Television The Caf' Anime Thread

el3mel

Couldn't have said it better myself, the rumbling arc is underwhelming but the last chapter is just next level bad

That particular page where Armin thanks Eren for becoming mass murderer makes me want to vomit :rolleyes:. Honestly Mikasa, Armin, and Eren must be one of the worst MC trio of all time, every single characters other than them are way more interesting and more likeable
The dialogue was really bad the whole chapter. Almost everyone was talking out of character and felt like a parody of themselves. Reiner saying "Eren.. What a man you are!" and acting at the end like a creepy around a married woman (Historia)? Way to ruin his character. Eren falling to the ground crying like a baby because he doesn't want Mikasa with anyone else bar him. When didn Eren and Mikasa become a romantic pairing exactly? Their romantic feeling seems like it appeared out of nowhere during their first visit to Marley. Before that I never, ever got an indication that they both share romantic feeling. Mikasa's love for Eren always appeared like a love shown by a sister towards her brother rather than towards her lover, and Eren always seemed to treat her as the big, overprotective annoying sister, but suddenly they now loved each other romantically and he was annoyed she family zoned him out of her shyness? Cringe.

The whole situation makes Eren look like a brat who just grew up to be a teenager and the surge of puberty hormones made him want some love so badly so just went for the nearest girl he can get and when she answered wrongly he went on a rampage. It was all the hormones.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Very perplexed by AOT "the greatest anime season ever", thought it was trash myself.

Meanwhile the goat anime be shining.

Today's chapter was whew as well.

lawliet354

Very perplexed by AOT "the greatest anime season ever", thought it was trash myself.

Meanwhile the goat anime be shining.

Today's chapter was whew as well.
Man the latest chapter is just insane, feels like every chapter since 1000 is 11/10.

So coating your body with Conqueror Haki must be the secret of how someone without df like Shanks can be as strong as other Yonkou, right?

Jagga7

I absolutely loved AOT, I didn't mind the ending, it's an impossible task to please everyone.

I grew up with this series and to see it finally end is incredibly sad. A masterpiece of a show.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Caught up on the comic. Not as outraged as some but felt it all wrapped up a bit too nicely.

Eren is a genocidal cnut. Treat him as such. Also, why is he so jealous of Mikasa moving on? He's the one who ignored all her desperate signs.

Levi's ending with the old squad mates was the best bit.

Hange didn't make it, that's the only death I was really sad about.

el3mel

86 and To Your Eternity have been a great watch this season so far. Highly recommended. I have been also following the remake of Shaman King but so far it has been mixed bag.

On the other hand I have watched 6 episodes in Bunny Girl Senpai, good watch, but I feel there's a step down in quality after episode 3, the next 3 episodes weren't as good. I will try to finish the other 7 episodes later. It's definitely a good show, though I won't say great so far to be honest.

el3mel

Caught up on the comic. Not as outraged as some but felt it all wrapped up a bit too nicely.

Eren is a genocidal cnut. Treat him as such. Also, why is he so jealous of Mikasa moving on? He's the one who ignored all her desperate signs.

Levi's ending with the old squad mates was the best bit.

Hange didn't make it, that's the only death I was really sad about.
I thought about the ending sometime later and re read some previous chapters and I just found it to not make any kind of sense even more. Ymir in 121 was willing to obey Zeke's order and remove reproduction ability from all Eldians. She only stopped because Eren stopped her from doing that by telling her she's neither God nor slave but she's free to do what she wants. The entire scene sends vibes that Ymir was still a slave through and through and would blindly obey Zeke's order regardless but Eren was the first one who gave her a chance to do as she wishes and follows what and whom she wants instead of blindly following orders, so she grew a liking to Eren and decided to follow him, and ignored Zeke who was still treating her as a slave. When Eren told her she was waiting for someone these 2000 years in this scene it strongly looked like she just waited for someone to free her from her slavery chains and lets her do what she wants, and this one is Eren. This particularly fits the freedom theme of the story very well.

