The Centre Forward Stop-Gap Market

ThinkTank@Cafe

Can anyone explain why Sesko is mentioned along the likes of Osimhen and Kane?

Why prices around £50 M are quoted for the guy who scored 5 goals in 16 games in Austrian Bundesliga?

Reminds me the story of the naked king. Everyone is just following the media. Red Bull is king of marketing. They can sell poison and teenagers for ridiculous money.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Can anyone explain why Sesko is mentioned along the likes of Osimhen and Kane?

Why prices around £50 M are quoted for the guy who scored 5 goals in 16 games in Austrian Bundesliga?

Reminds me the story of the naked king. Everyone is just following the media. Red Bull is king of marketing. They can sell poison and teenagers for ridiculous money.
We allegedly followed him (and made an offer) when he was at Domzale, so we probably have quite a strong, long-standing interest in him. He's clearly someone we believe who will develop into a top first team player, with the ability to provide an impact now too. He'll be half the price of those players too.

saivet

Conveniently they leave out lukaku to push a certain neagtive narrative
Ibrahimovic shouldn't be included in the list but Lukaku was signed in 2017 shouldn't there anyway.

Since Luakaku left in 2019, Ighalo, Cavani and Ronaldo have been our only CF signings with Weghhorst likely added onto the list. I suppose the excuse would be that we had Martial playing well at one point and also had Greenwood however Martial hasn't been consistent and Greenwood didn't even play as a striker all that much. The fact we're onto stop-gap striker no.4 shows we haven't been the best with our squad management or transfer dealings.

croadyman

Ibrahimovic shouldn't be included in the list but Lukaku was signed in 2017 shouldn't there anyway.

Since Luakaku left in 2019, Ighalo, Cavani and Ronaldo have been our only CF signings with Weghhorst likely added onto the list. I suppose the excuse would be that we had Martial playing well at one point and also had Greenwood however Martial hasn't been consistent and Greenwood didn't even play as a striker all that much. The fact we're onto stop-gap striker no.4 shows we haven't been the best with our squad management or transfer dealings.
Very true but honestly think now we finally have a manager who knows what kind of CF he wants to bring in this summer,however he needs someone to give him a different dimension until end of the season

ThinkTank@Cafe

We allegedly followed him (and made an offer) when he was at Domzale, so we probably have quite a strong, long-standing interest in him. He's clearly someone we believe who will develop into a top first team player, with the ability to provide an impact now too. He'll be half the price of those players too.
Thank you for reply. But it is not answer to my question. Alleged by who? Media?”We” who? Man Utd scouting department?

Yes £50M is half of £100M quotes for Kane (can be way more expensive) and Osimhen. But why? If Sesko is that good why he doesn’t tear Austrian league apart?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thank you for reply. But it is not answer to my question. Alleged by who? Media?”We” who? Man Utd scouting department?

Yes £50M is half of £100M quotes for Kane (can be way more expensive) and Osimhen. But why? If Sesko is that good why he doesn’t tear Austrian league apart?
The Athletic reported it and we passed up on paying 2.5m for him - was deemed excessive at the time.

Because he has a unique profile for a CF that is lacking around Europe at the moment, he's 19 and have already agreed a deal with him for 20m. Why did Real pay that much for a Brazilian kid and why did Bayern pay something like 30m for a striker with hardly any first team games. It's the going rate.

Bojan Djordjic

The Athletic reported it and we passed up on paying 2.5m for him - was deemed excessive at the time.

Because he has a unique profile for a CF that is lacking around Europe at the moment, he's 19 and have already agreed a deal with him for 20m. Why did Real pay that much for a Brazilian kid and why did Bayern pay something like 30m for a striker with hardly any first team games. It's the going rate.
Those two guys are the cream of the crop and are younger than Sesko. The first has 3 senior league goals in 3.5 games at 15 and Tel is a known stud and has been a star at international youth level for one of the strongest youth nations in Europe. Sesko just doesn't have the youth pedigree and has underwhelmed at senior level output wise. €50mn is a ludicrously high price.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Those two guys are the cream of the crop and are younger than Sesko. The first has 3 senior league goals in 3.5 games at 15 and Tel is a known stud and has been a star at international youth level for one of the strongest youth nations in Europe. Sesko just doesn't have the youth pedigree and has underwhelmed at senior level output wise. €50mn is a ludicrously high price.
I appreciate they are probably better talents, but Sesko has a profile you just don't see at his age. I'm not denying we should have gone for him before Leipzig and got him at his true value, but I'm adding in the fact we're paying that premium. You'll struggle to find a similar profile to him, at his age, across the world, let alone Europe.

Also, bit harsh to point out youth pedigree when he basically skipped it and is a full international for Slovenia.