The Breakup of the EU

Virgil

No it's just your way of looking at it. Muslim's and immigrants who would vote for Le Pen would not be very bright. French white people who voted for Le Pen would not be very bright.
I'm an immigrant and if I voted for Le Pen I would not be very bright.

Nice try though.
Just for information. I have no issue with your broad comment regarding immigrants. Its the other reference I take real exception too. I have reported my concerns to the site and will await developments. I do so hope the issue can be resolved at the local level without me having to escalate the issue further.

And just so you really do know this is not an issue of semantics or glibness as per your 'Nice try though' Personally I want both your posts and mine on this issue expunging so that we can move amicably on.

The Firestarter

I have reported my concerns to the site and will await developments. I do so hope the issue can be resolved at the local level without me having to escalate the issue further.
Mate you are posting on redcafe, not preparing appeals to the supreme court.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
People that think it’s stronger than ever are deluded. It’s a declining economic power and was even with the UK in it. I think this is why the ideologues at the political level will push for more and more integration so it becomes harder for it to break up as it continues to decline in economic importance.

Hard to say what happens in the future but I’m sceptical it will survive an event like a mass climate refugee crisis, at least in its current form.
You're brave.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Just for information. I have no issue with your broad comment regarding immigrants. Its the other reference I take real exception too. I have reported my concerns to the site and will await developments. I do so hope the issue can be resolved at the local level without me having to escalate the issue further.

And just so you really do know this is not an issue of semantics or glibness as per your 'Nice try though' Personally I want both your posts and mine on this issue expunging so that we can move amicably on.
What other reference are you referring to. I am supposed to have made a racist remark without mentioning race at all. You may think the word immigrants may refer to racism. Or do you mean Muslims, fyi Le Pen has been considerably anti-Muslim throughout her life, so if a Muslim voted for her, it would be extremely daft. I didn't say all Muslims are not very bright, I said if one did vote for her they would not be very bright.

No I don't want any post expunged because it will show how ridiculous your post was.

I'll repeat regarding your reporting: nice try though

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal

Can't see it myself I'm afraid, wondering if this is a language issue but it's not at all @Paul the Wolf 's M.O I would have to say.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
It's the first time in my life I've been accused of making a racist comment, which it isn't,obviously ; quite the opposite. I do have problems with idiots though.
I don't believe that you are being called a racist which is the good news, merely that @Virgil understands the phrasing to possibly be a mistake but I simply can't see it.

It's a tough thing to feel that you've been accused of such a thing and I don't believe you are or that the phrase suggests anything racist but it is a bit important to resolve it while showing you support because I don't think it's your thing at all.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I don't believe that you are being called a racist which is the good news, merely that @Virgil understands the phrasing to possibly be a mistake but I simply can't see it.

It's a tough thing to feel that you've been accused of such a thing and I don't believe you are or that the phrase suggests anything racist but it is a bit important to resolve it while showing you support because I don't think it's your thing at all.

He stated in his original post "That section is about as racist a statement as you could make"

Can you sue for libel on the Caf?

Classical Mechanic

You're brave.
It’s a fact that it’s share of world trade has been falling and will continue to fall as the new economic superpowers continue to grow. Losing the UK has made the decline of the past decade or so even worse. You can claim that it won’t break up ever if you want or that it’s a great thing but to say that it’s stronger than ever isn’t true.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
He stated in his original post "That section is about as racist a statement as you could make"

Can you sue for libel on the Caf?
Yeah, it's the 'statement' - the wording, not you.

I wouldn't get into libel etc, this can be sorted out here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It’s a fact that it’s share of world trade has been falling and will continue to fall as the new economic superpowers continue to grow. Losing the UK has made the decline of the past decade or so even worse. You can claim that it won’t break up ever if you want or that it’s a great thing but to say that it’s stronger than ever isn’t true.
The thing is that there is a social and political dimension to the EU, that your point totally overlooks. Your point is strictly correct if we are talking about the EEA, though it's more the ascent of Asia and China than a decline of the EEA.

Classical Mechanic

The thing is that there is a social and political dimension to the EU, that your point totally overlooks. Your point is strictly correct if we are talking about the EEA, though it's more the ascent of Asia and China than a decline of the EEA.
It‘s declining as an economic power, it doesn’t matter if it’s because of other nations getting bigger or not. My whole point was that this is why they’ll drive to increase the social and political dimensions of the bloc, especially the latter.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh I entirely agree with you, I just thought you were brave to say it here!

JPRouve

Scout
It‘s declining as an economic power, it doesn’t matter if it’s because of other nations getting bigger or not. My whole point was that this is why they’ll drive to increase the social and political dimensions of the bloc, especially the latter.
And my point is that the social and political dimension have been key points from day one, you can't judge the EU/European Communities and its supposed decline/failure without starting from those points. The Treaty of Rome was built around a political and social goal by creating an environment that would force peace on a continent that had two World Wars in less than 30 years.

In fact, the ECSC was proposed by Schuman for political reasons not economic. The point was to make a potential war between France and Germany very difficult through integration.

Don't Kill Bill

The ECSC was first proposed by French foreign minister Robert Schuman on 9 May 1950 as a way to prevent further war between France and Germany. He declared his aim was to "make war not only unthinkable but materially impossible"

To be fair they have overseen the closing of most of both industries. Meanwhile the country that has grown them most is about to become the largest economy in the world.

JPRouve

Scout
The ECSC was first proposed by French foreign minister Robert Schuman on 9 May 1950 as a way to prevent further war between France and Germany. He declared his aim was to "make war not only unthinkable but materially impossible"

To be fair they have overseen the closing of most of both industries. Meanwhile the country that has grown them most is about to become the largest economy in the world.
Well France and Germany aren't meant to be larger economies than China. China has considerably larger population and internal market and they also have considerably more natural resources.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders

Thanks to the EU's spending power and onesided generous trade conditions.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Not sure I really understand the point here.

Are you saying that if the EU didn't exist, French and German industry (of what exactly, military supplies) would be far greater than it currently is and that China wouldn't be about to become the biggest economy in the world if it wasn't for the EU?

Maticmaker

It's the first time in my life I've been accused of making a racist comment, which it isn't,obviously ; quite the opposite. I do have problems with idiots though.
Oh, be careful Paul, bordering on 'hate speech' that, it can land you in hot water.... idiots have rights too! :rolleyes: