The Brendan & Gerrard Show

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'A new Brendan Rodgers'
Reborn Leicester manager on the vagaries of success, and his public image

Brendan Rodgers is a changed man. Leicester City's boss hasn't altered his well-known template for footballing success - the emphasis on attack, the canny combination of youthful and experienced players and so on - but the man himself now owns the mistakes of the past and is determined to set them right.

"At Liverpool, I was rather a small fish in a very big pond," the Northern Irishman has admitted, "It was daunting. I was a wee bit out of my depth, being young and relatively inexperienced, and so I tried to make my presence felt; sometimes, this resulted in appearing foolish. Unfortunately, my reputation sank even as the team were doing well."

"With Celtic and here at Leicester, I've kind of deliberately gone under the radar - cutting down on the soundbites, the ego etcetera. Basically, I've been trying to make amends and change the supporters' perception of myself, Brendan Rodgers; thus far, I believe it's been mildly successful. So if anyone - royalty, or even presidents - want to learn how to cope with the pressures of stardom while remaining humble, check out my new autobiography The Rodgers Resurrection."

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Slippy celebrating a new 5 year contract by taking a massive L in the cup final.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Steve was filling the headlines these past few days:

Steven Amadeus Gerrard wants to see Celtic and Rangers play in the Premier League

But Gerrard has admitted that it would be "incredible" to see both Scottish sides compete in England's top-flight domestic league.

"I would love the Scottish league to filter into the English leagues, all of them, to save and help the Scottish game, but what I really want is to filler into Liverpool squad this season as player-coach and win the premierleague that I deserve, more than any player currently playing for Liverpool. Brenda talked few years ago that I could easily play as a defender, and I don't see how I couldn't do a job instead of Lovren or even Matip, van Dijk does it everything himself anyway. I think seeing me lifting the trophy is what the Premierleague really wants and deserves, and I wouldn't have any problems with that. " he told Jamie Carragher on ‎The Greatest Game podcast.

Last edited:
He's baaaaaaack

SteveJ

Scout
Football356: Gerrard ‘really interested’ in retrospective Liverpool title talks

S
teven Gerrard OBE MBE PHD TNT admits he is “really interested” to see if action is taken against Manchester City which could see them stripped of their Premier League title, won in 2014.

City have been hit with a two-year suspension from European competition by UEFA after being found guilty of FFP breaches, a ruling they are appealing at the Etihad Court of Arbitration for Hire.
Pep Guardiola’s side could also lose their 2014 league title if a separate Premier League investigation found that they breached financial rules – which City deny – and deducted points retrospectively.

NO COMMENT
“I read it this morning,” dribbled Gerrard, who was captain of Liverpool when they finished two points behind City, said after his side’s 83-0 win over Chernobyl Lighthouse-keepers XI.

“We will wait and see. From a UEFA point of view, it is obviously a real strong sentence or punishment. I’m sure they will appeal so we will wait and see what the outcome is on that. Then we will see whether the Premier League act from there. But if you look at the severity of the punishment from UEFA, something has gone badly wrong...at least I feckin' hope so. I’m really interested to see the outcome of that. Until I get the punishment from the Premier League, I won’t comment further. But I’m really, really interested in it…for obvious reasons. It’s all ifs and buts. It is what it is. Manchester City were champions. As I sit here right now, congratulations to them. They are cheats champions. Until things develop, if they develop, it’s all ifs and buts. I’ve got nothing to say on the matter."

SILENCE
"All I say is I’m very interested because of the severity of what UEFA have put out there. I have nothing to say. At all. Zilch. Nothing...except that I'll show those laughing twats at the Caf when I parade my medal outside Niall's bedroom window 24/7. In the nude. Except for my lovely, shiny medal. I'm going to ram that bloody chant down everybody's throats - do you know that it's on feckin' Spotify? Call centres don't even have soddin' Toploader on their hold music nowadays, instead they've got the bastid Slippy Song. Anyway apart from that, I, Steven WINNER Gerrard, have no comment about this wonderful opportunity to be even more unbearable, at least until I get culled."

