The chase for 4th place (not top 4)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chelsea have a real target on their backs from both North london clubs now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Huge win for Spurs. Edges them favourites over Arsenal for now.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Pretty sure it's safe to assume West Ham won't get there.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
This is morphing into a looooong rabid dogs race. :drool:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
West Ham (H), Burnley (A), Southampton (H), Leeds (A) in the league until CL 16. Hopefully we keep building on the positive signs.

Give Ralf a midfielder please.

abailey123

Battle for top 3, Chelsea have been massively dragged into it now. Their next 2 league games ? … spurs and arsenal

SeanyC

Critical we get a midfielder…it’s so obvious but a good win and badly needed! Formation was good, just can’t for the life of me understand why they don’t play that second half performance in the first.
It will be tough against the hammers but we are at home and should be winning.beat them and Chelsea will be sweating, maybe even Liverpool if they slip up in there game in hands. Who knows

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
All of a sudden your game v Spurs is huge. You’re in this race
cyber, you are my favorite utd poster over this forum… your indefatigable cynicism (vs the others) / optimism (for your team, irrespective of the sh*t they get) always makes me smile. Thanks! :)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Battle for top 3, Chelsea have been massively dragged into it now. Their next 2 league games ? … spurs and arsenal
Our game with Arsenal has been postponed due to our involvement in the club world cup next month.

cyberman

cyber, you are my favorite utd poster over this forum… your unfatigable cynicism (vs the others) / optimism (for your team, irrespective of the sh*t they get) always makes me smile. Thanks! :)
To be honest it’s not a stretch, lose v Spurs and Spurs will be 5 points behind with 4(!) games in hand.
Here’s the thing about Utd that might surprise you, I don’t think we are that good. I just don’t think anybody else bar City are very good themselves!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Still think Chelsea finish top four, but it would be pretty remarkable if they didn’t.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Spurs in a great position. After Chelsea they have 3 home games against teams below them. They must be favourites for 4th. Utd duking it out with Arsenal for 5th spot.

bosskeano

can't believe Rogers lot blew that match to lose with 3 minutes left in the match giving up two goals....shocking really

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
To be honest it’s not a stretch, lose v Spurs and Spurs will be 5 points behind with 4(!) games in hand.
Here’s the thing about Utd that might surprise you, I don’t think we are that good. I just don’t think anybody else bar City are very good themselves!
yeah, that’s the spirit… the quintessential football hardcore fan never cries, never dies. :D

AshRK

That was a huge 3 points for spurs. They have been playing crap football minus today but have been getting those 3 points. Similar result against watford. 5 points out of nothing. These are the luck you need.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
cyber, you are my favorite utd poster over this forum… your indefatigable cynicism (vs the others) / optimism (for your team, irrespective of the sh*t they get) always makes me smile. Thanks! :)
Can't remember who it was who said it but someone said a few weeks ago that Cyberman has never encountered a glass of opposition water that wasn't half empty. I've been laughing ever since :lol:

Irwin99

Our best hope is that Chelsea get sucked into this. Conte just seems to be doing the business for Spurs sadly :(. If we win at home to West Ham we have a chance to really build some momentum as our next games after that in February are:

Burnley
Southampton
Leeds
Watford

Hopefully Leeds will be in suicide mode against us, as is often the case.

BlueHaze

I think Conte will have Spurs finish 4th. I think we are done, can't see us making it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Our players are feeling the heat :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Big result Spurs pulling a win out the bag, but there's plenty twists & turns in this race to go.

Spurs still to go to City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, still got the North London derby to play, still to go to the likes of Villa to go to as well, so yeah, lots still to take place.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Big result Spurs pulling a win out the bag, but there's plenty twists & turns in this race to go.

Spurs still to go to City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, still got the North London derby to play, still to go to the likes of Villa to go to as well, so yeah, lots still to take place.
We go to City, Liverpool, Everton (with new manager) and Arsenal too. Plus Chelsea at home.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We play West Ham and Man Utd in our last five games. I hope it is not tight at the end.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Think United, Arsenal and West Ham might just prefer Spurs and Chelsea to draw instead now.

Wheato

4th is achievable. Loads of games left to play. We will need to take some big scalps, though.

The irony being that we are fighting for a CL spot, when we are actually in the last 16 of the CL this season but we’ve already written it off!