Television The Caf' Anime Thread

3KDré

I ain’t watching shit till it’s all out and I’ll binge watch in all in a day. No way I’m waiting each week, that’ll be a struggle.
I think I’ll do the same. The last season was some of the best tv/writing I have ever seen, I really hope it lives up to my own hype:lol:.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I ain’t watching shit till it’s all out and I’ll binge watch in all in a day. No way I’m waiting each week, that’ll be a struggle.
I think I’ll do the same. The last season was some of the best tv/writing I have ever seen, I really hope it lives up to my own hype:lol:.
Inclined to do the same...no sasageyo! for the time being, even though I've been chomping at the bit for quite a while. Watched the entirety of Season 3 over a weekend-ish, and Part 2 in particular was such a nerve-racking experience that I don't think I could handle the queasiness of waiting for a sequence like Perfect Game — Hero — Midnight Sun (or indeed what followed that). To You, 2000 Hours From Now: have fun watching Season 4, and and remember to say thank you.

roseguy64

Watched episode 1 of season 4 of AoT just now. Nice.

Watched all 10 episodes so far of Jujutsu Kaisen between Friday and Saturday.

Only watched episode 1 of Fire Force season 2. Gonna binge those during this week.

el3mel

I will wait till the full season of AOT is done before watching.

I have been watching this season so far :

A) Jujitsu Kaisen : decent but honestly so far has been just an above average Shounen. I don't like the power system as well, I feel it's poorly explained and executed.

B) Haikyuu season 4 : decent but had a lot of problems with bad animation and terrible pacing. Last 2 or so episodes improved a lot though.

C) Dragon quest : I watched the original as a kid so this just a pure nostalgia trip for me. I'm not expecting anything more.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
7th of December, the day has finally come. Attack on Titan season 4 will premier today and I for one am ecstatic that it has finally arrived. One of, if not my favourite anime of all time, brilliant characters, amazing story with so much to come hopefully. What are peoples thoughts?

In the famous words of the greatest commander the scouts have known, "Now, we launch our attack on the titans" :devil:
haven’t watched the first episode yet but I’ve read the manga and I am SO feckING EXCITED to see it animated. Honestly things just get so insane from here on out. It feels like the first 3 seasons/90 chapters were just a prologue haha

TrustInOle

haven’t watched the first episode yet but I’ve read the manga and I am SO feckING EXCITED to see it animated. Honestly things just get so insane from here on out. It feels like the first 3 seasons/90 chapters were just a prologue haha
Haha. First episode was not a let down. :D Was so surreal seeing AOT in this format but in AOT style, more questions have just flooded my mind. :D:lol:

Any watched yet? Kind of wished I followed suit and held out till the end before watching them. This week to week is going to kill me.

TrustInOle

Watched episode 1 of season 4 of AoT just now. Nice.

Watched all 10 episodes so far of Jujutsu Kaisen between Friday and Saturday.

Only watched episode 1 of Fire Force season 2. Gonna binge those during this week.
Did you catch what that kid Falco said when he got back into the bunker? Also, Jean at the end :drool:

roseguy64

Did you catch what that kid Falco said when he got back into the bunker? Also, Jean at the end :drool:
I did when I watched people reacting to the episode. Missed it the first time.

And woah. Didn't realise that was him.

TrustInOle

I did when I watched people reacting to the episode. Missed it the first time.

And woah. Didn't realise that was him.
some early foreshadowing there, wonder how many years Reiner has left at this point.

And I'm hoping it is now :lol: unless Connie grew his hair out, I can't remember anyone else with that greyish beard. Gonna be sooooooo crazy if they are already in Marley :houllier::lol:

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

el3mel

Haikyuu's fourth season is ending on a pretty strong note, even though I will rate the whole season about 7. Only one episode remaining.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Can't get over how good this page is, it feels as iconic as luffy standing up to the 3 admirals at Marineford.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Can't get over how good this page is, it feels as iconic as luffy standing up to the 3 admirals at Marineford.
Riveting stuff, you gotta love the 1000th. :drool:
Do wish Yamato was there though, standing up to her father alongside the Worst Generation 5, instead of hovering around Momo. I mean, from a broader storytelling perspective, she just has to be there, if only for cathartic reasons and the fact that she is shown to possess Ryou hardening (which is presumably what is needed to take out the Big 2 in a no-holes-barred brawl). Perhaps she is being saved for the finale, or some sort of twist or surprise intervention — or maybe this particular raid is going to crash and burn, and she will be at the forefront of a renewed attempt? Can't wait to see what Oda has in store, sure hope she isn't just relegated to being Momo's chaperone, even a skirmish vs. Orochi, if he's still alive, would be a bit of a letdown for someone with so much potential — as it stands she has to be a Yonko commander level combatant, and as strong as someone like Kid, if not more so, considering that she was on a somewhat even plane with Ace back in the day.

