Television The Boys

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Easily the most entertaining show in the worst of times. People who watch this show and moan about it need to really lighten up.

Precaution

Karl Urban, the Kiwi attempting an Cockney Australian accent with an advert for Castlemania XX of a Father and his Mum sounds like a posh surreyish English accent, quite the family.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Really enjoyed that final episode, though did have the laugh at the three girls kicking Stormfront, surely they should have been able to uses their actual powers to finish her off.

No idea where they go with it from here. Guess Butcher's hate for Homelander and Stormfront is still there as well, but not sure they can make to much more from that considering how Homelander let them go in the end.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Really enjoyed that final episode, though did have the laugh at the three girls kicking Stormfront, surely they should have been able to uses their actual powers to finish her off.

No idea where they go with it from here. Guess Butcher's hate for Homelander and Stormfront is still there as well, but not sure they can make to much more from that considering how Homelander let them go in the end.
For me and I'm sure a lot others, Bill Butcher and the actor playing him is the best thing in the show, period. It's not a character to take too seriously outside of being memorable.

As for the others finishing Stormfront, she's probably just a tier below if not the same bracket as Homelander in powers. All the rest weren't close to her level I think.

I wonder if the kid's lasers completely fecking Stomfront up means he's more powerful than Homelander too.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
For me and I'm sure a lot others, Bill Butcher and the actor playing him is the best thing in the show, period. It's not a character to take too seriously outside of being memorable.

As for the others finishing Stormfront, she's probably just a tier below if not the same bracket as Homelander in powers. All the rest weren't close to her level I think.

I wonder if the kid's lasers completely fecking Stomfront up means he's more powerful than Homelander too.
I thought Queen Maeve was meant to be just as strong, though it was more just how they had her completely beat and just went to random kicks instead of breaking her neck or something.

I'd guess the kid will end up stronger than his dad as well.

Drainy

The last episode was very GOT season 7/8

Plot armour, teleporting and characters conveniently knowing where to be at the right time etc.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Here's one thing I nearly forgot in all the later madness.

How did she survive having her neck broken?
It's part of her power set I think. They hinted at quick recovery/coming back from death when she was ambushed by Black Noir, having been gutted pretty badly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The last episode was very GOT season 7/8

Plot armour, teleporting and characters conveniently knowing where to be at the right time etc.
The plot armour bit always confuses me. I mean I'd understand it if we were watching a Chris Nolan flick but this more entertainment. As long as they don't consistently do stupid shit I'm fine with it.
Re. people being at the right place all the time, I think the humans planned everything to a T, and the Supes don't need long to find a target at all. Naturally they catch up quick!

nimic

something nice
Scout
The plot armour bit always confuses me. I mean I'd understand it if we were watching a Chris Nolan flick but this more entertainment. As long as they don't consistently do stupid shit I'm fine with it.
Re. people being at the right place all the time, I think the humans planned everything to a T, and the Supes don't need long to find a target at all. Naturally they catch up quick!
Yeah, people use plot armour way too liberally. It's the same with flanderization and comedies. Everyone's an expert.

Terminator

I thought with the 'Girls get it done' line, the show writers were openly mocking Marvel with their forced scenes. :lol:

Edit: its a comic book scene apparently!

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Anyone read the actual comic? I've only seen season 1 of the show but read the first 50 or so issues of the comic years ago. It was good fun.
Finished all the comics. Far superior to the TV series. TV has gone totally down its own path.

Raven

Quality show, really hate Hughie. I understand that they need balance but he's just such a fecking pussy it annoys me.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Quality show, really hate Hughie. I understand that they need balance but he's just such a fecking pussy it annoys me.
He's dating a superhero, has killed another superhero, and broke into the headquarters of the superheroes to save his superhero girlfriend. He's not the most manly man of men, but let's give him some credit.

Sylar

Yeah dont see much of an issue with Hughie. Hes not out of place imo.

Kimiko is great. I keep forgetting she was in Suicide Squad.

Stormfront being basically a Torso was hilrious.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I like how Ryan's laser completely obliterated an almost invincible superhero but only gave Becca a throat wound.

