The Championship 2019/2020

Yagami

Good post resistant
Harrop with another goal last night! What a start to the season he's having!

I'm really chuffed for him :D

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would be amusing if Stoke actually sacked Jones now after they finally win a game (apparently was deserved aswell away to good Swansea team).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
North End have had a cracking start to the season, I’ve been wanting them in the Premier League as long as I can remember. Wonder if they’ll be able to keep things going till the end of the season.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
North End have had a cracking start to the season, I’ve been wanting them in the Premier League as long as I can remember. Wonder if they’ll be able to keep things going till the end of the season.
Alex Neil is, and always has, been a marvellous manager. He should be at a club with more resources.

On a completely unrelated note, Leeds are definitely going to blow it again.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Leeds lose far too often. They either win or lose like last season. Need to draw more games.

RedDevilRoshi

Stupid. Stupid. Barnsley are struggling but their budget stinks and Stendel had an inferior squad playing good football and fighting hard. They now deserve to go down.

At least their fans appreciated him.
They can take Paul Heckingbotton back from my local team Hibs. Hibs fans are desperately wanting him punted.

He did no bad at Barnsley either.

Gordon S

0-2 Eberechi Eze grabbed the second when he picked the ball up just short of the halfway-line. Advanced, went past one defender and shot past Butland. The 21 year old has been linked With several P.L Clubs following a strong season 18/19
How is this guy doing? Looks like a top talent from the little i've seen.

Pughnichi

I don’t watch the championship. But judging by the impact James has made here, are there any standout players tearing it up that could be deemed worthy? Just curious.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I don’t watch the championship. But judging by the impact James has made here, are there any standout players tearing it up that could be deemed worthy? Just curious.
Of the top teams West Brom probably got the best individual talents in the division this year. Matheus Pereria who's on season long loan from Sporting clube. As I've said previously their fans can't believe how good he is. Also got Dinangana on loan from West Ham, think he's played the odd game in premier league but he's done well.

I saw lots of Romain Sawyers at Walsall and his career has continued on an upward curve. Lacks a bit of pace but a very good number 10 where all play can go through him.

Of the others I agree with the poster above who mentioned Eze at QPR. A very technically gifted player (reminds me of Grealish the way he dribbles) and can score goals, surprised I haven't seen him linked to anyone in prem as QPR would probably sell for 5-10m.

Nottingham Forest got a player called Joe Lolley. Wide player who can score or assist pretty well. He's one of those who was playing in non league only 4 years ago for Kidderminster. Think he'll be in premier league next season (played the odd game for Huddersfield in 17/18). He's a Villa fan and believe it or not he used to post on the forum (Villatalk) when he was still a non league player. Stop doing it once Huddersfield signed him!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Of the top teams West Brom probably got the best individual talents in the division this year. Matheus Pereria who's on season long loan from Sporting clube. As I've said previously their fans can't believe how good he is. Also got Dinangana on loan from West Ham, think he's played the odd game in premier league but he's done well.

I saw lots of Romain Sawyers at Walsall and his career has continued on an upward curve. Lacks a bit of pace but a very good number 10 where all play can go through him.

Of the others I agree with the poster above who mentioned Eze at QPR. A very technically gifted player (reminds me of Grealish the way he dribbles) and can score goals, surprised I haven't seen him linked to anyone in prem as QPR would probably sell for 5-10m.

Nottingham Forest got a player called Joe Lolley. Wide player who can score or assist pretty well. He's one of those who was playing in non league only 4 years ago for Kidderminster. Think he'll be in premier league next season (played the odd game for Huddersfield in 17/18). He's a Villa fan and believe it or not he used to post on the forum (Villatalk) when he was still a non league player. Stop doing it once Huddersfield signed him!
He actually would meet up and play on a villatalk team too :lol:. It would be surreal to go from Villatalk to Aston Villa.

Jack's brother also was a poster on there until he joined the first team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Aw, I wanted to watch Preston vs Leeds but can't find it anywhere :(

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Miss of the season just happened in his Huddersfield vs Middlesbrough game

Honestly, it's that bad

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ref has just given a penalty to Brentford, which they've scored, for a shocking dive in the QPR/Brentford game. Perfect view of it, no idea how he has given it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brentford always seem to get off to really slow starts in seasons. Last season they got off to a good start and then we took Dean Smith off them in October. Think Thomas Frank only won one of his first 10 games so their play off bid died there and then.

