The Bishop Blaize

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphie88

I don't know why we meet at the Toll anymore to be fair...

Sam Platts is good for a laugh.
You have to pay to get into Platts and the queue for the bar is a nightmare.

We end up in the Toll because it's got cover for the smokers. Personally I'm up for a coup - Quadrant please!

Rob Bowman

So I am coming into town this week but will not be able to pick up my tickets til just before the game. Any caftards here thinking they might be at the Blaize and could help get me and my mate in? I don't expect this to work but thought i would ask. Thank you for the consideration and if by chance anyone could help me please just PM me.

Jaap

I really wanted to go, before the match against Villa in April - but my mates and I did not have ID -, so they declined and did not let us in. :(

MUFCgal

Went there before the Wolves match, I liked it. Me and Dad will probably go in before the match in March (Liverpool match). We ended up going over to the Trafford Bar for another drink, but didn't like that as much as the Blaize TBH.

Great Hat

went in tollgate briefly before the derby, looked a good place. quiet!
Tollgate's good. There's a bit of atmosphere in there, but it's not as crammed as the Blaize, and a nicer pub than the Trafford. They also have a good and fairly cheap outdoor grill thing.

I quite like the Blaize, but if I'm going in I tend to have quite a few and have a good singsong. Tollgate's good for a quiet pint or two before the game.

Used to go to the Quad quite a lot as it's handy for me, but it's not particularly great, and tends to have quite a lot of away fans in for some games. The setup outside is quite nice though, when the weather is decent.

Maltese Manc

A Very Weasteful poster
Went there before the Wolves match, I liked it. Me and Dad will probably go in before the match in March (Liverpool match). We ended up going over to the Trafford Bar for another drink, but didn't like that as much as the Blaize TBH.
Thought it was quite shit before Wolves actually.

Great Hat

I hate the Tollgate.

Shame as half the folk I know at United drink there. :(
Eh, it's not amazing but I can't see why you'd hate it.

I used to go to the Quad or Blaize before most games, but got tired of doing it week-in week-out and ended up going to the Tollgate more recently. I quite like it myself.

Trafford Bottle Bar is good but I don't massively like the pub itself.

Blaize is definitely the best of the lot to watch a United game in (if we're away or whatever) and good for drinking and a singsong.

Bread

Eh, it's not amazing but I can't see why you'd hate it.

I used to go to the Quad or Blaize before most games, but got tired of doing it week-in week-out and ended up going to the Tollgate more recently. I quite like it myself.

Trafford Bottle Bar is good but I don't massively like the pub itself.

Blaize is definitely the best of the lot to watch a United game in (if we're away or whatever) and good for drinking and a singsong.
Prob with trafford is there are some serious cnuts in that place, and is always rammed. Tollgate seemed nice for somewhere to star before going on, i always prefer cans outside anyway!

Crerand Legend

Prob with trafford is there are some serious cnuts in that place, and is always rammed. Tollgate seemed nice for somewhere to star before going on, i always prefer cans outside anyway!
Tollgate is a nicer spot, no doubt

Paul Scholes

the pub remain open during the games and showing them live? i will go there on tuesday and i have ticket but my best friend does not and he is thinking to stay there to watch it

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
the pub remain open during the games and showing them live? i will go there on tuesday and i have ticket but my best friend does not and he is thinking to stay there to watch it
I could be corrected here but you need a match ticket to get into the pub before the match so I don't think you'll both be able to go in together before hand.

I've had to show my match ticket whenever I've been there before, not sure if that's changed now or if its still the same.

Paul Scholes

yes i know this rule but once the game start all people with ticket they will go to the stadium so the pub will be empty. i am wondering of they show the games live

Genius Me!

yes i know this rule but once the game start all people with ticket they will go to the stadium so the pub will be empty. i am wondering of they show the games live
Not sure about that as I've never been in there when the game is on, but I'm pretty sure they do. They have all the screens and show build up to the game so I'd imagine they do show the match.

Genius Me!

Why does everyone hate the Blaize so much?

AARRONB06

Sam Platts is the best I think. That Red Square looks good though, not been yet though to comment myself.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Platts is good for a sing song outside. Don't think it's got decent TV screens inside though?

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
It's my first ever Man Utd game Tueaday so I'm going to the Blaize. Gonna be swell to sing all the fans songs and I'm making sure I get pictures with the hardcore red fans.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't know any pubs around the ground that anyone actually likes.

The last few times I've been up we've gone to The Quadrant. They have a tv there that usually doesn't work, a healthy collection of passing weird looking people, and an absolutely disgusting brand of beer I ordered last time which I can't remember what it was.

Alternatively you can stand outside the Tollgate not being able to get in the actual pub.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Why does everyone hate the Blaize so much?
Heard it's bit of a tourist attraction.
I was in there once this season as my mate I usually go to games with had actually never been there (usually goes to Platts or The Trafford) and he wanted to see what it was like.

Apart from the odd fit Scandinavian bird, it's a bit 'meh'.

Bread

The Blaize is shite because of the following: Songs about Leeds, City and scousers on a loop in conditions similar to a turkish sauna, Pete Boyle usually in there getting pints bought for him and people shaking his hand as if he is some demi god, it's pay to get in.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Pete Boyle usually in there getting pints bought for him and people shaking his hand as if he is some demi god
Boyle was stood beside us the last day I was in there actually. He had a face on him like a bulldog chewing a wasp, whatever was the matter. Maybe he didn't have enough of his minions buying him booze, who knows?

Gazza

Forget the pubs, find a quiet spot along the Quay and have a cheeeeeky toke or two. No crowded bars or Pete Boyle's to be found!

Status
Not open for further replies.