Television The Boys

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Terrible finale to what otherwise was an excellent season.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
That was abysmal. What a waste of time this season was in the end.

Literally could skip the story from season 2 to whatever will come next year, and it wouldn’t make a difference.

evil_geko

Nah, that was FAR from terrible finale, it is just that season peaked few episodes ago so it seems underwhelming, but it was a pretty good finale. Expecting much more Soldier Boy next season, Jensen has been great.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't understand how Maeve is able to match Homelander physically while giving us the impression he could have killed her easily for all the other episodes. Other than that, an ok finale. Nothing special

evil_geko

I don't understand how Maeve is able to match Homelander physically while giving us the impression he could have killed her easily for all the other episodes. Other than that, an ok finale. Nothing special
I would guess he had his mind on Soldier Boy, Ryan etc, he wasn't interested and motivated to fight her there.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Enjoyable finale.
Loved the fight scene. Butcher is a cnut for passing the best opportunity to end Homelander. I hope we see Soldier Boy in a future season, really liked his character. Poor Noir :(

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
How did she survive. She jumped out of the window, the explosion happened mid air and we know that he zaps your power. So Maeve was human when she falls to the ground but somehow survived by falling onto some rubbish bins?

kouroux

How did she survive. She jumped out of the window, the explosion happened mid air and we know that he zaps your power. So Maeve was human when she falls to the ground but somehow survived by falling onto some rubbish bins?
Maybe the power disappearing doesn't happen immediately when hit by the blast but a few minutes later ? Giving her time to survive the fall ?

LInkash

She was training all the time whilst homelander doesn't train.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Feck Butcher, the dumb P.O.S.!! :mad::mad::mad: Don't think I've screamed at the telly this much in a long time.

And gutted about Noir and Maeve (hopefully she'll take a large dose of Compound V next season).

That was the most frustrating episode of the whole saga. Not impressed at all.

evil_geko

Asshole Captain America was much worse, they did the right thing.
Worse than Homelander? Nah, not even close.

You're absolutely right. They fecked up IMHO
I mean, you can make up things, every person is different and takes different amount of time to lose powers etc, that fall was like 5 seconds, it's not crazy to think she could have survived.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Worse than Homelander? Nah, not even close.

I mean, you can make up things, every person is different and takes different amount of time to lose powers etc, that fall was like 5 seconds, it's not crazy to think she could have survived.
I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if the fall was 5 seconds or 500 seconds.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You're absolutely right. They fecked up IMHO
before the twins got blasted they lost their powers and their TNT move went out like a tiny spark, so there was at least a remnant of their power left. So I'm assuming that it takes your powers away immediately but might leave a little residual charge? Assuming that the mechanics of Soldier Boy's two powers use the same energy? Might be talking shite

MiceOnMeth

Season 3 a big improvement on season 2 IMO. My favourite show on tv at the moment.

Massive Spanner

it's funny, Stranger Things gets a lot of criticism for not killing off characters, I'd argue that this is way worse in that regard. At least Stranger things is light hearted, this is supposed to be gritty and yet the only notable death we got in a season that was supposed to be building up to loads of big deaths was a bit part character we've never even seen the face of. YAWN.

kouroux

I thought they were going to go a more interesting route with him seeing their deviation from the comics but what a let down. He may as well have not been in the show for all the purpose he served.
Part of me still hopes he isn't 100% dead but what would be his purpose anyway ? They had to annoy us with those pointless scenes with Frenchie and Kimiko (at the start when he was snorting) instead of setting up a face to face between Noir and Soldier Boy

mu4c_20le

Part of me still hopes he isn't 100% dead but what would be his purpose anyway ? They had to annoy us with those pointless scenes with Frenchie and Kimiko (at the start when he was snorting) instead of setting up a face to face between Noir and Soldier Boy
He has zero chance against him, and we don't need to see him get his head split open again.

I think characters like him and Deep are mostly there to build up other characters, besides being fillers

kouroux

He has zero chance against him, and we don't need to see him get his head split open again.

