The centre-forward market...

NoPace

Rutter really jumps out. Only 2 in 15 for Hoffenheim but he's only 20. Would be interesting to bring him in for 6 months on a loan with a big option to buy if Hoffenheim would bit.
Interesting to see Leeds go for Rutter. Makes a lot of sense for them as he is the kind of guy who they can still get but is probably a tier B or C option for a team like us that wishes he would stay in Germany for another year or two and solidify his standing and develop before we bought him for 40M or so.

Red Rash

The annoying thing is if we were more decisive in the summer transfer window and got rid of Ronaldo then plus tied up the Casemiro, Martinez and Antony deals earlier we could have easily saved 30-40 million which we could have used on a striker

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Gonna be an interesting summer, there’s a few teams that will be looking at strikers, us, arsenal and Chelsea. Think most of our budget will be goin on a striker but we also need another midfielder who can play alongside Casemiro. A de Jong/Bellingham type. I’d be happy with a world class striker and a world class midfielder being our main signings in the summer.

croadyman

Gonna be an interesting summer, there’s a few teams that will be looking at strikers, us, arsenal and Chelsea. Think most of our budget will be goin on a striker but we also need another midfielder who can play alongside Casemiro. A de Jong/Bellingham type. I’d be happy with a world class striker and a world class midfielder being our main signings in the summer.
Yeah De Jong and Kane/Osimhen would be great,maybe some cheap CB and RB cover too

Fer

Who would you prefer for next season:
Kane, Osimhen, Vlahovic or Sesko?

zaafi

Kane and it's not even close.

Don't get why people suggest Sesko anyway. He's going to Leipzig and he's a 19 year old with 5 goals in 16 matches in the Austrian League. Not exactly one that's going to take us to the top. Maybe in 3-4 years and we'll see where he is.

Erik the Red

Simple, unless we can get Mbappe or Haaland, we should take Kane, as he is the most certain 20 goal striker on that list (with Moukoko on a free as cover) and then monitor the other candidates you’ve listed, along with anyone else coming through, to replace Kane when he's done.

Last edited:

ChorltonReds

Osimhen by a distance. Kane is great but the spine of the team would all be 30 at the same time, which would be bad long-term. Personally don't rate Vlahovic at all. Sesko not yet good enough to be first choice at our level.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

croadyman

Ogden cleverly covering all bases there,be interesting to hear from Whitwell/Ducker/
Luckhurst on who they think are Utd's top targets

Erik the Red

Ogden cleverly covering all bases there,be interesting to hear from Whitwell/Ducker/
Luckhurst on who they think are Utd's top targets
Obviously he doesn't want to stick his neck out and get it wrong, but it's nice that we are being linked with probably the most exciting (potentially available) options at each age group. I wouldn't mind picking up one of these strikers in the summer along with another cover player, such as Moukoko or an unknown South American as we could always do with more rotation options at striker. However, we would have to let go of Weghorst or Martial or maybe both.

croadyman

Obviously he doesn't want to stick his neck out and get it wrong, but it's nice that we are being linked with probably the most exciting (potentially available) options at each age group. I wouldn't mind picking up one of these strikers in the summer along with another cover player, such as Moukoko or an unknown South American as we could always do with more rotation options at striker. However, we would have to let go of Weghorst or Martial or maybe both.
Sounds daft but more chance we get rid of Martial as could see Weghorst as similar style to a Kane

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
Rasmus Winther Højlund

20 years old. Tall, strong, fast and also good technique (he has a better first touch than Osimhen). He will be a great striker (already he is good). Plays for Atalanta.

Perfect for Utd.

Pintu

Rasmus Winther Højlund

20 years old. Tall, strong, fast and also good technique (he has a better first touch than Osimhen). He will be a great striker (already he is good). Plays for Atalanta.

Perfect for Utd.
I think one can have high hopes for Højlund but he is not there yet. He needs 2 seasons (at least) with Atlanta or a similar club to reach the required level for a bigger move. But yes, I'd love to see him at United in the future.

I believe Kasper Hjulmand made a mistake not taking him with Denmark to the WC... The experience of the event would have been tremendous for him and his progression, and would come handy in Germany 2024 or US 2026.

Silverman

Karim Benzema out of contact in the summer. Varane, Casemiro and Benzema all reeling in the years.
Seems to be ? over his behaviour though.

avgp_1

Rasmus Winther Højlund

Perfect for Utd.
Hojlund for me would be a much more attractive prospect than Sesko. But he needs some more time clearly. One to keep an eye on for now

Lyng

I think one can have high hopes for Højlund but he is not there yet. He needs 2 seasons (at least) with Atlanta or a similar club to reach the required level for a bigger move. But yes, I'd love to see him at United in the future.

I believe Kasper Hjulmand made a mistake not taking him with Denmark to the WC... The experience of the event would have been tremendous for him and his progression, and would come handy in Germany 2024 or US 2026.
He should have taken Tengstedt as well. Insane striking talent and is good in the build up play.

kirk buttercup

Ekiteke has scored 3 in 3 for PSG . Just watching him now and he looks pretty good I have to say, I know its the farmers league blah blah . He is looking sharp

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I thought Sesko has already to join Leipzig in the summer? Basically a transfer between the two Red Bull clubs.
I think the suggestion is that Leipzig might be willing to sell him on again even without him having played for them yet, provided they recieve a big enough offer. So the transfer between the RB clubs would basically just have meant both received money from the ultimate Sesko sale.

How realistic that suggestion is or isn't, I have no idea.