On a side note, that first panel gives me an intense hankering for...
And a fleshed out backstory centered around him, and specifically the God Valley incident — just the single teaser panel for him and Garp vs. Xebec, Newgate, Linlin, Shiki, Kaido was far from enough. Hope Oda or one of his assistant mangakas release mini-chronicles concerning Roger, Dragon, Shanks, Joy Boy, Garp, Mihawk in the future, like maybe when One Piece proper is done and dusted.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Riveting stuff, you gotta love the 1000th. :drool:
Do wish Yamato was there though, standing up to her father alongside the Worst Generation 5, instead of hovering around Momo. I mean, from a broader storytelling perspective, she just has to be there, if only for cathartic reasons and the fact that she is shown to possess Ryou hardening (which is presumably what is needed to take out the Big 2 in a no-holes-barred brawl). Perhaps she is being saved for the finale, or some sort of twist or surprise intervention — or maybe this particular raid is going to crash and burn, and she will be at the forefront of a renewed attempt? Can't wait to see what Oda has in store, sure hope she isn't just relegated to being Momo's chaperone, even a skirmish vs. Orochi, if he's still alive, would be a bit of a letdown for someone with so much potential — as it stands she has to be a Yonko commander level combatant, and as strong as someone like Kid, if not more so, considering that she was on a somewhat even plane with Ace back in the day.

On a side note, that first panel gives me an intense hankering for...
And a fleshed out backstory centered around him, and specifically the God Valley incident — just the single teaser panel for him and Garp vs. Xebec, Newgate, Linlin, Shiki, Kaido was far from enough. Hope Oda or one of his assistant mangakas release mini-chronicles concerning Roger, Dragon, Shanks, Joy Boy, Garp, Mihawk in the future, like maybe when One Piece proper is done and dusted.
There probably will be some mangas/light novels coming out about the world of OP after the manga ends, heck Ace's journey already got a light novel, as for the other part:
Yeah Yamato being there would've been nice but this will be a long fight with many twists probably, there's also Jack who'll probably come back at some point, and the question of who'll fight King and Queen now that Zoro is poised to face Kaido with the others, could Yamato be a part of that? The main thing here is this feels like such an uphill battle for the worst generation and the straw hats while at the same time there's 0 chance of them losing this battle, I wonder how Oda will pull this off without it feeling too unrealistic.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
as for the other part:
Yeah Yamato being there would've been nice but this will be a long fight with many twists probably, there's also Jack who'll probably come back at some point, and the question of who'll fight King and Queen now that Zoro is poised to face Kaido with the others, could Yamato be a part of that? The main thing here is this feels like such an uphill battle for the worst generation and the straw hats while at the same time there's 0 chance of them losing this battle, I wonder how Oda will pull this off without it feeling too unrealistic.
Yep, lots of chess-like moving parts in the raid so Oda can be quite flexible in terms of matchups, and easily swap multiple parties in and out of brief skirmishes. King and Jack are definite concerns, and need to be prioritized by the best-of-the-rest from the lower levels — at face value, and from a power-scaling perspective, a mini-alliance of Marco (the ability to fly is going to be crucial even in a slightly weakened state, but is he going to involve himself in an overt way?) + X-Drake (stepping up from the Tobi Roppo) + remnants of the Worst Generation or other allies should suffice by the finest of margins, but you never quite know how things will shake up, do you?

As regards Queen, I really-really hope that he faces Sanji (once he evades Black Maria that is). Like, the guy specifically mentions ‟Judge's son” and seems to be a master of mechanical modifications, so there's some sort of history there involving him, the Vinsmokes and possibly Vegapunk — and Sanji overcoming him would be a seminal/character-defining event, on top of crystallizing him as a bona fide Yonko commander level character in the post-Wano period.

