Television The Blacklist

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Latest episode felt like a game changer or a season finale
Wondering if this was the initial season finale before covid?

I did realise that the next episode is now end of January which is weird given it's only 2 episodes into the new season
it's the usual mid season breaks that all the US TV networks have.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Solid start. James Spader is so fecking good, even his cat story in the first episode was captivating (although I barely understood the meaning behind it!)

I’m sure there’s more twists to come, especially since Dom seemed to say Katarina stole the archive & she had it as well, even though Red is supposedly N13... I’m going to guess that Liz stole the archive or is somehow involved (is she the archive somehow?!) & Red’s doing all this to protect her.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Season has resumed. Good episode but I’d forgotten most of what had happened, so it took a minute to get back up to speed.

As much as I love the show, it feels like they’re building up to the endpoint of the series, which I think is needed.

Sylar

Season has resumed. Good episode but I’d forgotten most of what had happened, so it took a minute to get back up to speed.

As much as I love the show, it feels like they’re building up to the endpoint of the series, which I think is needed.
Oh thanks for the notice, completely forgot and have something to watch now :)

Sylar

Yeah this looks it could be the final season. With the war coming not sure how they extend after this season.

Ep2 felt like a true season finale (assuming it was before the pandemic hit) and this felt like a good ep to set up this season

ha_rooney

I’m sorry but that was fecking stupid. Reddington has been a genius & ahead of the game for 90% of the series & then gets done so easily like that... the twist was so obvious. Poor writing.

edit - it’s been renewed for season 9!! So much for getting to the endgame :lol:

Last edited:

parkthebuslads

I'm not loving the writing this season, mainly due to Liz being the absolute worst. Her behavior is reprehensible, yet her male harem remains devoted and loyal, desperate to forget her actions and to bring her back in from the cold.

And Red isn't any better, reduced to having the intelligence of a potato as he aimlessly chases the shadow of criminal mastermind Elizabeth Keen.

ha_rooney

“Lock it down” but not until we give Keen enough opportunities to escape our task force building, which she takes easily. The FBI are more awful than before, which takes some effort. The FBI turning a blind eye to her actions or trying to find excuses is pathetic writing.

They’ve made Keen a master criminal who is ahead of Reddington & knows stuff Red doesn’t even know. Her actions this season go against her character over the last 7 years, especially when it comes to endangering civilians. The way this is going, one of them has to die & it better not be Reddington. He’s by far the best thing about this show.

Sylar

“Lock it down” but not until we give Keen enough opportunities to escape our task force building, which she takes easily. The FBI are more awful than before, which takes some effort. The FBI turning a blind eye to her actions or trying to find excuses is pathetic writing.

They’ve made Keen a master criminal who is ahead of Reddington & knows stuff Red doesn’t even know. Her actions this season go against her character over the last 7 years, especially when it comes to endangering civilians. The way this is going, one of them has to die & it better not be Reddington. He’s by far the best thing about this show.
Her having two planes on a collision and then with the hope they can resolve it last second was taking the biscuit. That was worse than any storyline in Scorpion as that show was ridiculous from the beginning

I understand keen wants revenge for what happened to her mother but they've kinda jumped the shark with her actions and reds non actions

ha_rooney

Her having two planes on a collision and then with the hope they can resolve it last second was taking the biscuit. That was worse than any storyline in Scorpion as that show was ridiculous from the beginning

I understand keen wants revenge for what happened to her mother but they've kinda jumped the shark with her actions and reds non actions
That was laughably bad.

Agreed on the revenge motive, I get that she wants Reddington dead. But they’ve taken her to such an extreme it doesn’t fit her character & ultimately I have no empathy for what she’s doing anymore. I’m actually finding it boring & just want them to end it (without killing Reddington).

Sylar

That was laughably bad.

Agreed on the revenge motive, I get that she wants Reddington dead. But they’ve taken her to such an extreme it doesn’t fit her character & ultimately I have no empathy for what she’s doing anymore. I’m actually finding it boring & just want them to end it (without killing Reddington).
Yep, I thought keen being on the run and on the blacklist could be fun, but they are going out of their way with lots of stupidity to put keen on equal footing if not a step ahead of reddington

ha_rooney

Don’t feck with Reddington :keano:

It’s weird how they made Keen the big bad & she’s not been seen for most of this season. Not that it’s a bad thing as she & the FBI gushing over her has become annoying & out of character.

parkthebuslads

The way that the task force has continued to root for Keen is gross, ridiculous and pathetic. It was a good episode though.

Sylar

Any sympathy should have been wiped when the two planes almost hit and how close it was to happening

Sylar

That might be the best episode of the season. That was pure reddington greatness.

Im wondering with Covid, and schedules, how much of this has changed especially as we arent seeing Keen at all (just little glimpses of what we are to believe is Keen). I think maybe thats the reason this story has gone into over drive and may have changed.

Any sympathy should have been wiped when the two planes almost hit and how close it was to happening
IM glad Aram brought this up with all the talk of her returning.

ha_rooney

IM glad Aram brought this up with all the talk of her returning.
He’s the only character who seems to question the morality of their decision to want her back & has some consistency with his personality. Ressler’s now so madly in love he’s lost all sense of reason, Park is kinda this rogue agent with secrets who hated her to begin with but now is willing to give her another chance & even Cooper’s been out of character by continuing to hide Keen’s actions from his superiors & ultimately focused on bringing her back safely with no/little consequences.

