The Caf's Dream Transfers Summer 2019

G_and_T

Tuanzebe, Laird, Greenwood, Chong and Gomes promoted.

Daniel James looks like he is signing.

I’d like to see Longstaff or Calvin Philips come in as they could develop into really strong CM. I wish we could buy back Rafael but AWB looks decent for a right back.

I don’t believe any of the big named centre backs will come to us, but I like the idea of swapping Lukaku with Škriniar.

G_and_T

I honestly can't believe Premier league teams haven't been linked with Calvin Philips. He is wasted in the championship. I am glad to find someone else has seen him play and sees his potential. It would be as out of the blue as Daniel James and I really like that too. It would be great to have players who play with their heart on their sleeve rather than their silly hashtags and emoji's.

Fosu-Mens

I honestly can't believe Premier league teams haven't been linked with Calvin Philips. He is wasted in the championship. I am glad to find someone else has seen him play and sees his potential. It would be as out of the blue as Daniel James and I really like that too. It would be great to have players who play with their heart on their sleeve rather than their silly hashtags and emoji's.

I think Norwich will get him, but all 3 teams promoted and most of the teams not in the top 6 will have him among their targets.

Fer

Dream signings.. Erm; de Ligt, Wan Bissaka, Kante, Ziyech, Sancho
We would see a big improvement just with Wan Bissaka and Sancho. The right side of our team is average at the moment.
BTW, is Kante available?

Zlatattack

Basically I'd like Real Madrids transfer window.

So far they've signed Jovic, Hazard, Miltao and are likely to sign Eriksen.

If we're being silly I'd like to see us line up as...

DDG
Cancelo Deligt Koulibaly Shaw
Eriksen Kante Pogba
Sancho Kane Hazard
Obviously even the Saudis can't put together a side like that, but it did say dream transfer window.

Andersons Dietician

I mean if we are going full M then...

DDG
Bissaka DeLigt Lindelof Shaw
Rodri
Havertz Pogba
Sancho Rashford** Martial​

** the good version of Rashford. DM is honestly the hardest position to pin anyone down to because I really haven’t seen anyone where I’ve thought yeah that is the guy and with Havertz and Pogba there he’d have to be one hell of a player.

RooneyLegend

Cancelo, Ndombele, Zouma, Ziyech, Sane, Alderwereld, Thiago, Ismaly and Ten Hag

MattyB1986

We would see a big improvement just with Wan Bissaka and Sancho. The right side of our team is average at the moment.
BTW, is Kante available?
I doubt he'd be available or attainable. Just would be my pick for the dm role.

And, agreed. Those two would be ideal for our right flank, which you rightly point out is average at present. In fact, we haven't had any right side attacking threat for a few years now. Ugh!

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
FWR: Griezmann or Pepe or Milik or Sancho
FWL: Felix or Sancho
RW/AMR: Ziyech or Fernandes
DLP: Brozovic or Rabiot
Ball-Winner: Ndidi or Partey
RB: Atal or AWB

Yup, amazingly I'm ok with a defence containing Shaw - Jones - Smalldini for one last season if we can fix other areas.

------------ Sancho | Pepe -----------
Pogba | Ndidi | Brozovic | Ziyech
Shaw | Jones | Smalling | Atal

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

RB: Meunier or Atal.
CB: Alderweireld or Ake.
CM: Two of Rabiot, Van den Beek, Barella, Tielemans.
RW: Ziyech, Sarabia or Zaniolo.
ST: Swap Lukaku for Lautaro Martinez and cash, Sebastien Haller or Fekir.

The Nani

Well, if we’re dreaming...

———Martial————Sancho
———————Dybala
———Fernandes—Tielemans
———————-Rice
Tierney-De Ligt—Lindelof-Meunier
———————Oblak

Fer

Well, if we’re dreaming...

———Martial————Sancho
———————Dybala
———Fernandes—Tielemans
———————-Rice
Tierney-De Ligt—Lindelof-Meunier
———————Oblak
Sancho would make a big difference in our team.

In your dream transfers... Would you sell Pogba?

Just curious, do you rate:
Rice better than Rodri?
Dybala better than Havertz?
Meunier better than Cancelo?
Tielemans better than Van de Beek/N'Dombele?

The Nani

Sancho would make a big difference in our team.

In your dream transfers... Would you sell Pogba?

Just curious, do you rate:
Rice better than Rodri?
Dybala better than Havertz?
Meunier better than Cancelo?
Tielemans better than Van de Beek/N'Dombele?
Only sold Pogba and added Rice because I added so much attacking talent in a bit of a piss-take of a post. :lol:

Pogba is a strange talent though and somewhat difficult to accommodate in a balanced side.