And yeah, definitely feels like an uphill battle as the Yonko are portrayed as overwhelming forces of nature — completely different echelon vis-à-vis the likes of Katakuri/Doflamingo...and lest we forget, not too long ago, Luffy was one-shotted and Kid held captive. Our protagonists couldn't possibly have improved that much in a short period of time? Squeaky bum time, I suppose... :D

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Yep, lots of chess-like moving parts in the raid so Oda can be quite flexible in terms of matchups, and easily swap multiple parties in and out of brief skirmishes. King and Jack are definite concerns, and need to be prioritized by the best-of-the-rest from the lower levels — at face value, and from a power-scaling perspective, a mini-alliance of Marco (the ability to fly is going to be crucial even in a slightly weakened state, but is he going to involve himself in an overt way?) + X-Drake (stepping up from the Tobi Roppo) + remnants of the Worst Generation or other allies should suffice by the finest of margins, but you never quite know how things will shake up, do you?

As regards Queen, I really-really hope that he faces Sanji (once he evades Black Maria that is). Like, the guy specifically mentions ‟Judge's son” and seems to be a master of mechanical modifications, so there's some sort of history there involving him, the Vinsmokes and possibly Vegapunk — and Sanji overcoming him would be a seminal/character-defining event, on top of crystallizing him as a bona fide Yonko commander level character in the post-Wano period.

And yeah, definitely feels like an uphill battle as the Yonko are portrayed as overwhelming forces of nature — completely different echelon vis-à-vis the likes of Katakuri/Doflamingo...and lest we forget, not too long ago, Luffy was one-shotted and Kid held captive. Our protagonists couldn't possibly have improved that much in a short period of time? Squeaky bum time, I suppose... :D
I'm saying a lot of talks from the fandom about what Luffy's other dream that had Ace and Sabo laughing could be, I even read some theories about it being going into space or something and people saying Raftel is on the moon or some other shit :lol: and tbh I can totally see that happening :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Haha. First episode was not a let down. :D Was so surreal seeing AOT in this format but in AOT style, more questions have just flooded my mind. :D:lol:

Any watched yet? Kind of wished I followed suit and held out till the end before watching them. This week to week is going to kill me.
Attack on titan Sub Or Dub? Does it make a differencem

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I'm saying a lot of talks from the fandom about what Luffy's other dream that had Ace and Sabo laughing could be, I even read some theories about it being going into space or something and people saying Raftel is on the moon or some other shit :lol: and tbh I can totally see that happening :lol:
Sounds whacky but somewhat plausible, considering Oda is infinitely whimsical... :lol:

Reminds me of the Great Space Mission cover story as well.
Also, the Kozuki clan's crest is literally the moon and there are some hints about Vegapunk being on the moon (given the presence of the automatons).

And, there might be a Kaido/Blue-Dragon hint in one of the lunar drawings (prophesized by the ancient kingdom, perhaps?)

Attack on titan Sub Or Dub? Does it make a differencem
There's a very noticeable difference, though maybe I'm just conditioned to appreciate the original voice-acting and sound-mixing. The dub is reasonably good for what it's worth...like maybe 7/10, but still rather awkward, standoffish and rough around the edges — whereas the sub is extraordinary, one of the few shows where I wouldn't hesitate to hand out a perfect 10/10, especially considering the script doesn't deviate even one bit from the source material. Yūki Kaji (Eren), Daisuke Ono (Erwin), Yoshimasa Hosoya (Reiner) and Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa) were bloody brilliant from start to finish, and then there's Levi by Hiroshi Kamiya (also voiced iconic characters like Izaya and Trafalgar Law in Durarara and One Piece). The fact that the original voice-actors were fans of the manga and sound more emotionally invested makes it even better.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I saw a suggestion on Reddit that Luffy's dream could be to befriend everyone in the world, partly on the basis that the dream has to be something so outlandish that only a child could think of it. I do like this in theory, even if it is unachievable with the amount of psychopathic and unhinged characters in the universe. Then again, Mihawk did say Luffy has what he referred to as the greatest power of all, the power to make allies effortlessly, and I wonder if he personally related this to Roger. Anyhow, an unlikely notion or not it is a fun thought.

Another post I read on Reddit on the same day made a suggestion about the final treasure which I also really liked. They suggested that it would be an actual treasure trove in the classic sense, and it would be a collection of historically important artifacts, representing the lost history, culture, and arts of the old world. I liked this because I feel like it fuses well with the World Government's cultural cleansing that we were seeing in Ohara. It could be that as a reaction to the World Government's cleansing, the most important artifacts of the old world, including some from Ohara, were indeed gathered and stored away in the safest place in the world - the near-unreachable island of Laugh Tale.

