The centre-forward market...

croadyman

Maybe we need a poll on our next number 9,however haven't a clue how to do it. I didn't see any point in starting another thread on this. So far I would say it's between

Osimhen

Vlahovic

Kane

Sesko

croadyman

I can only repeat what I wrote in the Ten Hag thread. Thuram. Cheap enough to be done even while saving up to whatever you're saving up to (be it a sale or a big transfer), good enough to improve you massively. And available.
Yeah I am jumping on Thuram train now,least he can play down the middle and score some goals. So if people were given a straight choice between

Morata 9 goals & 1 assist in 22

Thuram 10 goals & 3 assists in 15

Which would you go for?

Last edited:

Steve 007

Yeah I am jumping on Thuram train now,least he can play down the middle and score some goals. So if people were given a straight choice between

Which would you go for?
Thuram, up and coming, got it all to prove. Confidence and numbers are there.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Would anyone take Abraham from Roma? Could snap him up in January and probably won’t cost halve as much as the other targets… he’s a proven premier league player and an upgrade on martial in terms of finishing.

SunnyGlasgow

Need to go all out for Osimhen in the summer! No way Levy sells us Kane - would want somebodys first born child before he'd even consider it!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
High profile players loans will probably cost us a bomb in loan fees and salaries. Thus if rumours of us being skint is true then I can only see us go for an Ighalo type of signing ie the likes of Rondon, Depay or Zaza

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Seems to be a lack of genuine no9 option's. Is that a sign of the way football is going, and if so, should we be adapting and following suit rather than getting a traditional no9?

Drizzle

Would anyone take Abraham from Roma? Could snap him up in January and probably won’t cost halve as much as the other targets… he’s a proven premier league player and an upgrade on martial in terms of finishing.
Not sure if serious? We couldn't get him in January, and even if we could he'd cost more than Gakpo.

Steve 007

Are we even getting linked with Thuram? Haven't read anything on that front.
Just been talked about on skysports and also in a few papers. It really is just rumours at this point. We don’t seem to be (publicly) moving for anyone at present.

NoPace

Which would you go for?
Morata fits us quite well I think, but probably too pricy considering his age. If it was on a free I’d pick him.

Drizzle

Why would he cost more than Gakpo? He’s having a poor season, only 3 goals this season…
Roma don't need to sell and don't want to sell. Anyway he cost them £36m and they will want to sell for a profit if they ever do.

bosskeano

looks like guys who could be available in january as Thuram, Lois Openda and Vlahovic....don't see Napoli allowing Osimhen leave in January plus he's massively expensive and Kane in all honesty would be a foolish move on our part considering his age, price and wages.

SAFMUTD

If Vlahovic is available then he's the one. But I don't think Juve will sell cheap, I don't he him joining us at this point.

Allegedly Marcus Thuram is available for 10-15M since his contract expires in the summer. That's one that I can see us going for.

Mr.Hik

We should already have one at the training ground.
CR left month ago, idk what are they doing. We are one injury away from undoing all ETH good work.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Is Vlahovic available on loan? Might be worth a punt. Still, as yet, don't see anyone better than Kane in the summer (if he'd play for another English side)

Telsim

There's no time to dawdle on this now. Ten Hag seems to like his players well-versed in his style before putting them on the pitch. That will take a while. And a Martial injury is only a matter of a time. Whatever we do, it needs to happen fast.

DJ_21

Messi contract up in the summer. Let’s bring him to the prem for a year or 2 :lol:

DJ_21

Weren’t we linked with that Martin terrier from Rennes? Just got 2 goals against nice.

Bojan Djordjic

Weren’t we linked with that Martin terrier from Rennes? Just got 2 goals against nice.
One was ruled offside and he's currently screaming his head off clutching his knee in agony so I don't think this will be a runner.

