The Bishop Blaize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
what happened? looked a bit serious, the cops were taking statements and people looked like they were not allowed to leave and nobody was being left in. anybody know for sure what was going on? there was 15-20 coppers there inclusding the riot squad.
I believe a girl said she'd been raped.
serious stuff.

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
Were you mixing it with the balcony boys? ;)

Anyhow, what are the plans for Arsenal? Doorway?
No I wouldn't dare venture into the beloved balcony with my midlands reds flag!

Doorway sounds good for arse.

YHPM at other place!

I believe a girl said she'd been raped.
serious stuff.
I hope I'm not a suspect I kept going for my pisses in the ladies!

Got kicked out by the bar staff in the end!

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Well a sizeable block in the Spurs section emptied with 10 mniutes to go, i imagine that has something to do with it.

Wouldn't be the first time they've left early and caused some trouble.
A bit naughty (nawty) Spurs can be when they fancy it.
They should have tried Salford if they really wanted it

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
feckin' hell, not something i expected to hear.

On a different note, whats the tollgate like? im on my own again on weds and wanna go somewhere were i wont feel like billy no mates!
Easy to get a beer in, no good if ya fancy a sing song though.

You'll find the WGC drinking under the roof outside. Come and say hello we are a friendly bunch :D

smallred

s*it, not good to hear that at all lads. hope for everybody concerned, its just a rumour and not true :(

Sir A1ex

:eek:

I've always found the service in the Tollgate terrible.
This.

As I said earlier, it's actually much quicker to get served in the Bishop for some reason. The tollgate was my local for a brief while, and I got to know Rob a little bit on quieter evenings - I now find the only way to get served within about 20 minutes is to hope he comes past and get his attention, acting all pally!

theimperialinn

If your going to the Tollgate then cans from the off license are a must.

I'd have to agree with Ralphie it's a mission to get served in the run up to kick off.

I don't understand why they don't employ more staff on a match day.

The BB was well busy and it was only a five minute wait at the bar and you got served straight away at the stella bar.

Sir A1ex

Of course, at peak times, the delay at the BB is getting in, not getting served!

While the nice weather holds, I'm fully converted to tins outside Lou Macari's. These days I'm even remembering to get the beer in advance so as not to pay the rip-off prices in those offy's!

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Why the hatred to Peter Boyles.

I thought he was idolised by some.

On the subject of Pubs around OT - Its a joke the standards that are dished out. I'd love to get my hands on the Trafford and rip the place out. Everything about it is a joke. MAkes a packet on match days yet toilets and standards are third world

Sir A1ex

Why the hatred to Peter Boyles.
I thought he was idolised by some.
Think he's started to be seen as a bit of an establishment figure, there for the JCLs by some of the more, er, cutting edge elements of our support (yes you, Heapy:smirk:).
Which is pretty ridiculous really, but it happens to anybody that gets big (although Boylie has, of course, been getting smaller in recent years...)

On the subject of Pubs around OT - Its a joke the standards that are dished out. I'd love to get my hands on the Trafford and rip the place out. Everything about it is a joke. Makes a packet on match days yet toilets and standards are third world
Too right, would love someone to sort out a decent boozer near to the ground. Go on Baz, you're minted aren't ye? You can even invite your pals from Florida along for a mineral water!

bazalini

Too right, would love someone to sort out a decent boozer near to the ground. Go on Baz, you're minted aren't ye? You can even invite your pals from Florida along for a mineral water!
I have him on Twitter now.

theimperialinn

Think he's started to be seen as a bit of an establishment figure, there for the JCLs by some of the more, er, cutting edge elements of our support (yes you, Heapy:smirk:).
Which is pretty ridiculous really, but it happens to anybody that gets big (although Boylie has, of course, been getting smaller in recent years...)
I don't have a problem with him at all. People moan about newcomers not singing at OT and then moan when PB tries to do something about it. You can't win then people are always looking to pick faults.

His Cantona gig's are class.

It's just a typical case of small places catering for too many.

If someone was too churn out a decent boozer how long would it be before it was wrecked again. Not long is my guess. I think the only reason the Tollgate is half clean is because it's slightly out of the way.

OT needs something like the Fernhurst.

Baz - if you do open up can I come along for a complimentary Pimms?

bazalini

Baz - if you do open up can I come along for a complimentary Pimms?
No - I would find it hard to serve drink to some people from this website. Alot of you get on my tits and I'd find I'd be fighting with you all.

If I owned the Trafford this is what I'd do.

1. Keep the Name
2. Gut the Place
3. Small bars over the place with 8ft Fridges and a choice of 3-4 drinks on tap
4. A proper Beer Garden
5. Flatscreens all round the place playing MUTV
6. No Bar Stools or seating on matchdays
7. A better crowd flow for customers
8. Large Staircase to open upstairs
9. A fan wall for Pictures of fans from all over the world - (Would bring business in during week)
10. No fecking wood in the place / Better lighting / Staff that new how to serve a customer

Bread

No - I would find it hard to serve drink to some people from this website. Alot of you get on my tits and I'd find I'd be fighting with you all.

1. Keep the Name
2. Gut the Place
4. A proper Beer Garden
9. A fan wall for Pictures of fans from all over the world - (Would bring business in during week)
10. No fecking wood in the place / Better lighting / Staff that new how to serve a customer
i quite like the woodyness of the place, feels like a proper old pub! anyone ever been in on a non match day when its quiet?

are any pubs around any football grounds any good? ive only been to matches at OT and always got the impression the standard of pubs there is no worse or better than anywhere else

gaffs

1. Keep the Name
2. Gut the Place
4. A proper Beer Garden
Maybe ask your mate Joel Glazer to help out.

Randy Lerner put up £4mil to renovate one of the pubs outside Villa Park.

B Cantona

Desperate
I've paid someone a couple of quid in the past to get me some beers in at the Tollgate. Just went up to a guy being served, put the proposal too him, and he went with it. £2 to avoid a 20 minute queue and crush is good value to me

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I don't have a problem with Boyle, never said that i have.

I only have a problem with the people who idolise him and go and shake his hand.
He's just a normal bloke who sings Utd songs like the rest of us, albeit with a fair bit of knowledge behind him.

Bizarre.

theimperialinn

I don't have a problem with Boyle, never said that i have.

I only have a problem with the people who idolise him and go and shake his hand.
He's just a normal bloke who sings Utd songs like the rest of us, albeit with a fair bit of knowledge behind him.

Bizarre.
He must have done a lot for our song book over the years maybe, he deserves credit for that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.