To discover in the last chapter that this was all a masterplan from her because she loved the king who raped and tortured her and she was struggling to move on from the agony of love, so the person she was actually waiting for wasn't Eren, but was Mikasa and waited for her to kill Eren for Ymir herself to move on doesn't make sense. It ruins chapter 121 scene. When did this plan jump into her mind? After Eren hugged her? So this was all it, a 2000 years old who just wanted to get past a toxic relationship so she approved genocide to only reach this moment ? Really, Isayama? You couldn't have thought of a better goal?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

So coating your body with Conqueror Haki must be the secret of how someone without df like Shanks can be as strong as other Yonkou, right?

From what we have seen, the likes of Roger and Garp (who were both in the uppermost bracket in terms of sheer fortitude), Rayleigh, Oden and Mihawk didn't/don't possess Devil Fruits either, and they are supposed to be the most powerful canonical characters with Xebec, Whitebeard, Akainu, younger Sengoku, Kaido, Linlin, Teach, Kuzan, Aokiji and Luffy (excluding Joy Boy, Imu-sama, Dragon and younger Kong as they are practically feat-less and we know next to nothing about their strength). I would like to imagine that Roger and Rayleigh were the gods of Haki, and Shanks learned the fundamentals of all kinds of advanced techniques + swordsmanship from them (hence why he could duel with Mihawk); and a discussion could be had concerning Zoro, too — he should really be one of the most formidable entities in the One Piece universe by the end of the series (given his dream of overtaking Mihawk as the Strongest Swordsman in the World), without having any sort of Devil Fruit powers. Oh, the Red Hair Pirates' ability to frequently be in the right places at the right time is bleeding suspicious as well; perhaps Shanks (and possibly others like Beckman and Roux) can momentarily boost their speed stats to the absolute limit (like a form of teleportation) or camouflage themselves before suddenly appearing out of thin air...and that is somehow related to advanced Haki (like at Foosha Village, Marineford and Mary Geoise)? Considering how abstract the nature of Haki is, the possibilities and permutations are, quite simply, limitless — and the vast majority of piddly-ass Devil Fruits might even be redundant for the crème de la crème of Haki users! :lol:

AaronRedDevil

Finally got around to binge watching AOT. Holy hell where to even start.
What a season. Levi is just too fecking dangerous no matter what you throw at him, he even survives order 66 because of course he did. Zeke is a genius with that plan of his in the woods. The fight against the Warhammer Titan and the whole Payback was insane. Didn’t care much really for the story of the other side because there’s just no way I’ll feel Sympathy for them. I want them all to die a horrible death and it was satisfying seeing it happen to them. Mikasa still a badass as always. Few things I disliked. Sasha!! :(. It was interesting seeing female Eren (Gabi) POV. Even though she got a bit annoying after the jail escape as she’s been brainwashed into thinking they were pure evil. Don’t really like Erens turn, it’s like watching fecking Anakin turn evil all over again.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
You love to see it; two-thirds of the “coward trio” have done quite well in Wano!

• Sanji and Zoro reunited... :drool:
  • Might Yamato aid and rescue Luffy à la Jinbe at Marineford, and would that sequence of events solidify her candidacy as a Straw Hat?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
You love to see it; two-thirds of the “coward trio” have done quite well in Wano!

• Sanji and Zoro reunited... :drool:
  • Might Yamato aid and rescue Luffy à la Jinbe at Marineford, and would those presumable sequence of events cement her candidacy as a Straw Hat?
I would not be happy with a rescue of Luffy now. Helping him win, sure, but I would very much dislike if the raid ends in failure at this point.
Loved Nami reacting to Tama being hit. Not overly impressed with Usopp going backwards. Kind of expected him to not cower so much at this point.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I would not be happy with a rescue of Luffy now. Helping him win, sure, but I would very much dislike if the raid ends in failure at this point.

Fair; and for what it's worth, Luffy eclipsing Kaido in a battle-to-death type slogfest during this raid would be the most epic thing to happen in One Piece!

