Television The Boys

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I don't disagree. I just feel like they're ruining valuable minutes with Hughie and Annie. Homelander is acted so well, honestly he's terrifying at times
That is literally what would happen if superheroes were real.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I was wondering why the season has such a low score on Prime for user ratings. It's getting review bombed by people who don't like the staggered episode release spoilt, instant gratification demanding twits who think the world owes them everything.

“This is 2020…. We don’t want staggered releases of episodes!!” one reviewer wrote. “What a shame, I was looking forward in watching it… now I’ll just skip it and wait for it to be cancelled, then I can watch them all without any interruptions.”

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I was wondering why the season has such a low score on Prime for user ratings. It's getting review bombed by people who don't like the staggered episode release spoilt, instant gratification demanding twits who think the world owes them everything.
I was wondering why the star rating was low when I watched the start of season 2 last week. It's gone up a bit now, but I didn't realise that was the reason.

Slipknot were right. People really do equal shit.

predator

Youth NITK
Hughie is adding nothing to this show imo. I kind of switch off especially when he's acting all emotional infront of Starlight.

Anthony Starr as Homelander is absolutely phenomenal though. Starr of the show. I'm tempted to watch Banshee as I've heard great things about that which he stars in aswell.

Looking forward to next episode as I have no idea what is going to happen.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don’t understand how the fugitives are able to walk around without anyone recognising them when their pictures have been on the news. Also Stormfront publicly disrespecting Vought without any repercussions?!

Homelander is brilliant though. I want to see more of him & Giancarlo Esposito’s character.

b82REZ

Going to watch episode 4 tonight but the impression I get is that Stormfront is a Vought chosen supe as she could maybe hold her own against Homelander.

I said to my GF when we were watching last night that I wouldn't be surprised if Homelander somehow starts working with The Boys.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Was wondering whether the name Stormfront was just a coincidence. Apparently not :lol:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Really not sure where it is heading at the moment, and while enjoyable it hasn't managed to engage me as much as the first season. Bar Homelander and butcher's storylines, the others are feeling a bit meh.

That whale scene though, I laughed so much. Up there with the dolphin from the first season.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Hughie is adding nothing to this show imo. I kind of switch off especially when he's acting all emotional infront of Starlight.

Anthony Starr as Homelander is absolutely phenomenal though. Starr of the show. I'm tempted to watch Banshee as I've heard great things about that which he stars in aswell.

Looking forward to next episode as I have no idea what is going to happen.
I agree with all this.

Hughie is easily the worst character and I tend to switch off whenever he talks.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
"I want you to know that this was hard for me, sooo, attaboy and... et cetera"

Homelander is brilliant.

starman

Hughie's role and importance is diminishing, in the first season he was the main protagonist and the conscience of the viewer.
This season his strongest link and input is as the love interest of Starlight, the problem is I doubt anyone is rooting for it so will not be bothered if he died a horrible death.

Interestingly he looks like a older, face smooched into a wall version of that guy from Startup and the OC, Adam Brody, while being 12 years younger and being referred to as "the kid". I don't know what he looks like in the comics, but honestly they should have just got 40 year old Adam Brody, even though I don't like him much either, I would still be more invested in him...

Raw

Hughie's role and importance is diminishing, in the first season he was the main protagonist and the conscience of the viewer.
This season his strongest link and input is as the love interest of Starlight, the problem is I doubt anyone is rooting for it so will not be bothered if he died a horrible death.

Interestingly he looks like a older, face smooched into a wall version of that guy from Startup and the OC, Adam Brody, while being 12 years younger and being referred to as "the kid". I don't know what he looks like in the comics, but honestly they should have just got 40 year old Adam Brody, even though I don't like him much either, I would still be more invested in him...
In the comic his appearance was literally based on Simon Pegg, hence why Pegg is his father in the show. So yeah didn't really look like a kid there either. He's also Scottish in the comic.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I spend half my time watching this trying to spot Toronto locations.

mu4c_20le

I agree with all this.