I'd certainly prefer Rodri to Rice although Rice could be a quality player in a few years. Dybala over Havertz purely because Dybala is actually a striker. Meunier and Cancelo is a coin flip as is DvB and Tielemans who I prefer over Ndombele. All depends on who's coming and going really though. Most of those are very close.

Fer

Only sold Pogba and added Rice because I added so much attacking talent in a bit of a piss-take of a post. :lol:

Pogba is a strange talent though and somewhat difficult to accommodate in a balanced side.

I'd certainly prefer Rodri to Rice although Rice could be a quality player in a few years. Dybala over Havertz purely because Dybala is actually a striker. Meunier and Cancelo is a coin flip as is DvB and Tielemans who I prefer over Ndombele. All depends on who's coming and going really though. Most of those are very close.
Dybala would be great behind the striker. I know he had a bad season, but he is a talented player who could be available this summer.

I mentioned Havertz because he also plays behind the striker and I think he could be slightly better in the Premier League. But being realistic, the players you suggested have been linked with us. I guess that Havertz, Rodri, N'Dombele, Cancelo, etc are going to end in other top clubs.

bucky

Maignan/Walter Benitez/Henderson

William/Dalot - Lindelof/Tuanzebe - Diallo/Smalling - A. Martin/Shaw

Rodrigo/Matic

Rabiot/McTominay - Pogba/A.Gomes

Havertz/Greenwood - Joelinton/Rashford - Sancho/James
Sign: James, Maignan, William, Diallo, Godfrey, A. Martin, Rodrigo, Rabiot, Havertz, Sancho, Joelinton
Sell/Release: de Gea, Valencia, Darmian, Young, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Fred, Herrera, Mata, Lingard, Lukaku, Martial, Alexis Sanchez

Won't happen and isn't realistic at all, but there you go.

Last edited:

Fer

We dream with players like De Ligt, Sancho, Rodri, N'Dombele, Havertz, Sancho, Felix, etc but we have just signed Daniel James and it seems Longstaff could be next. We entended Mata's contract. Unfortunately, it seems that our big signing would be someone like Maguire.

I hope we change our style of play to get the best of our current players.

Woeisme

------------------------------------DeGea-------------------------------

AWB (55)---------------Upamecano (30)--------Lindelof--------------Shaw
--------------------------Dias-------- (40)

------------------------------------Rabiot--------------------------------------

--------------Ndombele (70)-------------------Fernandez (70)

------------------Dalot------------------------------Martial

-------------------------------Rashford------------------

The above is an outlay of £265 million on 6 players
Don't want to hear that Ndombele and Fernandez can't play in those positions. They are midfielders. I want them to play in midfield and move around. (It works on my FIFA)
Dalot is there because I have no one else to put there and once this team above, gets us to the champions league, then we invest in Sancho next year.
Upamecano and Dias are two for the price of one H.Maguire. One of them will be better than him in two years time.
Rabiot, could have been tempted earlier.

How do I finance this, I hear you ask?
Pogba (120)
Lukaku (75)
Lingard (30)
Matic (20)
Jones (15)
Rojo (10)
Darmian (5)

Thats £275 right there and our squad is a similar size..
Promote a few young lads too.

I know that this won't happen. But it could have. All those players were/are obtainable.
We can afford it
We should be able to do more than one transfer at a time.

The prices quoted are realistic

And the above is not considering a transfer budget. Even if they are only giving Ole £100 million, allocate that as you see fit to upgrade Dalot or Rabiot etc.

I am available to start as Ole's adviser anytime. I have guided Utd to the league title with the above team in both FIFA 19 and FM. I know I can transfer these skills. And I'll work for free.

reddevilchennai

This is what I dream to happen this window. But pretty sure won't happen.

RB: AWB
CB: De Ligt
CDM: Rodri or Partey
CM: Ndombele, Tielesman
CAM: Madison or Bruno
RW: Sancho

Sell: Pogba(to fund other transfers and as he is not interested), Lukaku, Young, Lingard, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Darmian
Last Chance: Sanchez, Bailly, Martial, Periera, Fred. If they improve we can keep or else we should sell next summer.
Keep: De Gea(persuade to sign a new improvised contract), Sanchez(no one will buy him this season - play him as ST) and other united players
Promote: Tuanzabe,Greenwood(I am hoping he will play now and then this season), Chong, Gomez, Garner.