Erik the Red

Kane, Osimhen and Sesko mentioned again.
A couple of weeks ago, I said that we should go for Moukoko (on a free), and one of Kane, Osimhen and Sesko (in that order). Kane and Moukoko would be fantastic business and would be my first two choices (assuming Mbappe and Haaland are out of reach). Kane would have the opportunity to break the PL record, and win trophies. Moukoko would know he would get minutes here, sharing the position with a 30 year old, and have a massive opportunity to establish himself as our first choice number 9 by the time Kane retires and we need to bring in another striker.

croadyman

A couple of weeks ago, I said that we should go for Moukoko (on a free), and one of Kane, Osimhen and Sesko (in that order). Kane and Moukoko would be fantastic business and would be my first two choices (assuming Mbappe and Haaland are out of reach). Kane would have the opportunity to break the PL record, and win trophies. Moukoko would know he would get minutes here, sharing the position with a 30 year old, and have a massive opportunity to establish himself as our first choice number 9 by the time Kane retires and we need to bring in another striker.
Yeah that would be my order of priority as well,suspect that Barca will take Moukoko as they still have that lure and always a chance Wout gets bought if loan works out.

Erik the Red

Yeah that would be my order of priority as well,suspect that Barca will take Moukoko as they still have that lure and always a chance Wout gets bought if loan works out.
Not sure why Barca have any lure when they are competing with Chelsea for the title of worst run club. He will be offered £150k per week salary, reducing to £50k after one year.

Weghorst would certainly be a useful squad member, and I wouldn't be against keeping him on as a third choice for next season, being thrown on when we are chasing a goal with 10 minutes to go, or when we need to mix things up a bit.

Erik the Red

I didn't realise he'd played quite so much, but it is still less than 1000 minutes (less than 11 full games), a lot of which were in the cups. I think Moukoko could come in the summer and be our Alevarez, learning from someone like Kane and playing regularly in the cups and 20 minute cameos in the league. Weghorst would be a great third option. I'm not convinced Martial is good enough to ever be our first choice striker, and he is probably too good / wouldn't want to sit on the bench. His injury record also make him an unreliable squad option.
Just noticed an article from four years ago, when Moukoko stated that Kane was his dream strike partner.

https://www.goal.com/de/meldungen/b...d-harry-kane-sturm/1xujw8m7ao2te1ssh5wko690c1

If we get Kane in June, Moukoko will come with him for free. That's great value for around £60m for the pair.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Bring in Declan McManus, the mighty goalscorer of welsh league. We can even make a chant rimming with anus. Ops... I meant rhyming, sorry.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I think the suggestion is that Leipzig might be willing to sell him on again even without him having played for them yet, provided they recieve a big enough offer. So the transfer between the RB clubs would basically just have meant both received money from the ultimate Sesko sale.

How realistic that suggestion is or isn't, I have no idea.
Yeah, and Leipzig does have three veteran strikers already in Werner, Silva and Poulsen. Werner is held very high there and have always done great for them. I am not sure if they want to put Wener on the bench to develop Sesko or what the plan is. Of course Werner could play on a wing, but... Could be that they just felt that Salzburg would be pushed around by bidders and decided to move him to Leipzig to get fair value for him.

I wouldn't rule it out. But its probably a bit of a challenge to convince Sesko to move to a big club already. But under ETH, I am sure he would be fine. He is my No 1 target, from a group of more or less every other striker in Europe (of course excluding Haaland and the likes).

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah, and Leipzig does have three veteran strikers already in Werner, Silva and Poulsen. Werner is held very high there and have always done great for them. I am not sure if they want to put Wener on the bench to develop Sesko or what the plan is. Of course Werner could play on a wing, but... Could be that they just felt that Salzburg would be pushed around by bidders and decided to move him to Leipzig to get fair value for him.

I wouldn't rule it out. But its probably a bit of a challenge to convince Sesko to move to a big club already. But under ETH, I am sure he would be fine. He is my No 1 target, from a group of more or less every other striker in Europe (of course excluding Haaland and the likes).
It's a possibility that Leipzig plays two up front. That would likely be Silva/Werner, with Poulsen as veteran backup and Sesko as the talent to be slowly integrated.

If they plan to play only one striker I am however quite sure that at least one of those four will be sold, and that likely means Silva or Sesko.

NoPace

Whatever happened to that Swiss lad Embolo or something?
12 in 26 starts this year (0 in 7 off the bench) at Monaco. He looked really strong with his back to goal. Bit clueless otherwise, but he'd fit the system okay and works hard. I could see him being in the 2nd tier of options if we can't sign a really quality player and want to bet on him now that he's scoring goals for the Swiss and Monaco. Strong and runs well.

NoPace

I just can't see Kane watching us play every week and not thinking that we now play great stuff that would suit him beautifully as he loses a yard of pace over the next 3-4 years. He could break the record here and have a chance at winning a title or CL. So I think he'll push for a move to us this summer, but can see Levy trying to get Bayern to cough up 40M instead of taking 60M from us.

Member 125398

12 in 26 starts this year (0 in 7 off the bench) at Monaco. He looked really strong with his back to goal. Bit clueless otherwise, but he'd fit the system okay and works hard. I could see him being in the 2nd tier of options if we can't sign a really quality player and want to bet on him now that he's scoring goals for the Swiss and Monaco. Strong and runs well.
Cheers. Remember him being quite the prospect.

mikeyt

A 30-year old Kane for probably £100million is ridiculous, we have to learn from previous. I like Kane as a player and he could have an RVP type impact but RVP cost £25million!

Osimhen is a much better long term proposition.