Television The Boys

Hamnat

I mean, it definitely happens immediately, look at Kimiko.
Kimiko got blasted through concrete walls first though. If it happened the second the blast hit you she should have flat out died from concrete walls it looked like. Her healing stopped quick but she took some deep impacts first. I think also all Supes don't have the same durability. Maeve is upper eschelon tier durable. I kind of just give that one a pass it kinda makes sense but, they also could have filmed it another way so it didnt look like she fell 30 stories and lived.
before the twins got blasted they lost their powers and their TNT move went out like a tiny spark, so there was at least a remnant of their power left. So I'm assuming that it takes your powers away immediately but might leave a little residual charge? Assuming that the mechanics of Soldier Boy's two powers use the same energy? Might be talking shite
TNT twins said they hadn't tried to use their power together in decades, because they hated each other. Thats why it didn't work before Homelander blasted them

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Homelander's "I can get away with this?" look at the end was hilarious.
I think that'll play into next season as he's desperate to be loved and an absolute shithoute, now he knows he can get away with his shithousery and also be loved for it

Also, if Maeve can survive that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see a maskless Black Noir rock up next season.
Agreed

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Also, what the hell was the point of the Starlight doing light shit on Soldier Boy scene when it did nothing to him? :lol:

And why did Homelander's lasers do nothing to him but Ryan's knocked him way back?

And Maeve survives that awful fall and apparently Elena is just back.. ready to move on with their life on the run, sorry, on a farm, cause.. she is from somewhere with farms, i guess. Oh and I guess her boning Butcher served ... erm... what purpose exactly?

God it was such a shit finale. For a show that supposedly goes against the trope it was so by the numbers.
Agreed. The Starlight buff doing nothing was poor, and I'm not sure what the point of how things ended for Maeve was

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Kimiko got blasted through concrete walls first though. If it happened the second the blast hit you she should have flat out died from concrete walls it looked like. Her healing stopped quick but she took some deep impacts first. I think also all Supes don't have the same durability. Maeve is upper eschelon tier durable. I kind of just give that one a pass it kinda makes sense but, they also could have filmed it another way so it didnt look like she fell 30 stories and lived.

TNT twins said they hadn't tried to use their power together in decades, because they hated each other. Thats why it didn't work before Homelander blasted them
Ah, of that's the case that's a great moment. Cheers for letting me know!

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I have to agree with a lot of people here, great season let down by a predictable sloppy ending. Like the wrote themselves into a corner and then thought "shit, we have another season to do. We better Deus Ex Ryan our way out of here!". In the end it doesn't feel like the story has moved forward at all. Sure, some things happened. Ryan is with his dad and looks like he's going be cnut.jr. The boys are still the boys, with one new member who was kind of already a member anyway. Head popper is still a threat. etc etc.

Also, I really need to find a t shirt that says "Raw dog me, Im a bottom!". That was fecking epic :lol:

GeorgieBoy

The fight between Homelander and Maeve whist entertaining just didn't make sense. Their entire dynamic throughout the 3 seasons was basically that Homelander could feck her up at the drop of a hat if she stepped out of line. Now she's pretty much matching him in a fight?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
:nervous:
Also, what the hell was the point of the Starlight doing light shit on Soldier Boy scene when it did nothing to him? :lol:

And why did Homelander's lasers do nothing to him but Ryan's knocked him way back?

And Maeve survives that awful fall and apparently Elena is just back.. ready to move on with their life on the run, sorry, on a farm, cause.. she is from somewhere with farms, i guess. Oh and I guess her boning Butcher served ... erm... what purpose exactly?

God it was such a shit finale. For a show that supposedly goes against the trope it was so by the numbers.
When you put it all down on the page

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I have to agree with a lot of people here, great season let down by a predictable sloppy ending. Like the wrote themselves into a corner and then thought "shit, we have another season to do. We better Deus Ex Ryan our way out of here!". In the end it doesn't feel like the story has moved forward at all. Sure, some things happened. Ryan is with his dad and looks like he's going be cnut.jr. The boys are still the boys, with one new member who was kind of already a member anyway. Head popper is still a threat. etc etc.

Also, I really need to find a t shirt that says "Raw dog me, Im a bottom!". That was fecking epic :lol:
I guess that's the thing, the biggest development is that Ryan is with Homelander, but he didn't have a significant role this season.
The guy who did (Soldier boy), barely made an impact and the 2 minor character arcs that got resolved (Maeve and Noir) weren't satisfying to say the least.

The fight between Homelander and Maeve whist entertaining just didn't make sense. Their entire dynamic throughout the 3 seasons was basically that Homelander could feck her up at the drop of a hat if she stepped out of line. Now she's pretty much matching him in a fight?
Yes it was poorly written. IIRC at the start of the season, Maeve was training to buy a few a seconds of time in her own words. The show easily ignores the rules they've laid out for themselves and it'd being a fantasy show, it just means the writers can deus ex machina everything on a whim.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I liked the episode, up until we saw that Maeuve is still alive and so is Soldier Boy. Do agree with people that it makes that final scene sort of pointless.

The only redemption for that would've been if Solider Boy somehow returns later on the series because he was a great character.

And for people saying Maeuve putting up a fight was surprising, I think Homelander was going light on her at first and when he started putting in more effort he was about to kill her.

One thing I did love was Neumann and her being a villain for next season, love her character.

The scene with starlight building up all that power just to knock Solider Boy down for a few seconds was a perfect metaphor for the season, such great buildup to the finale but then sort of disappointing :D

evil_geko

I liked the episode, up until we saw that Maeuve is still alive and so is Soldier Boy. Do agree with people that it makes that final scene sort of pointless.
I can understand for Maeve, but why would anyone think Solider Boys was dead, he is basically indestructible, why would fall of a building kill him?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Ryan seems to have turbo lasers. Homelanders barely phased Stormfront but Ryan turned her into Darth Nazi.

I couldn't remember if he was taking it easy but based on this video he turned up the heat

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ryan seems to have turbo lasers. Homelanders barely phased Stormfront but Ryan turned her into Darth Nazi.

I couldn't remember if he was taking it easy but based on this video he turned up the heat
He was definitely holding back. They hadn't discussed a safe word.

Maybe each version improves.

SB's jizz made Homelander who can fly, laser vision, super hearing etc.

Homelander's jizz made Ryan who might be even more powerful.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
With regards to Maeve matching Homelander, I got the impression that Homelander’s multiple exposures to Soldier Boy had made him slightly weaker. Hence the bruise and the nose bleeding.

kps88

Maeve was going at 100% trying to kill him. He was swatting her away trying to get to his son and Soldier Boy. I got the impression that she surprised him a bit (they did make a point to show she was training for this fight) but he was in never any real danger and could have killed her if he really wanted to.

hobbers

Should have killed off Maeve just like they should have killed off A-train. Keeping them alive weakens the impact so much. Not even convinced Noir is really dead.

Actually thinking about it it's really fecking annoying that Noir is the one who gets killed off, with unresolved issues and an interesting backstory, while Maeve and A-Train are pointless entities and for no discernible reasons live on after what should have been self sacrifices.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I knew Ryan was going to turn bad as soon as they introduced him (in S2, the one right at the end of S1 is a different kid), based entirely on him being proper fecking weird looking.

Great season, but not a great finale. Maeve and Soldier Boy surviving seemed a little bit of a cop out. It seemed like they were building up to at least one major character being wiped out. Not counting Black Noir as a major character, since we barely see him and he says nothing, but now knowing his origin story, it's a bit of a shame we didn't see more of him.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Bit disappointing to be honest. Very much one of those series finales that goes big on spectacle and moment without actually altering the show status quo that much, which after all the build up was a bit of a cop out.