However this season they got off to a decent start and really seem to be stepping it up in last few weeks. QPR are in form so this was very good win for them. They also demolished Swansea 3-0 away two games ago. I also saw them on highlights v Derby when they won 3-0 and it could honestly have been 6-0.

When Brentford click they are arguably the best team to watch in the division, lethal on the counter attack and have so many easy on the eye players like Canos, Benaharama and Mbuemo. Ollie Watkins is a very good goalscorer at this level aswell.

I think they'll finish in play off this season. They remind me of Bournemouth improving year on year under Eddie Howe when they were at this level. Would be an amazing time to get up as they've got a new ground next season.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Brentford always seem to get off to really slow starts in seasons. Last season they got off to a good start and then we took Dean Smith off them in October. Think Thomas Frank only won one of his first 10 games so their play off bid died there and then.

However this season they got off to a decent start and really seem to be stepping it up in last few weeks. QPR are in form so this was very good win for them. They also demolished Swansea 3-0 away two games ago. I also saw them on highlights v Derby when they won 3-0 and it could honestly have been 6-0.

When Brentford click they are arguably the best team to watch in the division, lethal on the counter attack and have so many easy on the eye players like Canos, Benaharama and Mbuemo. Ollie Watkins is a very good goalscorer at this level aswell.

I think they'll finish in play off this season. They remind me of Bournemouth improving year on year under Eddie Howe when they were at this level. Would be an amazing time to get up as they've got a new ground next season.
Always a pleasure to take 3 points off Shepherds Bush - a cracking night out in West London :)

Difference this season is the defence - the strongest we've had since being back in the championship.

Canos has done his ACL (or similar knee injury) so won't be back till next season probably. Very happy your lot didn't stump up the cash we wanted for Said Benrahma - he's a class apart at times. Watkins is learning his trade as an out and out striker having played as a wide attacker up until this season but you can't argue with his goal return. Been a so so start to the season but we were the club with the highest player churn in the whole division.

Glad to see Jota finally made it to the Prem - what do you make of him?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yes think I said in August imo Pontus Jansson would be signing of the season, couldn't believe Leeds let him go although they haven't missed him in fairness but boosted Brentford.

Disappointed seeing Canos is injured, I watched you win at Barnsley a few weeks ago and thought he was your best player, made some clever runs on the right.

Jota has been in and out, injured atm otherwise he'd be starting v Wolves in the cup. Perception seems to be he's a bit slow out wide in premier league but I've always viewed him as a number 10, think you played him there when he had his golden run of form before you sold him to Birmingham.

How's Rico getting on btw. Walsall have a pretty big sell on I think although won't help much with them rapidly descending towards non league.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Yes think I said in August imo Pontus Jansson would be signing of the season, couldn't believe Leeds let him go although they haven't missed him in fairness but boosted Brentford.

Disappointed seeing Canos is injured, I watched you win at Barnsley a few weeks ago and thought he was your best player, made some clever runs on the right.

Jota has been in and out, injured atm otherwise he'd be starting v Wolves in the cup. Perception seems to be he's a bit slow out wide in premier league but I've always viewed him as a number 10, think you played him there when he had his golden run of form before you sold him to Birmingham.

How's Rico getting on btw. Walsall have a pretty big sell on I think although won't help much with them rapidly descending towards non league.
Yes real shame for Canos he had finally been getting into the sort of form we had seen when he was on loan to us a couple of seasons ago, injury and a move to Norwich which went horribly wrong had seen him not peforming as we knew he was capable of.

Always worried with Jota that his like of real pace might be a problem in the Premier League, for us though he was always a wide attacker in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 he never really played that number 10 role tbh.

Rico (touch wood) seems to have got over the injury problems that have blighted his Bees career so far and is starting to show the quality and consistency. Regarding Walsall the deal was £1.5m up front then addons taking it to £5m and yes I'd expect there to be a healthy sell on for them too.

Jam

Rory Delap managing on a cold Monday night in Stoke. It’s finally a reality.

stubie

Another Dinosaur bites the dust

Cardiff should look at Flynn from Newport, has done a great job there

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Brentford 7 - 0 Luton Town today

There were other games too apparently...

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
20 games on, and WBA with Leeds have 10 and 8 points advantage over third placed Fulham.

Think we have our two direct promotions for next season, Bilić and Bielsa doing great job.