Television The Boys

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A little disappointed by the finale which felt flat but overall I really enjoyed it. Homelander was played magnificently as was Starlight

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
A little disappointed by the finale which felt flat but overall I really enjoyed it. Homelander was played magnificently as was Starlight
You mean the final episode as a whole? Because I'll defend the actual ending to the death :D

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, it's a great first season. I assume Butcher's accent is deliberately bad as it fits in with the overall humour tone, plus it's mentioned in the show. Obviously Homelander and Starlight are the stand outs and are great.

I've been trying to watch Preacher as someone in here said it was better, but half way through season 2 I'm bored and thinking of stopping. Hopefully this fares better.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I've been trying to watch Preacher as someone in here said it was better, but half way through season 2 I'm bored and thinking of stopping. Hopefully this fares better.
With Preacher it doesn't get any better, it just gets shitter. Stop now and instead go download the comics which are stunning. It's incredible to see how much they fecked up what should have been an easy home run for the TV.

RedDevilRoshi

Watched the opening two episodes yesterday and really enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to watching the remainder of this show.

Ekeke

And when you think about it, it's not even the "superhero" part of the show that makes it so great. They really have found a nice balance
I think it found a perfect balance of the "dark" side and light side. The dark side being what DC movies wanted, maybe not quite as dark as The Boys but still a bit like that in tone. But The Boys also has the comedy and lightness about a superhero world. Its like DC's darkness and in that world, it still had Marvel's comedy. Something like that

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think it found a perfect balance of the "dark" side and light side. The dark side being what DC movies wanted, maybe not quite as dark as The Boys but still a bit like that in tone. But The Boys also has the comedy and lightness about a superhero world. Its like DC's darkness and in that world, it still had Marvel's comedy. Something like that
Yeah. I agree that. I have read the comics a little and they are much more hardcore than the show. The writers and directors have done well to use the books as a source while making their own version of the story

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They're filming in Toronto again. Wonder if I'll bump into Erin Moriarty :drool:

Simbo

Reached for next episode button last night and it wasn't there :(

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looks like they’re going even crazier than season 1!!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm nearly the end and I think its absolutely excellent.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I don't think, opening a new thread for this is apt either.

I am not really into superheroes movies, like I do enjoy it, but it isn't something I look forward to, unless it is something involving Joker. But this series is fan-fcuking-tastic, like superhero movies aren't realistic, and looking for reality into them is pedantic and anal retentive, but if superheroes ever exist, this is more closer to the reality with all the collateral damages, corruption, mentally damaged supes and exploitation by corporates. Like no black and white, hero and villian cr@p. I think only Starlight was a pure hero like character among them all.

Who is that actor who played Homelander(I know I can google, but wanted to know if he has other works too), he was pretty good, and so was thar Starlight girl, especially in emotional scenes. Although the best actor for me was that actress who played that manipulative and conniving Ms. Stillwell.

Was second season planned? Like in current situation I can't say, waiting for second season, because it sounds too selfish and insensitive, but was a second season planned, because there are so many cliff hangers.

Edit: okay just saw a trailer of season two, when it is releasing?

Art Vandelay

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I don't think, opening a new thread for this is apt either.

I am not really into superheroes movies, like I do enjoy it, but it isn't something I look forward to, unless it is something involving Joker. But this series is fan-fcuking-tastic, like superhero movies aren't realistic, and looking for reality into them is pedantic and anal retentive, but if superheroes ever exist, this is more closer to the reality with all the collateral damages, corruption, mentally damaged supes and exploitation by corporates. Like no black and white, hero and villian cr@p. I think only Starlight was a pure hero like character among them all.

Who is that actor who played Homelander(I know I can google, but wanted to know if he has other works too), he was pretty good, and so was thar Starlight girl, especially in emotional scenes. Although the best actor for me was that actress who played that manipulative and conniving Ms. Stillwell.

Was second season planned? Like in current situation I can't say, waiting for second season, because it sounds too selfish and insensitive, but was a second season planned, because there are so many cliff hangers.

Edit: okay just saw a trailer of season two, when it is releasing?
Matthew Starr plays Homelander, he is in another show called Banshee which is excellent and he's also very good in that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just binge watched the first series. Excellent. Can't wait for next series but I'm afraid it will run out of ideas like my other fave series, Heroes, which really fell off a cliff. Sylar is probably one of my all time favourite super villains, and they messed his arc up too.

buchansleftleg

Really looking forward to season 2 - I was enjoying it immensely but what happened to Haley Joel Osment's character just blew my mind! - Hope the next series has more guest stars appear and make a similar impact in the show ;)

Fingeredmouse

Just binge watched the first series. Excellent. Can't wait for next series but I'm afraid it will run out of ideas like my other fave series, Heroes, which really fell off a cliff. Sylar is probably one of my all time favourite super villains, and they messed his arc up too.
I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure Heroes had no source material to fall back upon. The Boys does and significant quantities of it too.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure Heroes had no source material to fall back upon. The Boys does and significant quantities of it too.
Heroes was also badly affected by the writers strike which basically torpedoed the second season.