Steven Gerrard featuring Rangers™ play Jaffa Cake Rovers on Sunday, with the chance to remain a mere 47 points behind champions Celtic. Bingo to follow.

https://www.football365.com/news/gerrard-really-interested-retrospective-liverpool-2014-title-talks

Last edited:

SteveJ

Scout
GERARD 'STILL NOT BOTHERED' ABOUT MEDAL PROSPECT

Steven Gerrrard, an alleged football manager, called a worldwide press conference today in order to declare that he has 'no interest' in the Manchester City crime family and its downfall, even if this hilarious tragedy actually benefits him. City's remarkable fall from grace, after UEFA officials queried whether a sock sponsorship was really worth 180 billion pounds a week plus the continent of Asia, has tarnished the formerly wholesome image of the sport which fines racist clubs 50p. Some rival clubs, including Manchester Twix Tractors United, have criticised greedy City while throwing gold nuggets in the air and laughing.

But Jerrard, whose career included legendary highlights such as The Gerrard Quarter-final, is content to sit in silence until Manchester City are allowed to build their own prison in which to complete their sentences. "When I broke my back trying to stop City winning the league title, I eloquently told my minions teammates 'Kay sarah, kay sarah - wot will bee, wil be'. I alone did not sulk or cry like a girlie or SteveJ would - I took it like a MAN. A MAN!!! In fact, I did what any normal person would do: I had replica medals made for myself and the most valued and brilliant member of the team - me. Then I had plastic surgery so I'd look like Vincent Kompany, and nicked the trophy. After that, I slapped the old Red legends duffers - Rushie, Brushie, Tarbie, Barbie etc - until they got in the van I drove to the celebration outside Liverpool Town Hall. Then I kidnapped the Mayor, so's he could present my medal...and some crisps and pop for the other players. The only thing missing from this glorious celebration of proper champions was fans, so it was just like City's parade."

Geraad, the interim Rangers boss, ended the first of twelve scheduled press conferences by insisting that if City are cleared and he is denied a League-winners medal, he is happy to wait until the Glasgow club win the title and so fill the remaining space in his personal trophy sandwich box. So he'll be waiting 'til 2120 then.

SteveJ

Scout
Gerrard unsure whether he’s ready for ‘brutal’ Liverpool job
Gerrard has done well at Rangers, drawing praise from Roy Hodgson and Klopp himself, who has expressed his will for Gerrard to replace him as Liverpool boss.

“I understand why because I was captain for so long and a large chunk of the fanbase would like me back at the club,” Gerrard told the Daily Mail.

“But I’m bright enough to realise that, first and foremost, you have to be good enough. The owners need to think you’re the right man."
https://www.football365.com/news/steven-gerrard-unsure-ready-brutal-liverpool-job

SteveJ

Scout
Scottish Cup: Hearts 1 Rangers 0
Match Report said:
Rangers knew their best hope of lifting a trophy this term was slipping away.

Guardian Comments said:
This is about the fourth report I've seen on a Rangers defeat/draw that has some reference to slipping in it. Are these all written by Man Utd fans at the Guardian hiding under the guise of Press Association?
:lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The Brenda & Slippy show hath returned to Redcafe, just when you thought the day could get no better :drool:

DVG7

Glasgow Rangers Hall of fame self inductee 2017 Steven Gerrard has announced that he will be available for selection throughout the remainder of the current campaign.

Commenting through his press officer, Steven Gerrard I, the non-league winning player manager was forthcoming about his reasons for calling himself up to the first team.

"The lads just cant keep their composure in the middle of the park at the moment, so who better to go in and show them who's boss than the winner of the IFFHS worlds most popular footballer 2006 award. The lads can barely string two passes together at the moment, whereas i've completed 671 passes in 1 game (Of Mastermind)"