- Jun 28, 2018
Damn, shame they are not just doing all the eps at once and finishing it. Hope we don’t have to wait to long to actually finish the bloody show.
Quick bit of math...
Which gives us an average of ~1.5 chapters per episode. Extrapolating that figure for the 16 episodes of Season 4 gives us a total of 115-120 chapters, which falls spectacularly short of the projected total of the manga (rumored to be in the 140-ish range).
- Total episodes till the end of Season 3: 59
- Manga chapters covering that portion: 90
All of that leaves us with a few options...
- The pace of Season 4 is going to be seriously out of whack, as Mappa Studio will have to cover ~3 chapters episode (double of what we got with Wit Studio).
- There's going to be a Part 2 for the ongoing season, maybe in 2022. Goes against the FINAL SEASON marketing pitch, though?
- They're going to release movie(s) to account for that 20-25 chapter deficit, seems eminently plausible given the historic success of Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen Train (which will no doubt have a monkey see, monkey do effect).