But at the same time, why would we be unhappy with a short-term loss at this moment in time? The Straw Hats as a whole have faced bare minimum adversity in the den of a freakin' Yonko (which seems kinda boring as the stakes haven't been raised to the extreme); up until now, Luffy hasn't even conclusively defeated a First Commander level combatant (as Katakuri decided not to go all out when he could have), and there's a massive gulf between a 1,057,000,000 vs. 4,611,100,000 rated threat from a power-scaling standpoint (especially when the latter has been billed as the Strongest Pirate In the World in the post-Whitebeard landscape).

If anything, Luffy being defeated and then rescued by Yamato after putting up a noble fight would be delightfully realistic and a huge sign of improvement as he got one-shotted by a fairly casual Thunder Bagua just a short while ago! :lol: Like, he lost twice to Crocodile in Alabasta...before finally figuring him out; so there's a precedent of him going several times after a formidable opponent (Warlord then and Yonko now)...and Luffy's opponents won't get more formidable than Kaido, save maybe Imu and Blackbeard towards the end of the manga.

I mean, I get the appeal after the hype created by Chapter 1000, but based on what we know, Kaido is in his prime and the most overwhelmingly dominant pirate to ever exist after Roger, Whitebeard and Xebec. Him falling to a 19 year old prat who has been in the New World for a couple of months in only the latter's second attempt would be bang out of order and quite counter-intuitive within the context of a delicately balanced universe like One Piece (where leading characters usually don't power-up their way to glory in typical DBZ-inspired shōnen style).

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

Fair; and for what it's worth, Luffy eclipsing Kaido in a battle-to-death type slogfest during this raid would be the most epic thing to happen in One Piece!

But at the same time, why would we be unhappy with a short-term loss at this moment in time? The Straw Hats as a whole have faced bare minimum adversity in the den of a freakin' Yonko (which seems kinda boring as the stakes haven't been raised to the extreme); up until now, Luffy hasn't even conclusively defeated a First Commander level combatant (as Katakuri decided not to go all out when he could have), and there's a massive gulf between a 1,057,000,000 vs. 4,611,100,000 rated threat from a power-scaling standpoint (especially when the latter has been billed as the Strongest Pirate In the World in the post-Whitebeard landscape).

If anything, Luffy being defeated and then rescued by Yamato after putting up a noble fight would be delightfully realistic and a huge sign of improvement as he got one-shotted by a fairly casual Thunder Bagua just a short while ago! :lol: Like, he lost twice to Crocodile in Alabasta...before finally figuring him out; so there's a precedent of him going several times after a formidable opponent (Warlord then and Yonko now)...and Luffy's opponents won't get more formidable than Kaido, save maybe Imu and Blackbeard towards the end of the manga.

I mean, I get the appeal after the hype created by Chapter 1000, but based on what we know, Kaido is in his prime and the most overwhelmingly dominant pirate to ever exist after Roger, Whitebeard and Xebec. Him falling to a 19 year old prat who has been in the New World for a couple of months in only the latter's second attempt would be bang out of order and quite counter-intuitive within the context of a delicately balanced universe like One Piece (where leading characters usually don't power-up their way to glory in typical DBZ-inspired shōnen style).
Oh I think they should suffer some consequences, but I think all the story buildup would be let down if the raid fails. We've been at the raid for since 977 or 976, somewhere around there, so since april 2020.
The whole of wano before that was also buildup for the raid.
I'm not saying I need them to beat Kaido then and there, but personally I would feel let down by all the time invested if it became a failed raid and a long time withdrawal was on the cards. They could just beat out most of the beast pirates and then have the final fight with Kaido after they get to the flower capital. A big consequence of not winning fast enough could be Onigashima destroying the capital when it lands, or for the fight to then involve the citizen because they couldn't finish it before they got there.

Mind you when I say failed, I mean utter defeat. No major casualties on the side of the Yonko and for there to be an even bigger uphill battle to climb for the raid party in a future fight. As things are now Kiku lost her arm and if this wasn't shonen then we'd say Ashura is dead or at least reduced enough to the point where he wouldn't be fighting at any large capacity later on.

