Television The Caf' Anime Thread

Skywarden

"Legends of the legendary heroes" has to be the most unimaginative title to a TV show/movie in history.
It's certainly up there. :D

Re: Fairy Tail, I think it's a bit too generic for seasoned anime fans but newbies, like myself, find a lot of enjoyment in it.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Anyone here watched Devil is a part timer? A funny slice of life anime about a devil who escapes to another dimension-modern day Tokyo to work at McDonalds rofl :lol:

Second best anime of 2013 right behind SnK

Mauzindark

^ It's stupid and hilarious. MgRonalds ffs. At the start I was like :yawn: But then the :lol: ensues..

Ekeke

Not sure if this is the right anime thread, thought there was one before but whatever. If anyone hasn't seen it yet last year's Attack on Titan was good, certainly the best recent anime. The manga is also very good and continues. Its a little bloody and morbid in the spirit of the likes of Claymore and Berserk but its entertaining.
Just bringing this over from the other, shorter thread. Because I'm too lazy to type it again

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I've been recommended Fairy Tail a few times. Is it any good? Also, is it a high fantasy anime? I've never watched a high fantasy anime, but I'm a massive high fantasy fan. I'd look it up on Youtube but I can't just yet, hence why I'm asking.
My GF loves it... got completely hooked! I must admit, it did look interesting

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I'm in the mood to watch some anime but don't know what. The last anime I watched was Naruto, watched that right the way through to about 30 episodes into Shippuden, but I'm not in the mood for an action anime. I'm more in the mood for a drama, if anyone knows any. Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

edit - I might actually give Fairy Tale a go now, but I'm still open to recommendations

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I'm in the mood to watch some anime but don't know what. The last anime I watched was Naruto, watched that right the way through to about 30 episodes into Shippuden, but I'm not in the mood for an action anime. I'm more in the mood for a drama, if anyone knows any. Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

edit - I might actually give Fairy Tale a go now, but I'm still open to recommendations
If you haven't watched One Piece you should watch that ahead of Fairy Tale.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Why, are they related? I did start One Piece a few weeks ago but after the first episode I decided to quit watching anime for a bit.
Fairty Tale is basically a poor mans One Piece. At first the animation in One Piece might seem a bit wonky and strange but after a while you'll realize just how genius it is and you'll have 500+ episodes to wade through.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Fairty Tale is basically a poor mans One Piece. At first the animation in One Piece might seem a bit wonky and strange but after a while you'll realize just how genius it is and you'll have 500+ episodes to wade through.
Well you've put me off Fairy Tail, so I'll delete that. I'll start watching One Piece then. Know of any serious anime by any chance?

Art

Art the artist
I'm like in the 576?th episode of One Piece and it really is brilliant as it conveys a sense of adventure like few others does. On the other hand, I started watching Hajime No Ippo recently. It is an anime about boxing and is fecking awesome. I would highly recommend Hajime No Ippo to anyone who likes a good sports anime and has that Yu Yu Hakusho aesthetic to it. Great stuff.

Raw

One Piece is genuinely fantastic, but the anime seriously starts going downhill around Thriller Bark where they start dragging everything out so much. One of the biggest arcs in the whole thing, Marineford, ended up being painful to watch from all the dragging out they constantly did.

So I recommend reading the manga. Watch the anime until you finish Enies Lobby/Water 7 because that's probably when it peaked, and so you'd know what the voices are like while reading the manga (because the voice actors are damn good). The anime is very close to where the manga is now, so they're just going to add so much unnecessary filler into the episodes.

I've seen every single episode of One Piece up to now, and I highly recommend reading it instead and watching the anime for some of the iconic bits. Also if you're gonna watch the anime, skip all the fillers (there's some filler guides online so you know what episodes to skip) but I highly recommend watching the G8 filler. Simply because it fits in well with the story line and it's classic One Piece all the way through.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Watching Baccano at the moment, only four episodes in and loving it. Lot's of stuff going on so I've had to rewatch the first episode but I've finally got all the plot threads and character names clear in my head now. Can't wait to see where this all leads to!

GifLord

Welcome to N.H.K.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0857297/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Higashi No Eden
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1415054/?ref_=nv_sr_1

give these 2 a try

GifLord

Anyone still reading Naruto?

Gonna end soon I feel.
yup
kishimoto already confirmed it in december that this is probably gonna be the last arc
also some good news for Hunter X Hunter readers
after more than 2 years of break the manga is finally returning in June :D

Moby

Dick
yup
kishimoto already confirmed it in december that this is probably gonna be the last arc
also some good news for Hunter X Hunter readers
after more than 2 years of break the manga is finally returning in June :D
Feel sorry for Kakashi after the last chapter. :(

GifLord

1. ep of Tokyo Ghoul is out

The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.

GifLord

if you're into gore/horror
they rushed the first episode(covered like 5 chapters of the manga which is AMAZING btw and skipped some things :rolleyes:)

MajorTom

Watched Ghost in the Shell (film) the other night and loved it. Can anyone recommend anything along the same lines in terms of story, transhumanism or maybe even dystopia themes? Films would be better if possible.

GifLord

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Watched Ghost in the Shell (film) the other night and loved it. Can anyone recommend anything along the same lines in terms of story, transhumanism or maybe even dystopia themes? Films would be better if possible.
I've had that downloaded for about two years from when I first decided to try and get into anime (but then procrastinate from doing so for like a year), and still not watched it. It's supposed to be epic. I need to give it a go.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Steins; Gate
Darker Than Black
Attack on Titan
Cowboy Bebop
Akira
Vision Of Escaflowne
Eureka Seven
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan
Appleseed