplys at the Tollgate!

Status
Not open for further replies.