I doubt we'll get anymore large training arcs for Luffy, at the very least not in Wano. The thing that made Kaido and Big Mom untouchable as far as we know were coating in kings haki, if we can agree on that then a failed raid without a large training arc would still not be enough to change the point of the bolded part. It would just drag it out a bit further.
I don't really disagree with your points as I too think the bolded is a good point, we just weigh them a bit different.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

:lol:

How is Castlevania?
Castlevania left a lot to be desired in my experience (ponderous in Season one and turbulent in Season three, somewhat cringe voice acting, a bit too reliant on unsatisfying exposition from a storytelling standpoint, and didn't develop non-leading characters to the fullest) but a principally strong and enjoyable watch for the most part, and I'm typically not even the biggest fan of anime-style Western shows. Take it for what it is — an improvement on previous video game adaptations like Devil May Cry: The Animated Series (rather than something that deconstructs and redefines the Vampire fantasy subgenre), and you won't be disappointed. ★★★¼ , all things considered.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation

:lol:

Castlevania left a lot to be desired in my experience (ponderous in Season one and turbulent in Season three, somewhat cringe voice acting, a bit too reliant on unsatisfying exposition from a storytelling standpoint, and didn't develop non-leading characters to the fullest) but a principally strong and enjoyable watch for the most part, and I'm typically not even the biggest fan of anime-style Western shows. Take it for what it is — an improvement on previous video game adaptations like Devil May Cry: The Animated Series (rather than something that deconstructs and redefines the Vampire fantasy subgenre), and you won't be disappointed. ★★★¼ , all things considered.
I love Kaido's disappointment. Two fecking weeks until the next chapter though, damn it.

Any predictions on what's to come?

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I love Kaido's disappointment. Two fecking weeks until the next chapter though, damn it.

Any predictions on what's to come?

Most of all, I hope Luffy doesn't come anywhere close to Kaido in terms of might by end of the Wano Kuni saga, and maxes out as a 2.5—3 billion berry pirate (combination of strength + notoriety) even after Kaido is defeated. And the key to overcoming the latter lies in a renewed/final collective effort (rather than a re-run of the recent one-on-one skirmish which was predicated on individualistic bravado), as that would shine the light on Luffy's capacity to lean on his nakamas through the rough spots in opposition to Kaido's self-absorbed and hyperbolically arrogant principles (“It's not some sort of special power, but he has the ability to make allies of everyone he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas” — Mihawk in Marineford). That way, Luffy's progression would be realistic and Wano would only be a stepping stone in the dazzling New World...and there'll be a lot of room for growth and inherent tension left over the coming arcs, as Luffy would still be outclassed by the remaining Yonkos and have his back against the wall all the way through. In my head-canon, he just about reaches Yonko level in Elbaf (presumably after awakening his fruit and unlocking another gear or two and fine-tuning his haki in Wano + Elbaf, and finally meeting Shanks?), middle-tier Yonko level who is out-matched by peaking Blackbeard (who has all the hax in the world with multiple devil fruits + absorption) but pulls through with sheer force of will and maxed out haki, and equal to (very slightly above Roger when all is said and done) King-of-the-Pirate level for the finale (when he will probably face off against Imu and the entirety of the World Government in alliance with countless pirates and the Revolutionary Army with Dragon and Sabo).

Secondly, I wish we divert from Luffy and he remains knocked out for a while after being rescued by Yamato (or maybe Momo if Oda wants to make this a character building moment for the wee lad with the flying/stepping dragon gimmick and voice of all things); and we get a full-fledged Kaido flashback (which could be potentially great from a narrative perspective as you could briefly segue into the Rocks Pirates to explore not just him but Xebec, young Whitebeard, young Big Mom...and parallel apprentice Kaido (who must have been bullied by some of the ruffian powerhouses in that crew) defeating a great many pirates/koi-fish on his way to the top to evolve into a literal Dragon with Luffy getting the best of Kreig, Arlong, Lucci, Doflamingo, Katakuri to set up the finale of Wano Act 3).
The Chinese legend tells of a large school of fish—shining like polished jewels—that made the long and difficult journey upstream against the current of the mighty Yellow River. When they reached an imposing waterfall many of them resigned to simply return to the flow and went back the way they came. Some of the fish, however, were unfazed and attempted to leap up the cascading water to make it to the top.

One version of the legend says that some of the local deities, or demons, were drawn to the splashing. Seeing the determined efforts of the koi fish, and out of spite, cruelly made the waterfall even higher. It didn’t have the desired effect, though—and unperturbed—the koi redoubled their efforts to get to the top.

For 100 years the koi toiled against the odds, until finally a single koi crested the top of the waterfall to make it into the river above. The gods who witnessed this colossal achievement rewarded the courageous fish for its perseverance by transforming the koi into a golden dragon. This dragon fish now traverses the skies above the river, constantly seeking pearls of wisdom.

As a result, the waterfall became known as the Dragon Gate and any koi that summons the strength, courage and determination to swim against the tide and through the gates is bestowed the same honor as the original fish that overcame adversity.
https://nextdaykoi.com/koi-fish-facts/the-legend-of-the-koi-fish/

Even though Luffy is our main/favorite character and justifiably needs to hog all the attention, a Kaido vs. Yamato match-up that lasts for a few chapters would be extremely fulfilling as it we could scrutinize the personal/paternalistic side of Kaido's personality/story, force him to confront the flaws in his forceful upbringing of her (maybe he was just perpetuating the abuse he suffered in his own childhood, and particularly in the Rocks Pirates...seeing as he doesn't hold his own captain Xebec in great regard and deems Roger or Whitebeard (who could have been a big-bro/protector type for young Kaido aboard Xebec's ship, come to think of it) to be the pinnacle of piratedom), and just scratch a different itch, so to speak, while establishing Yamato's strength and developing her a bit more (considering she is a one-note caricature right now and desperately needs to break free of her Oden obsession).

And as a closing note, I really, really hope Yamato is crucially involved in Luffy's third (final?) fight with Kaido and lays her life on the line to earn her stripes as a Straw Hat. Then the crew will be close to completion from top to bottom (while having the Grand Fleet to rely upon) and possess all the ingredients to approximate/surpass the core of the Roger Pirates and develop into the “Strongest/Greatest of All Time” by the end of the manga (and we will also finally have a female character that can go toe-toe-toe with the erstwhile Monster Trio)...
  • Monkey D. Luffy ~ Gol D. Roger
  • Roronoa Zoro ~ Silvers Rayleigh (slightly > Dracule Mihawk)
  • Vinsmoke Sanji ~ Scopper Gaban
  • Yamato Kaidosdóttir ~ Kozuki Oden
  • Jinbe, Robin, Nami, Franky and co. to match the rest (most prominently Crocus, Inuarashi, Nekomamushi).

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation

Most of all, I hope Luffy doesn't come anywhere close to Kaido in terms of might by end of the Wano Kuni saga, and maxes out as a 2.5—3 billion berry pirate (combination of strength + notoriety) even after Kaido is defeated. And the key to overcoming the latter lies in a renewed/final collective effort (rather than a re-run of the recent one-on-one skirmish which was predicated on individualistic bravado), as that would shine the light on Luffy's capacity to lean on his nakamas through the rough spots in opposition to Kaido's self-absorbed and hyperbolically arrogant principles (“It's not some sort of special power, but he has the ability to make allies of everyone he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas” — Mihawk in Marineford). That way, Luffy's progression would be realistic and Wano would only be a stepping stone in the dazzling New World...and there'll be a lot of room for growth and inherent tension left over the coming arcs, as Luffy would still be outclassed by the remaining Yonkos and have his back against the wall all the way through. In my head-canon, he just about reaches Yonko level in Elbaf (presumably after awakening his fruit and unlocking another gear or two and fine-tuning his haki in Wano + Elbaf, and finally meeting Shanks?), middle-tier Yonko level who is out-matched by peaking Blackbeard (who has all the hax in the world with multiple devil fruits + absorption) but pulls through with sheer force of will and maxed out haki, and equal to (very slightly above Roger when all is said and done) King-of-the-Pirate level for the finale (when he will probably face off against Imu and the entirety of the World Government in alliance with countless pirates and the Revolutionary Army with Dragon and Sabo).

