Television The Caf' Anime Thread

AaronRedDevil

Takes time to get going but worth your patience with it. Absolutely do not watch 0 before the original
Will do thanks. Seems interesting. Watching Black Clover at the moment and I’m falling off it. It’s good but the repeated dialogue is getting tiring.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finally watched the AoT finale.

I thought it was decent. I did find it extremely over complicated from about S3 onwards but I still enjoyed it a lot. Those first couple of seasons were amazing and had some incredible episodes. What a show. Never seen anything like it really.

RedDevilQuebecois

If there are fans of the Universal Century (UC) timeline in Gundam out there, this series is coming to Neflix soon.

The main focus will be the European front during the One Year War.

MattofManchester

Has anyone seen Welcome to the N.H.K.?
I watched it. Interestingly, I enjoyed the manga, but didn't enjoy the anime. I probably have to re-watch it, because the anime felt forgettable.

But if you're down for that level of patheticism, give it a go.

redcucumber

I watched it. Interestingly, I enjoyed the manga, but didn't enjoy the anime. I probably have to re-watch it, because the anime felt forgettable.

But if you're down for that level of patheticism, give it a go.
Yeh, watched 4 episodes and it's a tad much. Gonna give Full Metal Alchemist, Monster or Serial Experiment Lain a go instead.

RedDevilQuebecois

So some of you might have probably heard the news about Kyoto Animation. Here's a reddit thread about official statement from the studio regarding the incident translated to English.

Words cannot even describe how I feel about this, Kyoani has always been my favorite anime studio, their works always resonate with me, and the anime they produce is always top quality, hope they can recover from this
Related to that deadly mass murder, the perpetrator is now sentenced to death.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just started watching jujutsu kaisen, I'm hooked.

Is it done after the 2 seasons or will there be more?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Definitely watch it, do it once you finish season 1 as it will introduce some things in season 2.
Great shout. Just in the middle of the Shibuya incident and yutas just been mentioned.

Also while on topic, yuta>yuji no?

RedDevilQuebecois

It's not exactly an anime, but this TV series on Prime Video is based on a manga written by Kaiji Kawaguchi: The Silent Service.

Some of you may already be familiar with Kawaguchi's works such as Zipang (of which there is an anime TV series that was made around 2004-2005) or A Spirit of the Sun. Generally, stories involve Japan and examine the moral choices that people make in extreme situations. If you are into this kind of plot and can digest a touch of politics and military science worthy of a Tom Clancy novel, this series is for you. A total of 6 episodes have already been released and the final 2 episodes will come out on Friday.

By the way, an OVA was made from the same source material back in 1995. I think you may be able to find it somewhere on YouTube.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

We just lost a true great. RIP Akira Toriyama. :(:(:(

We owe him the entire Dragon Ball universe, the Dragon Quest series, Chrono Trigger, and Blue Dragon.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
We just lost a true great. RIP Akira Toriyama. :(:(:(

We owe him the entire Dragon Ball universe, the Dragon Quest series, Chrono Trigger, and Blue Dragon.
Not to mention his influence on some of the best shounen series to this day including One Piece. A legend of the medium, RIP.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Genuinely gutting. Dragon Ball is my favourite franchise of all time. Rest in peace.

Munkehboi

What will happen to Dragon Ball then.... :(
I'd imagine Toyotarou will continue to illustrate Dragon Ball Super and he and the editors will continue the story. I'd also imagine that Toriyama sensei may have also shared future plot and storyline direction with them too. I hope so but regardless who picks it up, I just hope they do the story justice.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
May he rest in peace. One of the true giants of the medium, along with Osamu Tezuka, Naoki Urasawa, Takehiko Inoue, Eiichiro Oda, Yoshihiro Togashi, Kentaro Miura; and arguably the most iconic of them all.

Andersons Dietician

Started watching Solo Leveling last Sunday, really enjoyed it so thought I’d buy the manga on the Wednesday to have something to read on my lunch breaks. Started reading the first one that evening and then finished the other 8 books by the Thursday.

Once I got started I couldn’t stop. If you like things like Sword Art Online and Shield Hero I’d recommend this. Only 10 episodes as of right now.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Started watching Solo Leveling last Sunday, really enjoyed it so thought I’d buy the manga on the Wednesday to have something to read on my lunch breaks. Started reading the first one that evening and then finished the other 8 books by the Thursday.

Once I got started I couldn’t stop. If you like things like Sword Art Online and Shield Hero I’d recommend this. Only 10 episodes as of right now.
Solo Leveling is the best Anime of the Winter cour.

Andersons Dietician

Solo Leveling is the best Anime of the Winter cour.
Very true, the fight scene in episode 11 was amazing. Things are only going to get better as well from the next episode. Can’t wait to see it as the manga is cool but some of the panels don’t really do what is happening justice.

facchiano

Solo Leveling. Can't wait for season 2.

Started watching Ninja Kamui directly after finishing Solo Leveling. Seems like I have an affinity for blood and death.

I'm watching Frieren: Beyond Journey's End right now. Different but enjoying it so far.