Wheato

-----Martial——Rashford——James
——---—Fernandes—Maddison
————- ------Ndombele
-Shaw-Alderweireld—Lindelof-AWB
——————-----DDG

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Sell: Pogba, Lukaku, Bailey, Jones, Darmian, Rojo, Matic and Sanchez

Buy: Wan Bissaka, De Ligt/Maguire, Longstaff, Ndombele, Tielemans, Maddison, Brooks, James, Sancho.

Income=250 million
Outgoings=£500 million
Plus a significantly reduced wage bill.

Let Rashford and Martial fight it out for the striker spot, if neither significant improve then replace next year. Promote Tuanzebe to fourth choice defender. Fred, Perreira and Lingard on their last chance. Massively improves the midfield making us less reliant one one player (Pogba) and more balanced.

Fair enough not all these players are 'dream/muppet' signings but the idea of shifting so much deadwood and building a young exciting team with huge potential is the real dream. I believe this side would suit Oles style of play perfectly and provide depth in every position. Ridiculously unrealistic though eh?

Last edited:

Fer

GK: It depends on De Gea extending his contract. Would you prefer to sell him now or stay with him for another year and let him go for free?

CB: We already have tons of defenders, we need a top CB. Koulibaly plays as LCB. He would be the best choice. Alderweireld would be a decent option considering his price.

RB: If we get Wan Bissaka, we would have to young talents to rotate in that position for the coming years.

LB: Shaw is okay, it's not a priority to improve the LB position. Maybe Tierney as competition/cover for 25m would be good instead of Young/Damian/Rojo.

CDM: We definitely need someone instead of Matic, there's no need to overpaid here. There are players like Ndidi, Rice, Neves who can do a decent job there.

CM: We need to replace Herrera and Fellaini. Fred, Mctominay and Pereira can play there. N'dombele would be the best choice there, but someone cheaper like Van de Beek, Tielemans would improve a bit more our midfield. The problem is that they are similar to our current mids. Maybe someone like Maddison or Fernandes could help us to create more goal opportunities.

LW: We have James, Martial, Sanchez and even Rashford, so it's not a priority.

RW: I would hate to see Lingard or Mata there again. We need to sign a top RW. Sancho, Chiesa, Pepe, Dembele, etc.

ST: Rashford, Sanchez, Martial, Lukaku and Greenwood can play there. Even if we sell 2 of them, we there's no need for a new one if we have players like Pepe and Fernandes scoring goals too.

AgentP

I'm still hoping we can pull off Jadon Sancho's signing along with a CB and a midfielder.

Inter Yer Nan

I'm actually very happy with the two lads we've signed so far (assuming the AWB is done dealio) and am pleasantly surprised they are done before July. I don't see us signing a central defender but I'd still love for 3 more signings. I want a bit of quality out wide with Sancho being my wet dream signing, we urgently need a midfielder, I guess we have a free go at Bruno Fernandes or there's Maddison, which is a link I like and even though I don't see us signing a defender, I want one. I'd love Alderweireld at 25 and I'd take Maguire even at 75m at this point. He'd be a massive improvement.

stubie

Realistic

James
Wan-Bissaka
Andersen
Sessegnon
Tielemans
Another midfielder if Pogba leaves

Hughie77

James done, AWB, nearly done, those 2 happy with them, would like to see Bruno F In Midfield, and if Pogba goes would like to see Rice in there, and If lukaku goes, a top striker in there ?

Reactions: golden_blunder

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
James
Wan Bissaka
DeLigt +1 other cb
Rice
Maddison
Sancho

+1 additional if Pogba leaves
+1 additional if Lukaku leaves

Fer

If we end up selling Pogba, we can use that money to buy Sancho. He would be our new star.

I can't see Ole singing top players bar Sancho. With the rest of the money, we could buy Maddison/Fernandes to replace Pogba.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Realistic on all three? Sancho maybe, fits the profile of players we seem to be pursuing. The other two? No, and im not even sure we are looking at Felix or De Ligt. I think our name just gets dragged into any transfer to drive the price up.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
If we end up selling Pogba, we can use that money to buy Sancho. He would be our new star.

I can't see Ole singing top players bar Sancho. With the rest of the money, we could buy Maddison/Fernandes to replace Pogba.
Realistic on all three? Sancho maybe, fits the profile of players we seem to be pursuing. The other two? No, and im not even sure we are looking at Felix or De Ligt. I think our name just gets dragged into any transfer to drive the price up.
Sancho will have no interest in joining us right now which is entirely understandable. Come next summer's transfer window he'll be on his way to Chelsea.

Edit: Actually thanks @Scroto Baggins as I just realised you took the time to both and answer read my OP properly!