However, as for why recovering said treasure would be necessary to become Pirate King I haven't given much thought to. Perhaps those treasures would merely be complimentary to the One Piece. And as for what prompted Roger's laughter upon seeing the One Piece I haven't a clue about as of yet.

Man I do love speculating about One Piece. And what a great 1000th chapter.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I saw a suggestion on Reddit that Luffy's dream could be to befriend everyone in the world, partly on the basis that the dream has to be something so outlandish that only a child could think of it. I do like this in theory, even if it is unachievable with the amount of psychopathic and unhinged characters in the universe. Then again, Mihawk did say Luffy has what he referred to as the greatest power of all, the power to make allies effortlessly, and I wonder if he personally related this to Roger. Anyhow, an unlikely notion or not it is a fun thought.

Another post I read on Reddit on the same day made a suggestion about the final treasure which I also really liked. They suggested that it would be an actual treasure trove in the classic sense, and it would be a collection of historically important artifacts, representing the lost history, culture, and arts of the old world. I liked this because I feel like it fuses well with the World Government's cultural cleansing that we were seeing in Ohara. It could be that as a reaction to the World Government's cleansing, the most important artifacts of the old world, including some from Ohara, were indeed gathered and stored away in the safest place in the world - the near-unreachable island of Laugh Tale.

However, as for why recovering said treasure would be necessary to become Pirate King I haven't given much thought to. Perhaps those treasures would merely be complimentary to the One Piece. And as for what prompted Roger's laughter upon seeing the One Piece I haven't a clue about as of yet.

Man I do love speculating about One Piece. And what a great 1000th chapter.
I don't really think the One Piece is what makes one the Pirate King, Roger was given the title because all the pirates loved and respected him probably, or maybe they feared him too, but yeah I don't think any single object or treasure can make you the Pirate King, as for the treasure itself, the explanation of everything in the OP world have to be on raftel, and probably the motivation for Luffy to fight the world government, but yeah it's hard to imagine what made roger laugh.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I'm going to take a break from anime until June to focus on self discovery, and self improvement.
I've just deleted my browser history of anime, so I only have the following to remember where to continue in June.
Hope you guys enjoyed your Christmas, and have a happy New Year.

Historical - Golden Kamuy (On episode 4)
Shounen - Jojo's bizarre adventure (On episode 7)
Music - Your Life in April (On episode 9)
Military - Kingdom (On episode 5), Saga of Tanya the Evil (On episode 4)
Parody - The Disastrous Life of Saiki (On episode 2)
Fantasy - Land of the Lustrous (On episode 8)
Samurai - Drifters (On episode 7)
Mystery - From the New World (On episode 4)
Slice of life - Hyouka (On episode 6)
Sport - Ping Pong the Animation (On episode 6)
Martial Arts - Katanagatari (on episode 8)
Action - lupin-the-third-the-woman-called-fujiko-mine (On episode 2)
Thriller - Gankutsuou (On episode 3)
Mecha - Kuromukuro (On episode 2)
Horror - Another (on episode 2)
Finance - Spice & Wolf (on episode 4)
Romance - Kaguya-sama: Love is War (On episode 3)
Pyschological - Ergo Proxy (on episode 2)
Adventure - michiko-hatchin (on episode 2)
Police - Death Note (on episode 5)
This was a post from December 2019. A year on, and I'd rank them as
Historical - Golden Kamuy - Chuunin
Shounen - Jojo's bizarre adventure - Jonin
Music - Your Life in April -- Hokage
Military - Kingdom*, Saga of Tanya the Evil*
Parody - The Disastrous Life of Saiki*
Fantasy - Land of the Lustrous - Hokage
Samurai - Drifters - Jonin
Mystery - From the New World*
Slice of life - Hyouka*
Sport - Ping Pong the Animation - Hokage
Martial Arts - Katanagatari - Jonin
Action - lupin-the-third-the-woman-called-fujiko-mine*
Thriller - Gankutsuou - Hokage
Mecha - Kuromukuro - Academy Student
Horror - Another - Academy Student
Finance - Spice & Wolf*
Romance - Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Jonin
Pyschological - Ergo Proxy*
Adventure - michiko-hatchin*
Police - Death Note - Hokage (finished a week ago)
*Haven't finished yet.

I ended up trying anime outside my intended anime rotation
Unique character style where the humans look amphibian. A meek protagonist with a troublesome personality. Lacks the charisma and confidence of what one might typically associate with a samurai. Interesting contrast with his partner in crime who appears carefree, but clearly there's more to him than meets the eye. Naturally, a samurai has connotations of 'honour' so working with a kidnapper leads to inner conflict. Moral ambiguity is central to the plot. As a result, anybody expecting epic swordfights one might expect from say an Afro Samurai is bound to be disappointed. There's very little action in that regard, as it plays with the tropes of the samurai genre.

Rank - Chuunin (currently, haven't finished watching)

Basically a woman in her adolescence was ditched by her mother. Aggrieved by these circumstances, she endeavours to find her mother and make her life as painful as the grief she felt from the loss. Mother had remarried in Rome, and daughter finds her in this posh Italian restaurant where all the chefs are old men wearing glasses. Protagonist is infatuated by the environment of Rome, and quickly turns her attention to the men. Frankly, I don't care about her romantic interests, but its through her feelings that you see the depth of their characters. The music is so soothing. Slow pacing gives it a relaxed feeling. I recommend watching it with champagne.

Rank - Genin

Very wholesome. Likeable characters. After almost every episode I was in a better mood. A great anime to start your day. Very inspiring too, had a galvanising influence on me to pursue a particular ambitious goal (Spartan Death Race) of mine. Picked it up after coming across a YT video where somebody was claiming it made them cry, and completely made them rethink the way they viewed the world. That was about 1 minute in, and I immediately closed the video and added it to my anime rotation.

Rank - Hokage

Mystery in the ilk of a locked room murder. Substantial dialogue, most of which expository. My favourite part of the show was the philosophical nature which was predominantly derived from how a character named Dr Magata views the world. She's one of three leading characters, and rather eccentric. Pacing is quite slow. Characters can be off putting by many, as they aren't exactly likeable/relatable. Take the leading male character whose reclusive, but not in the endearing way. Moreover, he has a cynical outlook on life. Found some of the reactions unrealistic. Without saying too much, let's just say that on more than one occasion, where you might suspect a character to be petrified, they behave in a way which relatively normalizes ...

Rank - Genin

10 episodes in .. 13 more to go. Well written thus far. Rewind 15 months ago, and I never would've imagined I'd watch a horror anime, never mind enjoy it to the extent I have with this series.

Rank - Jonin (potentially hokage, by the time I finish it. )

Love the visuals. I expected nothing less considering what was accomplished with Ping Pong the Animation. I felt episode 2 was a unique take on exploring sexuality. If you wasn't convinced by the first episode, I'd recommend watching the second episode before abandoning the series. The show in general is thought inducing I'd say.
Rank - Chuunin

Watched about three episodes, and didn't find them particularly enjoyable. The main plot is predicated on the family's response to a certain event which takes place. Given that event hasn't taken place yet, I'll refrain from abandoning the series completely.

Exceptional anime. Mind you, only 20 episodes in, but I've really enjoyed the writing thus far. Love the music ... the dynamic between the brothers is especially relatable, as I have siblings of my own. Both an older, and younger brother, and can relate to both characters in the series. Each episode gets a laugh out of me which isn't easy. I'm grateful there's no space terminology thrown about which assumes the audience have an extensive knowledge of space.
Rank - Hokage

Masterpiece. Can't believe this anime aired in 1999 and I only heard about it early December. Anime deals with some very deep issues. I've deliberately undersold it here, watch and you won't regret it. If your rolling your eyes with the first episode, just remember that the second episode will completely change your stance.
Rank - Hokage

Phenomenal. Comfortably one of the most enjoyable anime I've experienced. I might maker a longer post once I've completed it. Plenty of literary allusion to Shakespeare's The Tempest, as well as Hamlet.

Rank - Hokage

Rasendori's anime of the Year

Honourable mention to Tower of God. My experience was no doubt amplified being familiar with the webtoon. Another noteworthy contender being Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2. Although, I believe season one was better. Previously, I stated Jujutsu Kaisen would be a frontrunner, but I think I was way too hyped for it. Dropped it after five episodes, and would give it the award for biggest disappointment. One day, I'll get round to finishing it. Probably not this year.

