The Community Shield is a trophy!

Needham

Right, want to get this off my chest after seeing people in other threads trying to demean last season's treble. Any team that competes in the Community Shield must be winners because you have to win the League or the FA cup to make it, it's like a domestic Super Cup, end of chat. Why then, do feckers not give proper credit for the teams that win it and call it stuff like 'half a trophy' or 'sweet feck all'.
Know this: that kind of attitude is just another form of racism. If the Community Shield didn't have the word "community" in it I'm sure teams would pay it full respect and try harder than they already do to win the Premier League and thus qualify for it. So I suggest the FA change the Community Shield name to The Premier Shield or The Executive Trophy or something with more cachet and money appeal while very quietly giving some (but not too much) of the proceeds to a charity that helps poor people who live near football grounds. Hopefully one day it will be expanded to a full new season curtain raiser involving the team that won the Championship and the League Cup Winners in a group format anyway that was a proper treble last season, fact.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
You're asking the caf to admit Moyes won a trophy. You're asking too much.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
People don't give it credit because they are jealous

Next time any scouser says 5 times we can respond with 21 times

Morpheus 7

It's not a trophy, it's a day out in Wembley. It can give a team a lift before the start of a new season.

bri2013

Right, want to get this off my chest after seeing people in other threads trying to demean last season's treble. Any team that competes in the Community Shield must be winners because you have to win the League or the FA cup to make it, it's like a domestic Super Cup, end of chat. Why then, do feckers not give proper credit for the teams that win it and call it stuff like 'half a trophy' or 'sweet feck all'.
Know this: that kind of attitude is just another form of racism. If the Community Shield didn't have the word "community" in it I'm sure teams would pay it full respect and try harder than they already do to win the Premier League and thus qualify for it. So I suggest the FA change the Community Shield name to The Premier Shield or The Executive Trophy or something with more cachet and money appeal while very quietly giving some (but not too much) of the proceeds to a charity that helps poor people who live near football grounds. Hopefully one day it will be expanded to a full new season curtain raiser involving the team that won the Championship and the League Cup Winners in a group format anyway that was a proper treble last season, fact.
Do i win?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I usually simulate on the career mode. Just shows you how much I give a feck about it.

Blatzo

The community shield ain't worth shit.

It's the foreplay for the Premierleague season if foreplay involves looking at a bird and thinking "yeah she's sort of fit"

It's like playing with yourself because you're home alone and there's feck all on TV.

It's an orgasm but who's counting?

It's a trophy, of course... but it's nothing to be proud of

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
You can always tell how important a trophy is by the players' celebrations at the full time whistle. In the Community Shield (or really any super cup), they clap, smile, raise the trophy, and leave for the dressing room. Says it all really.

Nobody ever counted super cups as "real" trophies until the year Pep won the "sextuple" with Barca.

R.E.D.

I swear if we were Arsenal fans there would be people counting Emirates Cup as a worthy trophy:lol:

Oscie

This idea that it's a trophy needs to go in the bin along side those who try to act as if the week starts on Sunday.

frank lee madeer..

It could be so much more.

) They should invite the winners of the other 3 leagues and the Johnston's paint trophy & make it into a tournament.
2) They should rebrand it , The world series of community soccer for charidee .
3) and finally , Catherine Jenkins or Paul Potts should be invited on board to compose a matchday symphony which could be played in tandem with a pre match slideshow that would be presented by Bob geldof.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro

Brilliant :lol:

@bri2013 Completely spoiled the troll!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
It feels damn good to be treble winners :cool: Anyone who tries to demean our treble is just jealous!

The Argentinean

Supports
Supports compatriots in Europe
It may be the bottom trophy in terms of prestige but I always hated how it's called a glorified friendly. No one plays like it's a friendly when there's a trophy on the line. In Spain, the Spanish Cup is the equivalent and no one not take it seriously.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
It's always been regarded as an 'honour' in clubs lists of trophies won.

The fact that a physical trophy (shield) is given to winners further suggests that it should be counted.

In the history of the competition it was always seen as a big thing...it's only in more modern times that it's gloss has been diminished.

I understand why a lot of fans aren't that interested in it...luckily United fans still go to Wembley each time we get there so it must mean something, at least to local Reds.

However, not counting it as trophy is a personal bias...the FA, Football League and the clubs do...therefore it is.

SirAF

Ageist
Of course it is a trophy and it counts. All matches and tournaments that are obligatory counts. However, it is just not very important - but still a trophy.

devil in me

Know this: that kind of attitude is just another form of racism.
What in gods name is this?
Its a trophy in terms of an actual trophy is given, but its pointless and the only half interesting thing about it is that new signings are on show. Claiming it seriously as part of a 'treble' last season is embarrassing.
Also, it was called the 'Charity Shield' only a few years ago, and it was still shite.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sky Sports News include it in there who won what round up on the right hand side graphic at the end of each season

TheBiggest

Even losing the Community Shield is an achievement....You can only get to play in the Community Shield if you've won a major domestic trophy three months earlier.

100% it should be marked down as a piece of silverware, if won. Any trophy is a tick of a box as far as I'm concerned.

stevoc

Of course its a trophy, it's a minor one though. Its nice to win but you are not too fussed if you lose in it either.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It's quite simple.

If we win then it counts as a trophy.

If anyone else wins it is a pre season friendly that counts for nothing.

Redguern

Just a bit of acrostic fun, lads.
Do i win?
:lol::lol::lol: At all of you that missed this... Rawkish indeed :wenger:
10/10 to both Needham and bri2013 :D