Add to that Keen becoming such a criminal mastermind overnight that Red is a move behind her each time. I still can’t get over how easily Red was manipulated to hand over control of his accounts from his trusted lawyer to the other guy whose face just screamed “I’m a rat cnut”. The characters this year are poorly written & their decisions don’t follow what they would do based on the last 7 years.

If it wasn’t for Spader’s superb performances as Reddington, I’d probably have given up on this a couple of seasons back. They’ve renewed for season 9, but there really has to be an endgame that explains to the viewers who he is & what the plan has been the whole time.

Sylar

He’s the only character who seems to question the morality of their decision to want her back & has some consistency with his personality. Ressler’s now so madly in love he’s lost all sense of reason, Park is kinda this rogue agent with secrets who hated her to begin with but now is willing to give her another chance & even Cooper’s been out of character by continuing to hide Keen’s actions from his superiors & ultimately focused on bringing her back safely with no/little consequences.

Add to that Keen becoming such a criminal mastermind overnight that Red is a move behind her each time. I still can’t get over how easily Red was manipulated to hand over control of his accounts from his trusted lawyer to the other guy whose face just screamed “I’m a rat cnut”. The characters this year are poorly written & their decisions don’t follow what they would do based on the last 7 years.

If it wasn’t for Spader’s superb performances as Reddington, I’d probably have given up on this a couple of seasons back. They’ve renewed for season 9, but there really has to be an endgame that explains to the viewers who he is & what the plan has been the whole time.
I'm certain covid might be the reason for this story being a bit over the place

This can't have been the plan especially with keen being awol

Nialler

Alex's Dad

Agree regarding Spader, he's superb.

Sylar

Spader absolutely nailed the scene with Cooper and Panabaker.
I thought he was at his utmost best last episode

Even with the Russian where you could see it's his world and everybody else lives in it

His stuff with park too

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I have to say Ive enjoyed this show a lot more with out Keen in it over the past however many episodes its been. She returned tonight though, and I just couldnt stand her at all. I skipped all the way to the end. 40 minute show over in 2 minutes. I just cant be arsed with that character any more. Shes just so, so bad.

Sylar

I have to say Ive enjoyed this show a lot more with out Keen in it over the past however many episodes its been. She returned tonight though, and I just couldnt stand her at all. I skipped all the way to the end. 40 minute show over in 2 minutes. I just cant be arsed with that character any more. Shes just so, so bad.

Shes a villain and theres no way out of it now. Its full on villain with what shes watching happening and the collateral. She cant pretend any more, and it needs to be embraced by her.

Norman Brownbutter

Shes a villain and theres no way out of it now. Its full on villain with what shes watching happening and the collateral. She cant pretend any more, and it needs to be embraced by her.
Dont be silly. Theres a perfectly reasonable utterly unbelievably ridiculous explanation for it all...

ha_rooney

Ressler’s constant erection for Keen is nauseating. I like how Keen just marched into Townsend’s mansion, semi-tortures him & walks out like a boss - where’s Nev’s army of mercenaries gone?! It’s a real shame Townsend didn’t end our suffering by suffocating Keen. Spader is still awesome though.

This season has been a big drop in quality. I don’t care for Keen or her revenge tour. The best episodes were when it was focused on Reddington. Hopefully we get a decent ending & actual answers next season rather than the usual cliffhanger where the audience is told 10% of what’s going on & we move onto another, bigger threat.

Norman Brownbutter

Megan Boone is sucking all of my interest out of this show. I love spader, but this chick is god awful. As is the writing around her. watching the new episode now, I damn near strained an eyeball when she showed up. The whole exchange with Aram was cringe as feck.

lsd

The Oracle
Megan Boone is sucking all of my interest out of this show. I love spader, but this chick is god awful. As is the writing around her. watching the new episode now, I damn near strained an eyeball when she showed up. The whole exchange with Aram was cringe as feck.

Yes i think i might give this season a miss as Liz is just completely boring to me and a horrible actress.

The thought of watching her trying to bring Red down at his own game just does not appeal at all.

Surely the writers know people watch the show for Reddington and Spader's performance but they constantly try and shove Liz down our throats above everyone else.

Its like Lisa episodes of the Simpsons totally skippable

Sylar

Liz basically almost got a plane killed. i just cant quite get over that now. The whole 'well they will solve the issue' is a copout, as it was a last second lucky save.
That and she was part of the reason another woman got killed, as much as the show wants to paint it as Reds fault.

And the man that Liz is working with is just as bad as Red if not worse. The plot has gone insane.

Spader is the main reason its still enjoyable.

ha_rooney

Keen is an insufferable cnut. Not only did she become a criminal mastermind overnight, she’s completely bulletproof whilst everyone else around her drops like flies. Her character this season has been awful. It doesn’t help the actress is utterly unconvincing in the role.

ha_rooney

fecking hell Keen is so annoying! It won’t happen, but it would please me so, so much if the DoJ burn notice goes through.

I’m hopeful we might actually now get real answers to what’s been going on this whole time.

lsd

The Oracle
Haven't watched this season at all as no interest whatsoever in the Liz storyline this time around.

Hopefully next season they will wake up and realise why people watched the show and go back to that

Sylar

Episode was last night (moved to Wednesday it seems)

For people who aren't watching (ahem @lsd ) the last episode (week or so ago) the ending had the beginning of the truth regarding red
And I'm guessing the next two will cover it so worth watching those mostly IMO

ha_rooney

Really good episode that finally gives answers & connects the series events. Surely Reddington is Katarina

Keen is still an annoying bitch.