The Caf's obsession with converting players' positions

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bruno to false 9
Lindelöf to CDM
Fred to every position ever

Why is there such a vocal component on the caf trying to constantly change the position of players?

I blame Guardiola for converting right backs to midfielders.

youmeletsfly

8, almost 9 years of absolute mediocrity from the club will make armchair scientists think they have the solution to everything.

devilo

8, almost 9 years of absolute mediocrity from the club will make armchair scientists think they have the solution to everything.
Had to laugh yesterday when our resident football gurus were calling out Ralf for subbing on Fred for Pogba. I think i'll take my chances with those that clearly know more about the game.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Had to laugh yesterday when our resident football gurus were calling out Ralf for subbing on Fred for Pogba. I think i'll take my chances with those that clearly know more about the game.
Absolute classic when that happens, i promise i wasnt one of those questioning the decision :cool:

Foxbatt

Bastian from a winger to a midfield player? If our midfield was good enough no one is going to be asking for any changes in midfield.

Jackal981

Funniest crap I read was AWB as our 6. We would be leaking goals like a 100 years old house during a storm.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
It’s because so many of our players have been mediocre in their preferred positions, some want to cling on to the possibility that two problems can be solved at once with a change.

Greck

Agree on the rest but Bruno false 9 is 100% worth experimenting till the end of the season. Not only because of personnel shortage but getting Ronaldo and Rashford out of the starting lineup is a huge priority right now. I feel we have such a dated view on the striker dating back to Ole emphasising pure scoring prowess in the role. People also know false 9 is as much a 10 as a striker, it's in the name. The inside players become the strikers by pushing into the vacuum created by the false 9. Anyway it's not just that but virtually anyone that can drop into pockets of space is by default better than Rash and Ronaldo No one wants to have to turn to desperate measures like that but Rashford just lost his place to absolutely zero competition. We also wouldn't even be considering it if Cavani could show up once a week.

The position is in crisis. People are done. After the CL group stage it's not an exaggeration to say it has been one of the worst run of performances from a collective personnel at one position in years. How can 3 players be this ineffective for this long? All while nearly every position is enjoying a turnaround in form since Ralf joined. They're going to get someone fired at this rate.

Last edited: