The Championship 2019/2020

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
A complete and utter shitshow from Brentford.

They will come unstuck in the play-offs, too. A chance of a lifetime up in smoke. They’ll never get over this.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hate that. West Brom is just a boring promotion to me regardless of them being a rival (I say the same when Hull, Reading or Boro come up). Brentford were awful today but generally they'd make an impact on premier league with football they play.

Could blow the play offs now. Forest for example beaten them home and away this season so I have a feeling they could end their long top flight exile like Leeds.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Jesus christ Brentford. You HAD the Premier League in your pocket. What a massive, massive blow. Unbelievable

Alemar

I watched the second half. They played very poorly, It’s a deserved result. But what a setback, they might have returned to a top flight football after 73 years - what a chance gone

AbstruseAlan

Just read that Derby will give Leeds a guard of honour and they're dribbling at the thought of Rooney being involved.

I'd love to see some absolute shithousery.

CM

They’ve definitely never played in the PL. have they ever even played in England’s top tier? Apparently they play good football so I hope they come up. I could do without seeing West Brom for a while.
Not since 1947. Doesn't look like it will happen now.

cian68

Surprised to see West Brom haven't played Wolves since 2012. That derby will be the only interesting thing about West Brom going up

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Went down with Leeds in back in 1947 and hopeful we will still come up with them this time around.

Massively gutting performance and relying on our useless neighbours to do us a favour now.

In not it's the playoffs.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Three-way shootout in the last game of the season. Fulham have the toughest game on paper but you just never know. Imagine them getting automatic promotion after the seasons that WBA and Brentford have had. Absolutely shocking, especially from West Brom.

Smithy89

Three-way shootout in the last game of the season. Fulham have the toughest game on paper but you just never know. Imagine them getting automatic promotion after the seasons that WBA and Brentford have had. Absolutely shocking, especially from West Brom.

Gets so annoying the same old rubbish coming up and down (West brom, norwich, fulham etc) Clubs like Brentford and Forest would be nice and a change.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Slaven is lucky lucky bastard. Come on Slav, don't feck up now.
He is huge bottler so i would not be surprised if WBA feck it up against QPR

diarm

Just read that Derby will give Leeds a guard of honour and they're dribbling at the thought of Rooney being involved.

I'd love to see some absolute shithousery.
A guard of honour? For winning promotion from the second division to the first?

We'll be giving West Ham a guard of honour for finishing 17th next.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
WBA and Brentford are legitimately like this right now:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
A guard of honour? For winning promotion from the second division to the first?

We'll be giving West Ham a guard of honour for finishing 17th next.
For being champions.. it’s the same principle as Liverpool getting one. But it does seem odd. PL champions are the champions of England, so it makes sense I guess, but I can’t ever remember it happening in the champ before

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Anyone watching the Leeds Derby game?
Impressed with Poveda, very good player.
Leeds are going to have to change their style of play slightly to stay up next season, almost too much press at times!!

Pagh Wraith

Such a shame Brentford lost yesterday. They and Leeds have been the best teams in the league by an absolute distance. Would be a travesty if they didn't go up.

Alemar

So today is the last game of the season in the Championship. Hard fight for 2nd place, maybe Brentford makes it in the end of the day still...

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This is good excitement.

One goal for QPR or Brentford will see Brentford up.

The whole season sits on a knife edge

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Both Brentford and West Brom drawing now.

Neither of them want to get into the Premier League, it seems. :wenger:

EDIT: And Fulham, too. A win for any of the three could be enough to promote them. Crazy.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This is good excitement.

One goal for QPR or Brentford will see Brentford up.

The whole season sits on a knife edge
Wigan also need one goal to avoid relegation.
One goal.

Madness how it comes down to one goal in the last 10 mins of the season

Mcking

Brentford, Fulham and West Brom all desperate to avoid that second automatic promotion place.

Uniquim

If Wigan beat Fulham (need one goal), they'll survive even if they get a 12-pt deduction as it stands at the moment. Barnsley could score to change that though.

Hoping Brentford take 2nd.

Hoof the ball

Forest have bottled it since the restart! They're losing 3-1 at home and if Swansea score one more goal they'll knock Forest out the playoffs altogether. Shambles.

PoTMS

Race for 2nd. Race for 7th. Race for relegation to League One. What an amazing league.