The Bishop Blaize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'd rather shag a bucket with a big hole in it.

Pete Boyle is idolised in there, and people shake his hand.

Enough said.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's the best place to go for a pre-match sing song though and I plan on getting leathered!

My mates from home love it in there!

I hate the Trafford so there is no alternative really!
The Trafford is just as bad in different ways.

Bishops - Ooooooooooooooooooooooh Owen Hargreaves.

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
Are you going to be popping up to the Tollgate at all?
Not tomorrow mate.

The coach drops us right outside the BB.

I'll be up for both Arsenal's and the City game though.

The Trafford is just as bad in different ways.

Bishops - Ooooooooooooooooooooooh Owen Hargreaves.
Oh dear! Gonna have to bite me tounge methinks!

i used to go there all the time and it used to be good until it got too rammed.

Widnes

Not been going this year because I give up my season ticket but last season i quite enjoyed going to sam platts, no even close to the same amount of singing but easier to get a beer, you are not getting crushed to death and you can still have a bit of a sing song.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Sam Platts gets my vote out of the main boozers.

Just the entrance fee is wank.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I have never once been in the Bishops Blaize (nor The Trafford for that matter) - too many people for my liking

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I love it in there before a big game, the place is buzzing. I haven't been for a while though.

Sir A1ex

Oddly it's much quicker to get served in the Bishop than the Tollgate, despite it being twice as busy. I guess that's what happens when you put a Blue in charge of a pub.

Sir A1ex

I'd rather shag a bucket with a big hole in it.

Pete Boyle is idolised in there, and people shake his hand.

Enough said.
And how many songs have you made up that get sung on the terraces?

Of course the hero-worship is a bit stupid, but he sorts out dozens of fans with tickets without making a penny, and is a genuine "top" supporter.

I can see how you'd be too cool for him though...:smirk:

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
And how many songs have you made up that get sung on the terraces?

Of course the hero-worship is a bit stupid, but he sorts out dozens of fans with tickets without making a penny, and is a genuine "top" supporter.

I can see how you'd be too cool for him though...:smirk:
I saw a video of him and his band singing Norman Whiteside to Mr Brightside.

Cringeworhy stuff!

Fair play to him though he's probably our most famous non-celebrity fan!

CR#7

coming up for the city and arse matches ideally whats the best time to get to the blaize pre match?

HsJ

Haven't been in Bishops for a long time now. Just stick to standing out by Macari's chippy and havin a few cans. Better than waiting to get served for 10 minutes. Plus you get the 'oh owen hargreaves' etc chants. I'll be there with my red stripe tomorrow, and Wednesday. And then at Emirates on the following Tuesday :devil::devil::devil:

Always a strange sight when you see some bloke outside Bishops singing his arse off and then when he gets in the ground hes as quiet as the rest of em.

HsJ

coming up for the city and arse matches ideally whats the best time to get to the blaize pre match?
Try and get there about 2 hours before the match. Otherwise you face a queue by the looks of things. Don't quote me on that though. I like to get around to the ground a good 2 hours before kick off to have a few cans and always see a bit of a queue there.

Nem 7

Most pubs in Manchester are shit from what I've experienced, get a few cans and post up outside the chip shop.

Bread

Most pubs in Manchester are shit from what I've experienced, get a few cans and post up outside the chip shop.
oyster bar in manchester is a great pub

and i always like doing cans outside the chippy when im with people, its shit when your on your own

Sir A1ex

Haven't been in Bishops for a long time now. Just stick to standing out by Macari's chippy and havin a few cans. Better than waiting to get served for 10 minutes. Plus you get the 'oh owen hargreaves' etc chants. I'll be there with my red stripe tomorrow, and Wednesday. And then at Emirates on the following Tuesday :devil::devil::devil:
That's what I've taken to doing these days

Always a strange sight when you see some bloke outside Bishops singing his arse off and then when he gets in the ground hes as quiet as the rest of em.
Well, I'm not in the habit of stalking people from the pub to the ground, but I can imagine what you mean...:smirk:

Don16

Annoying cnut
I enjoy the bishops. Fair enough, the top reds might not always be in there, but I usually have a good laugh in there. Good sing song, gets me in the mood for the match.

Muckamore Red

Haven't been pre-match since October, prefer to get a few cans outside Lou Macari's now. Though if it's raining on Wednesday I would be tempted to get down early to get in the Bishop.

Crerand Legend

Not been going this year because I give up my season ticket but last season i quite enjoyed going to sam platts, no even close to the same amount of singing but easier to get a beer, you are not getting crushed to death and you can still have a bit of a sing song.
Sam Platts or the Tollgate are far better places to go,parked my hire car at Platts on wednesday night and they could not do enough for me.The staff in the tollgate are also nice friendly people.Witherspoons is not a nice place and wont let children in as they are taking up the space of a drinking adult also I dont know what a pint is normally in it bit a pint of fosters on matchday is over £3.I use never to leave the Trafford on matchday but have went off it for a while,dont like the atmosphere in it anymore

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anyone see it after the match?

Closed down by riot police, sounds like the Yids had a pop :D

Wrong pub on there part yet again.

smallred

what happened? looked a bit serious, the cops were taking statements and people looked like they were not allowed to leave and nobody was being left in. anybody know for sure what was going on? there was 15-20 coppers there inclusding the riot squad.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
what happened? looked a bit serious, the cops were taking statements and people looked like they were not allowed to leave and nobody was being left in. anybody know for sure what was going on? there was 15-20 coppers there inclusding the riot squad.
Well a sizeable block in the Spurs section emptied with 10 mniutes to go, i imagine that has something to do with it.

Wouldn't be the first time they've left early and caused some trouble.
A bit naughty (nawty) Spurs can be when they fancy it.

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Im heading there tomorrow before the match with a mate from home.

First time this year.

What's it been like this season?

Is it still full of drunken Irish and the same formation of people on the balcony?
Ye of course!...... come on in, w'ed be delighted to see you ...... "ta cead mile failte agat, & beg tu abalta pog mo thoin"!

Status
Not open for further replies.