Television The Blacklist

Sylar

Love this show. Binged it just before Xmas and have caught up.
Few filler eps of nothing progressing but its fine when you binge.

Dembe is obviously the best.

Also hope that spoiler / theory is completely wrong. That would be totally fcked (yet funny)

Sylar

Reddington in court has produced some fantastic scenes. Really enjoying the season so far as its provided a break from the status quo whilst still giving the same things (if that makes sense).

SqueakyWeasel

Reddington in court has produced some fantastic scenes. Really enjoying the season so far as its provided a break from the status quo whilst still giving the same things (if that makes sense).
I'm about a season behind so without giving too much away … is he playing it anything like his Boston Legal character (incredibly under-rated actor)?

Sylar

I'm about a season behind so without giving too much away … is he playing it anything like his Boston Legal character (incredibly under-rated actor)?
I havent seen Boston Legal :eek: :wenger:
Is that worth watching? Im guessing with James Spader, it must be a fun watch.

SqueakyWeasel

I havent seen Boston Legal :eek: :wenger:
Is that worth watching? Im guessing with James Spader, it must be a fun watch.
It's a bit girly really – mostly about his character, Alan Shore, who first appeared at the death of the show "The Practice". I really enjoyed it because of some brilliantly played characters and it's social commentary on a lot of US politics, views, and challenges to constitutional and federal law.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
It's a bit girly really – mostly about his character, Alan Shore, who first appeared at the death of the show "The Practice". I really enjoyed it because of some brilliantly played characters and it's social commentary on a lot of US politics, views, and challenges to constitutional and federal law.
Shatner is also brilliant in it

Sylar

Love this show and latest episode was great.

Nice callback to a previous episode too

Sylar

The two parter was good and could have been a season finale .

Conspiracies always great

Sylar

Season 6 is showing in USA (got to ep14)
Not sure how much UK showed or what channel it was on though

Sylar

The oceans 11 episode with Reds mentor was fantastic.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m really enjoying this season.

The episode where they ‘reveal’ his identity was excellent. Although, given the smoke & mirrors throughout this season/previous seasons, I’m betting the reveal wasn’t the truth.

flappyjay

The episode where they ‘reveal’ his identity was excellent. Although, given the smoke & mirrors throughout this season/previous seasons, I’m betting the reveal wasn’t the truth.
There is still more to come out. Redington has worked way too hard to keep his secret, I don't think that's the secret. Maybe 20% of it.

Reddy Rederson

There is still more to come out. Redington has worked way too hard to keep his secret, I don't think that's the secret. Maybe 20% of it.
Definitely none of it was true. The way he asked for every detail said he wanted to know so he could play along with the story.

Sylar

Definitely none of it was true. The way he asked for every detail said he wanted to know so he could play along with the story.
Even if it's not I'm gonna pretend your username is based on the character

Reddy Rederson

Even if it's not I'm gonna pretend your username is based on the character
:lol: No, it’s based on this exquisite little bistro I once visited on the south coast of France with a charming little Russian spy back in the 80s. One thing I miss about the Cold War, the under cover work.

Sorry, terrible red telling one of his anecdotes impressions :lol:

ha_rooney

Really enjoyed that season, great drama throughout.

The Reddington save was a little predictable. The ending was not!

Still trying to work out who Reddington really is...

Sylar

Really enjoyed that season, great drama throughout.

The Reddington save was a little predictable. The ending was not!

Still trying to work out who Reddington really is...
Yeah, it was well done. I was happy to see Dembe.

The ending was interesting. The way Red said to Ressler, something like you were given 'a story' was interesting and of course makes you think the one that was explained isnt true.

ha_rooney

Season 7 has started... just caught up & it’s got plenty of twists as expected.

Reddington might just be my favourite character on TV. Spader plays the character with such ease, pretty much owns every scene he is in.

Sylar

Season 7 has started... just caught up & it’s got plenty of twists as expected.

Reddington might just be my favourite character on TV. Spader plays the character with such ease, pretty much owns every scene he is in.
This is one of the shows ive been watching weekly. Just realised the second half doesnt return until March.

The twists of the last ep (Katarina Rostova) was great. I love the mystery around Red and the dilemma Liz has about it all.

ha_rooney

This is one of the shows ive been watching weekly. Just realised the second half doesnt return until March.

The twists of the last ep (Katarina Rostova) was great. I love the mystery around Red and the dilemma Liz has about it all.
Yep, the twists with Katarina have been great. Not sure if they have another season planned, but it feels like they’re approaching the end.

Sylar

Yep, the twists with Katarina have been great. Not sure if they have another season planned, but it feels like they’re approaching the end.
Yeah I get what you mean. It feels like the second half the show might see the end. I dont know if theyve planned or announced a new season after this. I wouldnt complain cos I enjoy this.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Its consistently good, love this show, James Spader was made for the role of Reddington.

Sylar

An episode without Raymond Reddington
Bold move but it worked as it was an isolated episode away from the blacklist stuff for one of the characters

Trying to think if any ep before has not had red

ha_rooney

They came up with an innovative way to do the finale.

Overall a very good season & solid finale in the circumstances. I can’t say I agree with Liz’s choice, so it’ll be interesting how that plays out next season since she’s all in & no longer conflicted.

parkthebuslads

Tbh, I thought the finale was terrible. The animation was bad, the voice acting somehow worst and the ending irritating.

Sylar

I can appreciate them giving us a finale in these circumstances and the work that it must have taken. The story was still delivered the way they wanted but with a noir type feel.

Agent ressler looked the worst though haha
The voices on the cartoon sounded echo-y but overall agree with @ha_rooney

Think it was a good season. So

makes it look like Liz is embracing the dark side (tho she kinda already did before) and going against Red
Hope it's not a one and done thing and resolved within an episode. The overall arc outside the black listers stories is great esp the mystery around Reddington

ha_rooney

Hadn’t realised this was back!! Looking forward to where they take the series after how the last episode ending (Liz’s choice, not the crappy animation)

Sylar

Latest episode felt like a game changer or a season finale
Wondering if this was the initial season finale before covid?

I did realise that the next episode is now end of January which is weird given it's only 2 episodes into the new season