The case for Bruno to be club captain

Irrational.

Now I know he hasn't been here long and you could argue whether the captaincy means much, but I feel Bruno is already a better fit for United captain than Maguire.

In such a short space of time, Bruno has already made a massive impact at the club and the way we play football.

For me he holds the following attributes which automatically make him a better candidate for the captaincy over Maguire:

- Plays in midfield where he can influence the game a lot more
- Leads by example
- Hard working (and it seems to be rubbing off on those around him)
- Never shirks responsibility, and also confident with set pieces
- Good communicator - fluent in English as well as being able to talk to his other Spanish/ Portuguese speaking teammates
- Already hugely popular with his teammates
- Fast becoming a fan favourite if he isn't already.

Thoughts?

OleBoiii

We should also build him a statue immediately.

Stretford End is now Bruno End.

Brunchester Brunited.

The Red Brunos.

Reactions: 2cents

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
We're nowhere near this stage yet. Let's add him to the United Trinity while we're at it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why don't we keep Maguire as Club Captain and install Bruno as Regional Captain and Maguire can report directly to Bruno.

romufc

Wow, the over reaction on here is incredible.

Maguire is a good captain and there is no reason to change that.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Ed should do the honourable thing and offer him his wife.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think he should be our manager and dof while were at it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Harry Maguire has Skipper written all over him. Bruno Fernandes has maestro written all over him.

You don't need to mix the two.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We're nowhere near this stage yet. Let's add him to the United Trinity while we're at it.
Or build his own trinity. One statue where he jumps for a penalty, one where he raises both arms for a corner and the last one where he kicks a door.

Dve

Absolutely no reason to take that captaincy of Maguire.

Walters_19_MuFc

Its Maguire and should continue to be Maguire, in my opinion.

We need more leaders in our team, though, and Bruno certainly seems like a natural leader. But yeah, im happy with Maguire as current captain. I also think, where possible, its nice to have a player from the same country captaining the side.

SaintMuppet

Tag a statue of him onto the ‘holy trinity’ one whilst we are at it. Rename a stand in his honor. Maguire is doing fine and seems to be coming into his own of late.

St Bruno could vanish, turn shit, get injured, or start singing Raiola hymns any moment! Let’s give him a season or two to see what he is actually made of!!!!!!

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Brunchester Brunited.

The Red Brunos.
I think that we have been starved for so long, of a creative attacker with flair, skill and work ethic that people are jizzing over Bruno after only a few games.
The last time I saw something like this was Di Maria who was ridiculously good when he first arrived. Our club then shackled him and things went downhill from there. Miki was also a very good attacker who turned to shit.
Before assessing Bruno, I think we need to wait for the season to end. I am expecting a dramatic drop-off in performance as I feel that our coaching is not up to scratch....but before going negative or positive, I want to wait a few months.

The question I do have is: given just how good Bruno appears to be, why the hell didn't another team come in for him, say Barca or Madrid and spend £100M+ on him?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I get what you’re saying, maybe in time but Maguire is fine for now.

What I like though is that we now have a few candidates for the role, when we basically gave it to De Gea by default when Valencia left. We’ve signed some real personality in the club, which is a key thing I think we’ve been missing for years.

Varun

Staff
King Eric and now club captain. Wonder if he joined Manchester fecking United or my local club in India.

DVG7

I’m with you here, after all he was the catalyst for this

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Pfff half measures. He surely deserves to have OT renamed the Bruno Fernandes Arena?

izec

Maguire is the best one everything considered. People go over the top with Bruno, troubled times though.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Tag a statue of him onto the ‘holy trinity’ one whilst we are at it. Rename a stand in his honor. Maguire is doing fine and seems to be coming into his own of late.

St Bruno could vanish, turn shit, get injured, or start singing Raiola hymns any moment! Let’s give him a season or two to see what he is actually made of!!!!!!
When someone called St Muppet is the voice of reason you know you've lost the plot with an OP.

DFreshKing

Brunchester Brunited.

The Red Brunos.
:lol:

This is almost as bad as the BT Sport cringe fest last night. It was as if Bruno played the whole game on his own even though he was bloody subbed off and we scored two more goals...

Krits

I honestly feel more than half this place is full of less that 20 y/o. Why do you all do this to yourself again and again and again? Make snap, emotionally charged judgments. It’s not just with our own players, it’s with other players as well.