The CBs from the Portuguese League Thread

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s actually incredible that in pretty much every post by Ekeke, he manages to push the anti Lindelöf agenda. I’ve only skimmed through the thread but already seen him compare him to Mangala. It’s not even transparent but honestly I don’t recall seeing such blatant agenda posting. Maybe Haram in the Martial thread used to be worse. He’s not even a bad player.

Ekeke

It’s actually incredible that in pretty much every post by Ekeke, he manages to push the anti Lindelöf agenda. I’ve only skimmed through the thread but already seen him compare him to Mangala. It’s not even transparent but honestly I don’t recall seeing such blatant agenda posting. Maybe Haram in the Martial thread used to be worse. He’s not even a bad player.
Its not crazy that he's compared to another CB that was bought from the portuguese league to the premier league and also didnt live up to the hype and doesnt win the ball much. Its crazy to think that isnt a fair comparison for some reason and yet not even be able to put that reason forward.

Beobachter

This is such a bizarre thread. So 'CBs from the Portuguese league' are the new 'strikers from Eredivisie', huh.

In terms of Ruben Dias (seemingly the actual reason this thread existed in the first place or do I miss some other hidden agenda), I agree that one should gather more scouting info instead of basing the decision on some random international matches. This thing here, though... imagine not buying Ronaldo because you look at the Top 15 Winger Transfer and decided very arbitrarily that not enough of them are 'successful'...

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Its not crazy that he's compared to another CB that was bought from the portuguese league to the premier league and also didnt live up to the hype and doesnt win the ball much. Its crazy to think that isnt a fair comparison for some reason and yet not even be able to put that reason forward.
No one is saying that the comparison isn't fair, I think the general concensus is that it's a weird thread and that your cherry picking anti-Lindelöf agenda is very obvious. @TrustInJanuzaj is spot on with his post.

Ekeke

Pep Guardiola obviously doesnt agree with this thread. Lets see how he does at City :smirk:

Obviously I'm going to go ahead and say he wont be fixing City's defensive frailties. Some other people will be saying something about Lindelof for some reason, who are the posters that are going to say he'll fix City's backline?

Ekeke

Ruben Dias gave the ball away for Porto's opening goal last night. Lost it on the half way line then Porto's Diaz ran it all the way from there, past a flimsy Rodrigo, past Cancelo at left back and smashed it in the bottom corner

VojjE

Top 16 premier league sales for comparison. I did top 16 as Rio featured twice and I thought that would be a bit unfair. I would have posted it as an image, but newbie privileges and all.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Carvalho is one of the all time best PL CBs. I don't love Luiz but he's had a great career really. Ruben Dias is going to do really well for City - the type of player they've lacked since Kompany left in that he's tough, can defend and still ball a bit. Lindelof is realistically squad player standard but he's ok. Eric Dier is pretty solid.

Mangala doesn't suddenly make all Portuguese club CB signings shit, in exactly the same way that Boumsong didn't make all French club CB signings shit, and Titus Bramble and John Stones didn't make all English ones shit.