Akudama Drive is fairly decent. Stunning visuals, and clearly not an anime meant to be taken too seriously. That much is clear from the appearance of the boss. When you appreciate it for what it is ... action fuelled carnage its enjoyable.

Great Pretender

I watched the series in the dubbed format. 4 minutes in, I had to pause the video, and try a different website. Same issue. In the beginning, they're speaking Japanese, and there's no subtitles to be seen. When I skipped 15 mins and they were speaking English, it became apparent that this was by design. When foreign people speak you'll be as clueless as the protagonist, i.e when some people are situated in France and you share that feeling of confusion. Although I watch the series dubbed, I'd actually recommend you watch the subbed version. There's a running joke in the series that the Engilsh of the protagonist is suspect. There's a few characters that make reference to his um distinctive English. Having watched the dubbed version, I find his English fine.

Reactions: Invictus

Yagami

Good post resistant
I just got an add for "Gousto" and the background music was from Dragon Ball Z! From the Japanese score, that is. Safe to say I marked out :lol:

Anyone else seen the add?

lawliet354

One Piece ch.1000 just came out, really crazy to think that I've been reading it since I was in high school and now I'm in my late 20's and it's still continuing probably till my mid 30's :lol:

el3mel

Is Beasters second season gonna start airing tomorrow ? Got the notification on MAL, never knew about that really ?

el3mel

Second season of Promising Neverland is also starting to air today? I really didn't know either. Was I living under a rock? :lol:

OleBoiii

Ever since I got through the "novelty phase" in high school, I generally don't like anime series(love certain movies though).

Having said that: Haikyuu has surprised me! The soundtrack and the voice acting is about as good as it gets. The characters are great and I think anyone who's played team sports can relate to at least one of them. The best thing is probably how they pay attention to the little things, without going completely over the top.

You still have the occasional cringy anime humor, weak female characters and typical shonen elements, but all of those are easy to look past in this particular case. I also think it's a good anime for people who generally don't like anime.

el3mel

Really liked the first episode of Beastars and Promising Neverland. Both are off to a great start.

Currently I'm following Jujutsu Kaisen, Dragon Quest, and now these two.

I found that AoT season have reached 4th episode so now might be a good time to jump in and start watching.

James_42

Latest episode of AoT was absolutely incredible, I can't believe it is getting better and better.

AaronRedDevil

How many episodes is the last season of AOT sopposed to have. Want to wait till it's all out and watch it all at once.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
How many episodes is the last season of AOT sopposed to have. Want to wait till it's all out and watch it all at once.

Quick bit of math...
  • Total episodes till the end of Season 3: 59
  • Manga chapters covering that portion: 90
Which gives us an average of ~1.5 chapters per episode. Extrapolating that figure for the 16 episodes of Season 4 gives us a total of 115-120 chapters, which falls spectacularly short of the projected total of the manga (rumored to be in the 140-ish range).

All of that leaves us with a few options...
  1. The pace of Season 4 is going to be seriously out of whack, as Mappa Studio will have to cover ~3 chapters episode (double of what we got with Wit Studio).
  2. There's going to be a Part 2 for the ongoing season, maybe in 2022. Goes against the FINAL SEASON marketing pitch, though?
  3. They're going to release movie(s) to account for that 20-25 chapter deficit, seems eminently plausible given the historic success of Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen Train (which will no doubt have a monkey see, monkey do effect).

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool

Quick bit of math...
Which gives us an average of ~1.5 chapters per episode. Extrapolating that figure for the 16 episodes of Season 4 gives us a total of 115-120 chapters, which falls spectacularly short of the projected total of the manga (rumored to be in the 140-ish range).

1. The pace of Season 4 is going to be seriously out of whack, as Mappa Studio will have to cover ~3 chapters episode (double of what we got with Wit Studio).
  2. There's going to be a Part 2 for the ongoing season, maybe in 2022. Goes against the FINAL SEASON marketing pitch, though?
  3. They're going to release movie(s) to account for that 20-25 chapter deficit, seems eminently plausible given the historic success of Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen Train (which will no doubt have a monkey see, monkey do effect).
I reckon it’ll be 16 episodes which will cover up to chapter 123 and then a movie which will cover the remaining 16 chapters (was recently confirmed the manga will end in April with chapter 139).

AaronRedDevil

Quick bit of math...

Damn, shame they are not just doing all the eps at once and finishing it. Hope we don’t have to wait to long to actually finish the bloody show.