The Championship 2019/2020

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Can't believe Leeds have fecked that up. They are such prolific chokers it's crazy.

They were running away with the league in 2010 then just about scraped the 2nd spot on the final day to get up to the Championship. They were pushing the top 2 in 2017 then ended up outside the play-offs. They were in the top 2 last year with few games left and ended up comfortably missing out, then bottled a 2-0 aggregate play-off lead to lose to Derby.

I thought this year, 11 points clear in 2nd, that surely they couldn't feck up the automatic spot. I'd be surprised if they made the play-offs now. They are dropping like a stone.

Hoof the ball

Lolley is a brilliant player. How he's still at Forest is beyond me. He would be excellent for us as an inverted winger on the right.

I dislike West Brom. They're such a nothing boring club. The typical kind of Championship winning and relegated the next season kind of club.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lolley is a brilliant player. How he's still at Forest is beyond me. He would be excellent for us as an inverted winger on the right.

I dislike West Brom. They're such a nothing boring club. The typical kind of Championship winning and relegated the next season kind of club.
Lolley looked like he was giving the ball away like nobodies business today.

Alabaster Codify7

Yeah, I'm sick of them to be honest. I hate their name, their nickname, their kit and I don't think I've ever liked a single one of their players or managers. It feels like they've had about 20 different stints in the PL and none of them were memorable, they never seem to have played good football either. Just a clogger team clogging up the league until relegation.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looks like Leeds United have regained their form and could just hold on to that automatic promotion spot now.

Classical Mechanic

Looks like Leeds United have regained their form and could just hold on to that automatic promotion spot now.
Indeed. Hard to see them fluffing it from here. We can but hope.

I'd like to see an historical but unfashionable club like Preston get promoted. It would also realise my prediction of Ben Pearson becoming a Premier League player.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Paddy McNair was pretty decent today and grabbed himself a good goal.

Ref was an absolute joke though. Ryan Shotton was allowed to do whatever he wanted out there and assaulted Lyle Taylor for 90 mins straight.

Sea-Cow

Yeah, I'm sick of them to be honest. I hate their name, their nickname, their kit and I don't think I've ever liked a single one of their players or managers. It feels like they've had about 20 different stints in the PL and none of them were memorable, they never seem to have played good football either. Just a clogger team clogging up the league until relegation.
I know that I'm weird, but I will always remember when they survived after being last on Christmas. I love a good pitch invasion, and they carried Kieran Richardson off on their shoulders. It was great.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Having not won in 5 (putting a massive dent in the automatic promotion hopes) Brentford back on track with a 5-0 demolition of a very sorry Sheffield Wednesday.

Still not completely ruled it out but less than a 10% chance of getting in those automatic places now.

Leeds to win the league now as they have a significantly easier run in compared to WBA, WBA to finish second and I'd say the play off spots will be occupied by Brentford, Fulham, Milwall and Nottingham Forest.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
A win for Leeds against Cardiff tomorrow would surely mean Leeds will be back in the Premier League (It would be 10 points to Fulham with 8 games to go).

Brewster with 2 goals for Swansea against Middlesbrough (Now 6 goals since his loan spell has started in January)......Liverpool have really some interesting attacking players with him, Wilson, Elliott and Jones.

Louie Sibley's hat-trick for Derby against Millwall will be discussed in a other thread :)

TheReligion

Abusive
Bloody Leeds. I want them back in the PL so we can smash them.

Anyway they are a funny side. Two stupid mistakes and Cardiff punished them. They do all the build up and pretty stuff nicely but have too many toothless days.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Patrick Bamford is the most hilariously shit striker i've ever seen. He's an active hinderance whenever he finds himself in a dangerous position. It's like he was ordained by God to screw up vital moments. Pretty funny.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Anyway they are a funny side. Two stupid mistakes and Cardiff punished them. They do all the build up and pretty stuff nicely but have too many toothless days.
I’m quite happy for them to languish in the Championship forever TBH

GeorgieBoy

Nope! Let them rot down there.

DavidDeSchmikes

Hull City's statement attempted to redact private information by adding a black box. However, people just copied and pasted the statement then the information is available.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Neil Warnock has been appointed as Middlesborough's new manaeger after the teeside club sacked Jonathan Woodgate. This is Warnock's 17th managerial gig.

Needham

Neil Warnock has been appointed as Middlesborough's new manaeger after the teeside club sacked Jonathan Woodgate. This is Warnock's 17th managerial gig.
Just been on the BBC. Woodgate organised the White Lives Matter fly past. Dyche in trouble now.

SambaBoy

Probably means Middlesborough will get promoted next season.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Any word on how long Warnock has been appointed for? Didn't see anything but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just supposed to be a rescue job until the end of the season. Not sure he has the energy/enthusiasm for the grind of a full season next season.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Any word on how long Warnock has been appointed for? Didn't see anything but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just supposed to be a rescue job until the end of the season. Not sure he has the energy/enthusiasm for the grind of a full season next season.
Looks like they have given Warnock the job until the end of the season. Although if he keeps them up, they'll surely offer him a 2-3 year deal.