Secondly, I wish we divert from Luffy and he remains knocked out for a while after being rescued by Yamato (or maybe Momo if Oda wants to make this a character building moment for the wee lad with the flying/stepping dragon gimmick and voice of all things); and we get a full-fledged Kaido flashback (which could be potentially great from a narrative perspective as you could briefly segue into the Rocks Pirates to explore not just him but Xebec, young Whitebeard, young Big Mom...and parallel apprentice Kaido (who must have been bullied by some of the ruffian powerhouses in that crew) defeating a great many pirates/koi-fish on his way to the top to evolve into a literal Dragon with Luffy getting the best of Kreig, Arlong, Lucci, Doflamingo, Katakuri to set up the finale of Wano Act 3).

https://nextdaykoi.com/koi-fish-facts/the-legend-of-the-koi-fish/

Even though Luffy is our main/favorite character and justifiably needs to hog all the attention, a Kaido vs. Yamato match-up that lasts for a few chapters would be extremely fulfilling as it we could scrutinize the personal/paternalistic side of Kaido's personality/story, force him to confront the flaws in his forceful upbringing of her (maybe he was just perpetuating the abuse he suffered in his own childhood, and particularly in the Rocks Pirates...seeing as he doesn't hold his own captain Xebec in great regard and deems Roger or Whitebeard (who could have been a big-bro/protector type for young Kaido aboard Xebec's ship, come to think of it) to be the pinnacle of piratedom), and just scratch a different itch, so to speak, while establishing Yamato's strength and developing her a bit more (considering she is a one-note caricature right now and desperately needs to break free of her Oden obsession).

And as a closing note, I really, really hope Yamato is crucially involved in Luffy's third (final?) fight with Kaido and lays her life on the line to earn her stripes as a Straw Hat. Then the crew will be close to completion from top to bottom (while having the Grand Fleet to rely upon) and possess all the ingredients to approximate/surpass the core of the Roger Pirates and develop into the “Strongest/Greatest of All Time” by the end of the manga (and we will also finally have a female character that can go toe-toe-toe with the erstwhile Monster Trio)...
  • Monkey D. Luffy ~ Gol D. Roger
  • Roronoa Zoro ~ Silvers Rayleigh (slightly > Dracule Mihawk)
  • Vinsmoke Sanji ~ Scopper Gaban
  • Yamato Kaidosdóttir ~ Kozuki Oden
  • Jinbe, Robin, Nami, Franky and co. to match the rest (most prominently Crocus, Inuarashi, Nekomamushi).
Thanks for this reply by the way, I enjoyed reading it. If I can find the time I'll reply at some point.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
RIP Miura. Wonder what's gonna gonna happen to Berserk, in a way it has kinda felt "finished" for years.
Noooo, was expecting some gratifying news or memes when I saw Berserk trending on Twitter — not freaking this! While Kentaro passing away at just 55 with stress-related issues and missing the conclusion of his magnum opus is profoundly saddening, you have to optimistically hope that he left extensive notes and rough storyboards for his assistants at Studio Wagaga and the rest of it gets a proper ‟Wheel of Time treatment“ (by them or other passionate and similarly perfectionistic mangaka who take it upon themselves to give it the final flourish it desperately deserves).

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Praise be Oda, #11 {unless we count Vivi, Thousand Sunny, Going Merry and Karoo as temporary/honorary/symbolic crew mates) is all but confirmed?

Come to think of it, Yamato has been aware of Luffy's existence for approximately 4 years (i.e. almost twice as long as any current Straw Hat as Luffy met Zoro all of 2½ years ago); with that in mind (and considering that she's been champing at the bit to set sell ever since that tête-à-tête with Ace in Onigashima), her prospective addition to the Straw Hats (and allegiance to Luffy) would have a pretty concrete basis.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation

Praise be Oda, #11 {unless we count Vivi, Thousand Sunny, Going Merry and Karoo as temporary/honorary/symbolic crew mates) is all but confirmed?

