Television The Boys

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Loved the first 3 episodes. Homelander is such a great character and Deep is amazing too in a completely different way :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Really, really good. Not terribly surprising that the hero named after a Neo-nazi site was racist, but it makes it even easier to hate her than Homelander (who is just a sociopath).

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've been reading the comics and I think this is one of the rare instances where the screen adaptation is far better than the source material.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've been reading the comics and I think this is one of the rare instances where the screen adaptation is far better than the source material.
I agree. They've cherry picked the source material well, used everything that works, and ditched (or at least dialled back) what was gratuitous. The comic is good, but the show is better.

Homelander and Billy Butcher are much better on screen than in print too. Homelander in particular is just so well acted.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I agree. They've cherry picked the source material well, used everything that works, and ditched (or at least dialled back) what was gratuitous. The comic is good, but the show is better.

Homelander and Billy Butcher are much better on screen than in print too. Homelander in particular is just so well acted.
Is Hughie better in the comics? He's so annoying in this.

Seveneric

I think almost all the characters are an improvement over the comics tbh. So far the only characters I think are worse off are Frenchie and Kimiko. Can't wait to start season 2

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Perfectly cast too. And scripted. Never read the graphic novels but he’s one my favourite characters from any comic book screen adaptation ever.

hobbers

Stormfront really subverting expectations there. Who said nazis couldnt be feminists.

Hopefully it all devolves into a cluster feck of homelander vs stormfront vs rest of the 7 vs supervillains vs the boys.

JohnZSmith27

Loved the first 3 episodes. Raging I'll have to wait a week for another episode.

Patton Oswalt doing the voice of Deep's gills was brilliant. The singing :lol:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Disagree with it being better than the source material but I do love the show.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really liked the episodes so far. Annoying they’ve not dropped them all at once like Netflix usually do.

starman

I only planned to limit watching 1 per night and ended up watching all 3 in one go....
I actually don't mind the choice of doing weekly episodes, it's a way to limit people from spoiling shows.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I only planned to limit watching 1 per night and ended up watching all 3 in one go....
I actually don't mind the choice of doing weekly episodes, it's a way to limit people from spoiling shows.
I feel the same way. Hulu does it one at a time which is a drag with commercials. 3 episodes is just about the right amount for the week. Amazon seems to really have a winner and a winning formula with The Boys and it's scheduling. Gives me something to look forward to instead of binging the whole thing(would have happened).

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I feel the same way. Hulu does it one at a time which is a drag with commercials. 3 episodes is just about the right amount for the week. Amazon seems to really have a winner and a winning formula with The Boys and it's scheduling. Gives me something to look forward to instead of binging the whole thing(would have happened).
Hate to break it to you but it's only three episodes for the first week. From now on it's one a week.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It should be a criminal offence to release episodes once a week.

I think this might just be my favourite show. It's spot on in just about every way.

Norris

Really?
I didnt enjoy the first 3 eps as much, but this one was pretty good.
Yeah, many of the scenes were a let down for.
Butcher, The Deep's weird af Interview, the road trip from MM and Hughie. Only thing I found interesting and even slightly disturbing were Homelander's little travels.

Edit: I don't want to go into more detail since there might be folks that haven't watched it yet.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Personally I thought this was the best episode so far. Homelander's scenes were typically amazing.

ColvaleGoa

The Scene with Homelander and Elizabeth Shue were out of this world. My Jaw literally hit the floor. Not what I expected.

Also Lucy the whale.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Ultimately finding this a bit dull at the moment. Don't really see where it's headed. Not particularly invested in the any of the loose story strands with Deep, Kumiko etc.

Homelander and Stormfront's dynamic might prove interesting but the core story feels underwhelming right now. Also, the reason for Homelander keeping Butcher alive is pretty weak IMO. And let's not even get started with the Huey and Starlight crap.

sidsutton

https://www.gamesradar.com/why-the-boys-is-now-releasing-weekly-according-to-showrunner-eric-kripke/

Apparently the decision to release weekly episodes was made by the production team. Not by Amazon. I agree with their logic. I don’t like the whole binging thing, with nobody watching episodes of popular tv series at the same time any more.
In hindsight (or good foresight from the showrunner) it was a good decision. Apart from some Homelander scenes it has largely been forgettable.