Hughie is easily the worst character and I tend to switch off whenever he talks.
I can't decide if it's the character or the actor, because Jack Quaid seems to have taken over the mantle of having the most punchable face on TV.

djdhrubs

There’s just a few too many references to modern popular culture in a slightly irritating clever clever kind of way. But still very enjoyable nonetheless. The f*** pig made me laugh.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Homelands is absolutely brilliant. Very well acted. Everyone else is just alright. Agree Hughie serves no purpose and it would be better if he was killed off now.

Norris

Starlight is bloody bland. Can't tolerate her at all. Glad Aya Cash is on board. She is rocking that role. Homelander and her are pretty much the only characters I enjoy watching at the Moment. Kimiko and Frenchie are a great pair too.

Andy_Cole

I can't decide if it's the character or the actor, because Jack Quaid seems to have taken over the mantle of having the most punchable face on TV.
I came into the show with zero knowledge. I assumed he was going to be built up as the main villain.

It also doesn’t help he’s sleeping with Starlight who is absolutely out his league.

mu4c_20le

I came into the show with zero knowledge. I assumed he was going to be built up as the main villain.

It also doesn’t help he’s sleeping with Starlight who is absolutely out his league.
It's weird because when I google him he looks perfectly normal, but on the show for some reason he insists on doing a constipated Jesse Eisenberg.

Anyways, another solid episode.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Better episode. Stormfront & Homelander are carrying the show at the moment. Noir is cool too. The rest are quite boring.

Raw

God damn I really thought Homelander actually went and killed all those people for a second. I do wonder if he's really going to do something that crazy at the end of the season.

ReallyUSA

What a great episode. Good twist is basically Vought flipping a switch, and could have killed The Boys at will. Homelander was hilarious the whole episode. I really, really hate Stormfront. Nonchalant racism is so infuriating, and I am glad that A-Train is starting to see what's going on.

mu4c_20le

I can't help but love Stormfront, the writing for her is superb so far. Here's the Homelander scene:

Suv666

Its a fun show to watch but the story is incredibly bland. The whole Butcher's wife arc is boring and the Boys running around aimlessly, getting all emotional is tedious. The Deep's cult angle could have been handled in a better way.
I thought it was supposed to be Supes VS The Boys, but there seems to be little meaningful interaction between the two. For a moment I got exicted during the Homlander scene thinking finally the story is getting somewhere but alas! Tis just a dream.
Season 1 was much better. If it wasnt for the world class violent action sequences and Homelander I would have probably stopped watching.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Maeve's reactions to The Deep were hilarious.

It definitely feels like it's building to a Homelander/Stormfront vs the rest of the 7 and the Boys situation. Seems like Noir is somehow controlled by Vought so could maybe be turned?

Should point out that I've zero knowledge of the comics.

Just guessing at a timeline... :angel:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Maeve's reactions to The Deep were hilarious.

It definitely feels like it's building to a Homelander/Stormfront vs the rest of the 7 and the Boys situation. Seems like Noir is somehow controlled by Vought so could maybe be turned?

Should point out that I've zero knowledge of the comics.

Just guessing at a timeline... :angel:
The series has gone entirely it's own way so I wouldn't worry to much about comic knowledge. I would avoid the comics still though as I think they'll still use the odd twists and turns character wise.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The series has gone entirely it's own way so I wouldn't worry to much about comic knowledge. I would avoid the comics still though as I think they'll still use the odd twists and turns character wise.
I wonder if it's a given that the big twist at the end of one character's arc is pretty much pointless now unless they reverse what happened in Season 1/the start of this season.

Andersons Dietician

Season 1 was much better. If it wasnt for the world class violent action sequences and Homelander I would have probably stopped watching.
I feel the same which often leaves me thinking is it alright that for me the highlight of the latest episode was a dude getting his face ripped off and getting to see it in all its visceral glory.
Surely that isn’t right?

Suv666

I feel the same which often leaves me thinking is it alright that for me the highlight of the latest episode was a dude getting his face ripped off and getting to see it in all its visceral glory.
Surely that isn’t right?
Haha mate I rewinded that bit to watch it again. No idea mate you'll have to ask a therapist. Indulging our id without pissing off our super ego.

lsd

The Oracle

Its weird as you know to look at him he is Denis Quaid's son just a uglier version and then when you realise Meg Ryan is his mother you wonder what happened with him ?