Come to think of it, Yamato has been aware of Luffy's existence for approximately 4 years (i.e. almost twice as long as any current Straw Hat as Luffy met Zoro all of 2½ years ago); with that in mind (and considering that she's been champing at the bit to set sell ever since that tête-à-tête with Ace in Onigashima), her prospective addition to the Straw Hats (and allegiance to Luffy) would have a pretty concrete basis.
Wouldn't be surprised if Yamato dies.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Wouldn't be surprised if Yamato dies.
Oh, that is always a possibility; however...
Given that Yamato made her debut just ~40 chapters ago and has barely interacted with the Straw Hats apart from Luffy, her death would serve no greater purpose than the mangaka employing it as a crude plot device (à la Pedro), as the majority of readers aren't very attached to the character just yet and the supposed tragedy wouldn't raise the emotional stakes of the battle by a considerable degree for the most relevant parties (vis-à-vis Kaido killing someone like Law, who is much more entrenched in our minds and has ties with both the Straw Hats and the Kidd Pirates).

For all of Oda's genius as a world-builder and story-teller, he's had some almighty struggles with the portrayal of female characters and even after 1000+ chapters well-conceived ones are few and far between in the One Piece universe (Bell-mère, Vivi, Robin, Nami, Olvia), and female pirates in particular are pretty much non-existent in the upper echelons (aside from Big Mom...who haphazardly veers intocaricature territory, Boa Hancock...non-factor for most of the new world, and Smoothie...still a blank slate and not a patch on Katakuri) so getting rid of someone as full of promise as Yamato before we've had the chance to fully explore her would be a near-complete waste, to be quite honest; really hope Oda resists the temptation.

If she must compulsorily perish, Straw Hat Pirates vs. Blackbeard Pirates would be a much better occasion as she would be infinitely more fleshed out by then...and her passing away would reeeally piss people off considering she would be a nakama (not some half-baked random), especially when it would compound the treachery of Blackbeard vs. Ace and Whitebeard.

el3mel

I have been reading the Promised Neverland manga recently to check the differences between it and the disastrous second season. Finished chapter 100 today, so far so good, I enjoyed reading the Goldy Pond arc. Though almost everyone seems to agree it goes down hill from there so let's see.

el3mel

It's decent. The last season was particularly weak.

Check out Jujitsu Kaisen. Great Manga and solid adaptation.
I didn't find Jujitsu Kaisen anime as entertaining as others seem to be totally honest. Honestly found it quite decent but that's about it. I also have a big problem with the fights, the animations are top notch, but I really found the fight in the anime to lack any tension or sense of danger in them, almost as if it's there for the characters to show off their new powers rather than being a life or death situation, unlike animes like Attack on Titan or even Demon Slayer in which I feel any character can actually die, I didn't get this feeling with JJK, so it was just flashy, great animations but not interesting fights. Story presented in the first season also seems to be a bit of incoherent mess that keeps on randomly jumping and not dealing with the actual main plot theme.

However I heard a lot of people saying the manga gets much better after the first season and some of the next arcs are great, so I'll stick around and watch the next seasons. My impressions are on the first season only.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I didn't find Jujitsu Kaisen anime as entertaining as others seem to be totally honest. Honestly found it quite decent but that's about it. I also have a big problem with the fights, the animations are top notch, but I really found the fight in the anime to lack any tension or sense of danger in them, almost as if it's there for the characters to show off their new powers rather than being a life or death situation, unlike animes like Attack on Titan or even Demon Slayer in which I feel any character can actually die, I didn't get this feeling with JJK, so it was just flashy, great animations but not interesting fights. Story presented in the first season also seems to be a bit of incoherent mess that keeps on randomly jumping and not dealing with the actual main plot theme.

