The Championship...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The PL has the brand of the best or at least ‘most exciting’ league in the world - but for me, The Championship is the most competitive league in football. I know it’s not a top tier league, but I think on the continent as a whole, it would be maybe 5th best or so. There’s a fair amount of money in it, and Championship clubs can easily spend more than most Dutch, French and Portuguese sides.

Anyway, the Championship is consistently a league where you can honestly say in August that a team is just as likely to be relegated as they are to be promoted. It takes a good few months before you can tell who the real promotion candidates are. It’s a great league.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s got much stronger in recent years. I think the premier league parachute money has helped that.

It also helps that they seem to get fed the top youngsters from premier league clubs.

As you say 2 games a week basically all season really tests the squads fitness and ability to carry on all season.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Yeah, not many leagues where probably 50% of the teams have the potential to win it at the start of the season.

I_ndlovu

Supports
Coventry
Just saw a stat on twitter that read with 3 games to go there isn't a single Championship Club mathematically guaranteed to be playing in the division next season. If somebody would like to share the very satisfying graph you can find it on this Twitter handle @experimental361

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Just saw a stat on twitter that read with 3 games to go there isn't a single Championship Club mathematically guaranteed to be playing in the division next season. If somebody would like to share the very satisfying graph you can find it on this Twitter handle @experimental361

That's cool. It's been very competitive at both ends this year, and the Wigan situation though shit has added a bit of intrigue too.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wigan destroying Hull 4-0 after 38 mins :lol:

Given themselves a really good chance of survival now. Fair play.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The last time I was at OT in the flesh was during LVG season, Hull city. 0-0 and they cheated and hacked like feck. Really did not enjoy that game. Only later I realised my anger lay with Lvg the dinosaur cnut

Yagami

Good post resistant
The last time I was at OT in the flesh was during LVG season, Hull city. 0-0 and they cheated and hacked like feck. Really did not enjoy that game. Only later I realised my anger lay with Lvg the dinosaur cnut
That may have been the game where I first saw Maguire. It was one of the games against them at Old Trafford, anyway. I was instantly a fan.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
8 shots on target and 7 goals. Absolutely clinical from Wigan and tremendously shit from Hull :lol:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
What the feck? :lol: I've had to find a stream of it.

Bear in mind they've been known for throwing leads away this year, it ain't over yet.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
7-0 nil.. might stick a bet on 7-7.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This is great. Want my boys Luton to stay up. We play Hull next, who will hopefully be shot of any confidence.

NYAS

I love the Championship. Top 10 league in the world.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That may have been the game where I first saw Maguire. It was one of the games against them at Old Trafford, anyway. I was instantly a fan.
Yeah he was a rock that night and I said to my brother we should buy him before he became a big name

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah he was a rock that night and I said to my brother we should buy him before he became a big name
Same. He was that impressive. I knew as soon as Leicester signed him that he was going to leave for a top club for a monumental sum eventually. I'm glad we got him in the end, but I wish we had got him from Hull. I reckon we would've had Ole been here then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Elated to see my Wycombe boys go up last night, but increasingly nervous at seeing an average team like Wigan hand out a 7-0 booting!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Dowell is an odd case, seems to always do really well at whichever Championship club he goes to on loan but never gets a real shot with us. Hope he gets a good move next season.

DarkLord

46 league games in a season is incredibly insane for any athlete. It takes a toll physically and mentally. And then there's the play-offs as well. I always wonder why is there a need to play so many games? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Championship is the only league where footballers play the most number of league games?

Reactions: Sultan