Good finale though.

The Firestarter

Science folk, how would estimate the power output of Homelander and his kid's lasers ? In the megawatts range, for sure ?

Raven

He's dating a superhero, has killed another superhero, and broke into the headquarters of the superheroes to save his superhero girlfriend. He's not the most manly man of men, but let's give him some credit.
He's far from a pussy in fairness.
He's a massive fecking pussy. His endless chick flick moments are embarrassing and I hate the way every one in it goes on about how amazing he is, it's boring. I'm also not a huge fan of starlight because she bores me to death with her chick flick moments as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's a massive fecking pussy. His endless chick flick moments are embarrassing and I hate the way every one in it goes on about how amazing he is, it's boring. I'm also not a huge fan of starlight because she bores me to death with her chick flick moments as well.
I'm not sure what you're referring to by chick flick moments. Hughie is the only character in the whole assemble who is not a superhero or CIA trained, so the fact he can hold his own and outsmart others is actually impressive. Naturally you'd expect others in the team to endear him, I don't get what the issue is :lol:
As someone else said, he blew up a supe, is dating a supe, convinced another supe to help him and constantly puts himself in danger. So yeah, pussy wouldn't be the most accurate term to describe him.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Karl Urban was phenomenal this episode. Strongest acting we've seen in the show to date. Can he hurry up and play Solid Snake please!!!?!!

Raven

I'm not sure what you're referring to by chick flick moments. Hughie is the only character in the whole assemble who is not a superhero or CIA trained, so the fact he can hold his own and outsmart others is actually impressive. Naturally you'd expect others in the team to endear him, I don't get what the issue is :lol:
As someone else said, he blew up a supe, is dating a supe, convinced another supe to help him and constantly puts himself in danger. So yeah, pussy wouldn't be the most accurate term to describe him.
Chick flick moment is a term that was in season 1 of Supernatural, another Eric Kripke show. It's basically those forced emotional conversations/moments that for me just don't seem natural. Maybe I just don't know anyone like Hughie but his character is so boring. He's also the only truly unfunny character in it.

Just to be clear I loved the show but I just don't like Hughie.

Oldyella

I thought with the 'Girls get it done' line, the show writers were openly mocking Marvel with their forced scenes. :lol:

Edit: its a comic book scene apparently!
Its also used by Voght earlier in the series on a back poster when they are interviewing Stormfront and Starlight

Karl Urban was phenomenal this episode. Strongest acting we've seen in the show to date. Can he hurry up and play Solid Snake please!!!?!!
Him and Antony Starr and brilliant. That woodland scene was fantastic. They really are just dark versions of Batman and Superman.

Wonder where we go now? A season of the boys spanking other heroes building to a showdown with the seven/Homelander the season after?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Chick flick moment is a term that was in season 1 of Supernatural, another Eric Kripke show. It's basically those forced emotional conversations/moments that for me just don't seem natural. Maybe I just don't know anyone like Hughie but his character is so boring. He's also the only truly unfunny character in it.

Just to be clear I loved the show but I just don't like Hughie.
Ah thanks. It wasn't clear before. :D

But fair enough, we all have characters we don't like. I have a fair share of mine from other TV shows too! Weirdly I found Frenchie boring initially but he grew on me.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm not sure whether it's because I watched the last season all at once and this one spaced out, but I liked that one a whole lot less. Some good moments but just so much filler.

Also
Is Maeve supposed to be able to fly? How does she turn up in the middle of nowhere right at the end? I know this is basically just big dumb entertainment but it was jarring.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm not sure whether it's because I watched the last season all at once and this one spaced out, but I liked that one a whole lot less. Some good moments but just so much filler.

Also
Is Maeve supposed to be able to fly? How does she turn up in the middle of nowhere right at the end? I know this is basically just big dumb entertainment but it was jarring.
Can't fly but it's not a stretch of logic to think she knew where they'd be. Starlight went to her for help so we're assuming she knew the jyst of the plan even if she was disinterested.