I think characters like him and Deep are mostly there to build up other characters, besides being fillers
It didn't need to be a fight, just a scene and some lines from SB would have sufficed. Not everything needs to be a brawl. Besides as a script, you can make anyone fight decently against anyone as we saw on numerous occasions

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought it was a bloody great finale. Had me tense throughout, and set up a bunch of interesting shit for next season.

Massive Spanner

Also, what the hell was the point of the Starlight doing light shit on Soldier Boy scene when it did nothing to him? :lol:

And why did Homelander's lasers do nothing to him but Ryan's knocked him way back?

And Maeve survives that awful fall and apparently Elena is just back.. ready to move on with their life on the run, sorry, on a farm, cause.. she is from somewhere with farms, i guess. Oh and I guess her boning Butcher served ... erm... what purpose exactly?

God it was such a shit finale. For a show that supposedly goes against the trope it was so by the numbers.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Really shit finale.

I sort of predicted the bryan going to homelander thing but I thought no, they are going to give the character more credit in not being so thick.

Very lazy finale in the end

RepardReece

Enjoyed it, but it was an underwhelming finale in what was a superb season. The fact nothing really definitive has come of this season is a little disappointing, feel like the writing was sloppy in places too, some comments on here cover that.

Seeing Maeve go toe to toe with Homelander was fantastic though.

Feels like a season 3a, and season 4 will be part B.

Dante

Average bang
I think the problem with the finale was that Soldier Boy spent the entire season as (kind of) the goody while Homelander spent the entire season as the baddy. It wasn't until the final half of the final episode that they switched places. That wasn't enough time for it to feel like the resolution had any weight. And all it does is return a new character to the sidelines, since SB didn't even come to life until episode 5 out of 8. So the stakes felt a bit underwhelming.

Also, the other narrative threads that got a lot of screen time time this season (Black Noir and Neumann) seemed to get flown past without much focus.

The Ryan moment and the Maeve conclusion were the only other long-running storylines that had an interesting major moment. But neither of them were fleshed out parts of the main arc this season. Even the revelation about Butcher at the end was fairly predictable. He was always going to die by the end of the series. This just tells us one way that might happen.

Not saying the episode was bad, per se. Just that would have made a better penultimate episode rather than a finale.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Forgot to add its going to be a predictable thing for season 4 for:

Butcher. All this bullshit hiding his terminal illness, before someone finds out. Then theyl fix it with permanent compound V and hel be able to take on Homelander one v one. Bryan will probably turn again the other way, stupid kid.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ryan is a little twat but I'll give him some credit, that slow smirk at the end was ominous as feck.

I had to laugh at Starlight's big moment. All that pomp and circumstance to knock Soldier Boy on his arse for a second.

Maeve was class. Wonder Woman but if Wonder Woman was cool as feck. Her surviving is a bit bollocks though. It's supposed to take your powers and she was inches away from a mini-nuke. Still, I hope she gets a big return with the eyepatch.

Kimiko's set piece was fun but I thought she was miserable about killing people? She looked like she was loving life there.

Homelander's "I can get away with this?" look at the end was hilarious.

That cnut in the glasses needs a spectacular death.

Oldyella

I enjoyed it, surprised to see so may here unhappy with the finale. The tense scene at the final fight with all the big guns in play and family reunion was great I thought. I also enjoyed seeing A train realising just how much shit was being spun by homelander

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's really pissing me off how Butcher is expecting everyone to go to battle with him all the time and risk their life but then he fecks them over at the drop of a hat. That character is becoming really tedious now. Reminding Soldier Boy that he gave his word only for him to break his was fecking infuriating.

And waiting three seasons to show Maeve's real potential right before she gets dumped and Noir pretty much wasted in the whole saga are massive negatives so far. I hope season 4 has resumed way in the future just as Butcher's time is up. He's lost all his appeal for me now. I want him gone.

No doubt we'll get a whole slew of new characters next season. Time for GOT-levels of shithousery but there aren't that many characters to really care about I suppose.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Also, if Maeve can survive that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see a maskless Black Noir rock up next season.

Also, Hughie is a cum guzzling bottom who likes to be raw dogged. Allegedly.