Bojan Djordjic

Still think we just accept a Thuram/Depay cheap deal for six months and go balls out for Osimhen in the summer when we have a bit of cash to play with from the new owners.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

From yesterday

Pretty crazy that Kolo Muani just moved to Frankfurt in the summer and now is already rumoured to leave for a bigger club. But that also means he would be quite expensive, Frankfurt have zero reason to sell him.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Oliver Giroux is mentioned a lot. Am I missing something, why would AC Milan sell their top striker? They are looking to compete with Napoli for the title and still play in the CL. Sure Zlatan — might — return soon, but he is 41 y/o, would they really trust him to carry them like Giroux have.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Emmanuel Dennis was rumored to be a bit of a cancer at Watford, and now Nottingham is looking to get rid of him after just paying 15m for him. Buyers will be aware.

He was very good last season for Watford and does have a high work rate — on the field. He is really strong on the ball and he is a great dribbler. His passing isn’t bad. His finishing isn’t bad. He is probably a piece of sheit of the pitch.

I am sure Nottingham would loan him to us. Cost would be like a mil. The fact that they want to sell him in January clearly indicates that they have an issue in the locker room. Sometimes these type of guys work out at the bigger clubs.

Bojan Djordjic

Emmanuel Dennis was rumored to be a bit of a cancer at Watford, and now Nottingham is looking to get rid of him after just paying 15m for him. Buyers will be aware.

He was very good last season for Watford and does have a high work rate — on the field. He is really strong on the ball and he is a great dribbler. His passing isn’t bad. His finishing isn’t bad. He is probably a piece of sheit of the pitch.

I am sure Nottingham would loan him to us. Cost would be like a mil. The fact that they want to sell him in January clearly indicates that they have an issue in the locker room. Sometimes these type of guys work out at the bigger clubs.
Wait, why would you want a cancer in the dressing room when we've just gotten rid of one and seen how damaging his presence has been?

laughtersassassin

TBF the club only have themselves to blame with the striker situation.

Basically sinc e Fergie retired we always cheap out in strikers and get loans, Shit Cheap players and or players who where already well well past their peak in their mid to late thirties.

Lukaku was one of our only attempts at buying a striker for the long term.

Sure there was Martial but he was made young at the time

croadyman

Still think we just accept a Thuram/Depay cheap deal for six months and go balls out for Osimhen in the summer when we have a bit of cash to play with from the new owners.
Think you can throw Morata's name in too,still don't get the impression Osimhen has any intention of leaving Napoli

Threesus

How about Dominic solanke? I feel like he is primed to explode if someone takes a chance on him. If we buy him, we can go big for midfield, RB and goalkeeper next year

Jam

So the below is what I gather we’re currently at based on links over the last month or so, with recency bias to narrow the list down.

Current realistic January options:

Thurman (buy)
Depay (loan)
Morata (loan)
Surprise signing or loan a la Arnautovic link in the summer

Current (arguable) realistic Summer long term options (current links):

Terrier
Moukoko
Vlahovic
Osimhen
Muani
Felix

Other high level (not top level) forwards who “might” be obtainable in the Summer (No real links currently):

David
Silva
Martinez
Mitrovic
Schick
Immobile
Jovic

It really is slim pickings at the moment isn’t it? Even the older stars (a la Larsson, Ibra, Cavani) are unobtainable because they’re still top level or integral to their clubs Lewandowski, Benzema, Giroud… and then in the Summer there isn’t a clear wonder kid who is realistic Haaland, Sesko, Nkunku etc.

croadyman

So the below is what I gather we’re currently at based on links over the last month or so, with recency bias to narrow the list down.

Current realistic January options:

Thurman (buy)
Depay (loan)
Morata (loan)
Surprise signing or loan a la Arnautovic link in the summer

Current (arguable) realistic Summer long term options (current links):

Terrier
Moukoko
Vlahovic
Osimhen
Muani
Felix

Other high level (not top level) forwards who “might” be obtainable in the Summer (No real links currently):

David
Silva
Martinez
Mitrovic
Schick
Immobile
Jovic

It really is slim pickings at the moment isn’t it? Even the older stars (a la Larsson, Ibra, Cavani) are unobtainable because they’re still top level or integral to their clubs Lewandowski, Benzema, Giroud… and then in the Summer there isn’t a clear wonder kid who is realistic Haaland, Sesko, Nkunku etc.
Depay isn't putting the numbers of either Thuram/Morata and we need goals desperately