However I heard a lot of people saying the manga gets much better after the first season and some of the next arcs are great, so I'll stick around and watch the next seasons. My impressions are on the first season only.
I agree with you, I'd probably have Attack on Titan ahead of it but i'd say its pretty similar to Demon Slayer level for me. Like you mentioned though the next couple arcs are the main course and you do get a couple deaths in it as well.

el3mel

I agree with you, I'd probably have Attack on Titan ahead of it but i'd say its pretty similar to Demon Slayer level for me. Like you mentioned though the next couple arcs are the main course and you do get a couple deaths in it as well.
Demon Slayer I think the story overall is generic as feck but to be fair the fights adapted into animation are really tense and awesome.

Hopefully I enjoy the next arcs of JJK when they're adapted in the anime.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Recommendation for those who enjoy slow-burners or slice-of-life style supernatural anime — like Mushishi, Houseki no Kuni, Wolf's Rain, Kino no Tabi, et cetera...
10 episodes in as of yesterday, and I'd give it a solid ★★★½ (with the potential to become a proper masterpiece in due time).

P.S. Aside from Fumetsu no anata e, Yoshitoki Ōima has also authored Koe no Katachi and Mardock Scramble.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Recommendation for those who enjoy slow-burners or slice-of-life style supernatural anime — like Mushishi, Houseki no Kuni, Wolf's Rain, Kino no Tabi, et cetera...
10 episodes in as of yesterday, and I'd give it a solid ★★★½ (with the potential to become a proper masterpiece in due time).

P.S. Aside from Fumetsu no anata e, Yoshitoki Ōima has also authored Koe no Katachi and Mardock Scramble.
I remember pausing the first episode at the 2nd minute mark, and telling my brother that this is going to be one of the best anime's I watch in 2021. On episode 11. Been watching it on a weekly basis for 2 months, but forgot to watch it last week.

With the deaths of the nameless boy, and March :( I was convinced that Gugu was going to be next. Considering Gugu's concealed face since his incident with Rean Cropp, I was expecting to see a cliff-hanger, and then instead of seeing the boy, we see Fushi with a frightening scary face. The obvious implication that Gugu died, and Fushi had taken on his identity. I thought that would be the first time we see what his face actually looks like. I was mistaken. And I'm glad. That would've been too repetitive IMO.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I remember pausing the first episode at the 2nd minute mark, and telling my brother that this is going to be one of the best anime's I watch in 2021.
Ooooh, the characterization and existential angst in the very first episode (mostly with the Nameless boy and his distressing circumstances) hit me really hard as well; almost felt like a beautifully crafted standalone short film, rather than an introductory anime episode.
With the deaths of the nameless boy, and March :( I was convinced that Gugu was going to be next. Considering Gugu's concealed face since his incident with Rean Cropp, I was expecting to see a cliff-hanger, and then instead of seeing the boy, we see Fushi with a frightening scary face. The obvious implication that Gugu died, and Fushi had taken on his identity. I thought that would be the first time we see what his face actually looks like. I was mistaken. And I'm glad. That would've been too repetitive IMO.
As a matter of fact, I have seen exactly 10 episode thus far! :lol:

Yep, pleasantly surprised that Gugu is alive (and juiced up?) following the time-skip sequence; was similarly distrustful and fearing the worst after getting my heart broken in the previous couple of story arcs. On a tangential note, given that Fushi has visibly aged — will we get to see grown up March further along in their journey, something that is hinted at in the opening? Would be pretty nice (and a fitting tribute to her as she had so many mature aspirations), I suppose.

el3mel

To Your Eternity has been a great watch so far, though I won't say a masterpiece, but the premise, the characters and the emotional aspects have been great.

lawliet354

Demon Slayer I think the story overall is generic as feck but to be fair the fights adapted into animation are really tense and awesome.

Hopefully I enjoy the next arcs of JJK when they're adapted in the anime.
I personally think both JJK and Demon Slayer are good manga, but the anime definitely carried its popularity though. The adaptations are elevating them to be great show, the battle animation are smooth, pacing are great, the soundtrack is awesome, MAPPA is doing wonders with them.

Looking forward to Chainsawman, the trailer looks absolutely amazing