I never really understood the plan from the MM/Starlight side, cos it seemed more like a slightly contrived way for the show to complicate the plan to stop Homelander, which is something they obviously didn’t want to happen. The final fight also felt like a checklist of events and cursory motivations to avoid the big main thing from happening.

Ryan turning evil is somewhat interesting but doesn’t really feel like enough of a thing to justify the whole season, considering it’s pretty much the only thing drastically different from the start.

EdIt: Ah, I see everyone else thought that too then!

Last edited:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Ryan is a little twat but I'll give him some credit, that slow smirk at the end was ominous as feck
Yeah I kept going back and forth between "is that a smirk?" and "no nevermind" because the change was so subtle. Very well done.

Otherwise I agree with a lot of people in that the finale wasn't all that, which was disappointing seeing as this season has been really good in general.

Big Andy

Bloke
The Deep is the best character in this. The guy just goes round mouth raping women, and shagging octopus and dolphins and shit.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Saw the finale described as the most MCU the Boys has ever got and I couldn't agree more.

The Firestarter

Homelander needed to go or lose his powers. Now that season was rendered basically pointless. The writers are planning to milk this show in typical fashion. The whole dialogue was cringe as feck as well, as if written by Hughie.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Homelander needed to go or lose his powers. Now that season was rendered basically pointless. The writers are planning to milk this show in typical fashion. The whole dialogue was cringe as feck as well, as if written by Hughie.
Yep. No conclusion to anything in the main arc, 'cause we need season after season after... :(

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Funny, that I agree with most of the takes about how the season ended. This happens rarely, but yeah the ending was kind of back to square 1 after three seasons.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Good season up until the finale which just made the last 7 episodes pointless.

Soldier boy was one of the best characters though, hope he comes back later down the line.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
To be fair she did say once she could get a few licks in before he destroyed her and she sort of did that.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Saw the finale described as the most MCU the Boys has ever got and I couldn't agree more.
Agree with this, it's hard to write finales and it has been building to a big fight but yeah agreed.

Sylar

I enjoyed the finale. The season overall was great entertainment

However I agree that if you went from season 2 into the next season you haven't missed much as you're in the same place bar a few things (few deaths, and a character being in a higher power as VP candidate).

Hughie being dissed every time is hilarious. Not sure why but it's just the constant ragging on him everytime he enters a room or is brought into a convo

Anthony Starr deserves all the awards. Fantastic. Also Karl urban is great as an actor.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Anthony Starr is amazing but I would like to see a bit more nuance in the character now. Let's see some more of that weakness and family issues he has. Karl Urban as well only really shone in the last episode of S2. He's great as Butcher with the witty remarks but when he gets serious it's on another level.

Simbo

Shout out to Colby Minifie / Ashley too, she's also really good.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I thought they were going to go a more interesting route with him seeing their deviation from the comics but what a let down. He may as well have not been in the show for all the purpose he served.
Yes and No. He’s acted as a constant plot development device. That’s what he’s there for and I think it’s worked really well.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Agreed. The Starlight buff doing nothing was poor, and I'm not sure what the point of how things ended for Maeve was
What did you want for Maeve? She’s had a fabulous end to end story arc. She started out manipulated, powerful and broken. She’s now in love, powerless, but happy.

phelans shorts

What did you want for Maeve? She’s had a fabulous end to end story arc. She started out manipulated, powerful and broken. She’s now in love, powerless, but happy.
Yeah she’s dealt with a lot, and now has the opportunity to go away and just be a normal person living a quiet life which given how much she hated herself and everything about her life while with the Seven she now has closure and a chance at happiness with the person she loves is a very satisfying end (if it is the end of Maeve as you’d assume it is)

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
That's a fair point. I think a combination of some of the recent fakeout deaths, and knowing her comic book ending I felt this was one of the few changes I didn't like, but on reflection you're right about her story arc.