The constant leaks to the media

Arth_

This level of news is something all reporters who follow the team get a hold of across all premier league teams. Its not as egregious as leaking starting line ups an hour before they become official.
So much this. It's honestly mind-boggling how paranoid our fanbase have become, seeing leaks left, right and center. Every club has these behind the scenes news, and we also used to have that when we were successful under SAF.
It's especially funny when some random, shitty journo for Daily Mail or MEN or other useless rag writes some stuff that's most likely nothing more than just a product of his imagination. Yet people lap it up and treat it as a gospel, while simultaneously losing their minds over some sort of imaginary leaks.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
That's senseless because the "leak" could easily be someone else than players or coaching staff members. Surely people realize that there are other people around them?
Whoever that is, it comes from the dressing room.

It's pretty simple. Things that are privy to the dressing room (as in Ten Hag's furious and slamming the door) or something to the effect that can be beyond reasonable doubt "leaked" the whole team got punished.

How do you think big companies deal with leakages.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Whoever that is, it comes from the dressing room.

It's pretty simple. Things that are privy to the dressing room (as in Ten Hag's furious and slamming the door) or something to the effect that can be beyond reasonable doubt "leaked" the whole team got punished.

How do you think big companies deal with leakages.
Not by punishing a group that is possibly not the one leaking. You are suggesting that the players should be punished for something that could easily be leaked by someone else than the players. With your logic you would have to punish the coaching staff, the team and anyone potentially around the dressing room. There is likely a dozen of people that aren't players or staff members that saw ten Hag slam the door at Old Trafford and heard him yell at half time and at the end of the game.

tomaldinho1

Have there actually been any leaks? Or is our fan base just believing every clickbait article that surfaces?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
There are pictures of the training session being published so obviously the session was not leaked by the players. The club probably briefed the press to let the squad know that these performances are not acceptable. It’s all about control.

Dan_F

You’d be disappointed if there wasn’t arguments after this start to the season.

fezzerUTD

On Sunday's 'leak' - the press send reporters down to the training pitch all the time. Hardly a leak.

On the dressing room argument - interesting. I'm surprised any of them cared enough to have an arugment.

Imagine what Varane is thinking these days...
??

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
On Sunday's 'leak' - the press send reporters down to the training pitch all the time. Hardly a leak.

On the dressing room argument - interesting. I'm surprised any of them cared enough to have an arugment.

Feck him. Another one who signed up for the Man United pension plan and can't even stay fit for a month.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Having spend his career before United at a club and national team both of which are famous for constant factions and in-fighting he’s probably feeling right at home.

Last edited:

phelans shorts

There’s definitely been no fallouts at Real Madrid in his time there. Or with the French national side.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How about this one then

Only took two bad results for 'sources close to the players' to go running to the press.

If we get seriously turned off by Liverpool its going to get ugly.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Article sounds made up and bulked out with past ‘incidents’. This line makes no sense based on them saying the ‘arguments’ happened prior to the Brentford game:

Players are understood to have quarrelled as tension simmers amid United's worst start to a season in 30 years.

Rolaholic

They're not wrong but the absolute cheek of this lot to start blaming everything but themselves...

RedDevil@84

They're not wrong but the absolute cheek of this lot to start blaming everything but themselves...
If we get loads of new players, just like these players want, then we can replace Harry, Shaw, Ronaldo, Bruno and Rashford.

avgp_1

Yeah the new signings are a must, so that these lot can go where they belong... On the bench.

It's clear Fred, McT and Dalot are being made scapegoats but if we can get better players in their spots we can start looking at these idiots too. Varane in for Maguire, Malacia for Shaw and Eriksen at#10 for Bruno and we become instantly better.

Born2Lose

Lingard's gone, Pogba gone, Henderson gone. Always been pretty obvious to me it's Rashford and his brother. Time will tell, already seen a "squad are happy with EtH" a few weeks ago.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Is it not Rebekah Vardy? Anyway i liked the bit about making the players run the 14 kms which they ran less than Brentford. "If you die, you die."

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Haha save us we are shit

CloneMC16

They don't need help. All of them need to be replaced. All of them named there have embarrassed this club enough times with their shocking 'performances'.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's not about leak, or who actually leaks it, could be wags, could be their butler or friends or the tea lady.

The only way to stop the leak is collective punishment, it doesn't matter who's the actual mole or who's mis-slip some info during their night outs. Anything deemed unwarranted, the whole team gets the punishment, either via extra session or any other collective means of punishment. Just like how they do it in the army.

The manager and the management might not know who exactly leaks the stuff, but the players circle knew and punishing all of them will send the message.
Disagree with how to stop the leaks. The way to stop the leaks is by having a functioning team that manages itself. Discipline should not be forced down the chain of command, it should be embraced by the team or unit. Yes you can run them into the ground, collective punishment. Was there many leaks when Keano etc was there or Ronaldo's first time round, ok no social media but I would wager that a lot of the policing and standard setting was from the senior leadership group in the dressing room. When you got Ronaldo's camp, plus others not pulling behind Maguire, you can see where the problem lies.

BarryWinks

Will not be the caf if certain posters don't obsess about leaks. Journalists will make up anything for clicks, including what they have thought up in their heads, especially in struggling teams, they will conjure up the most ridiculous scenerios knowing fans will lap it up as true.

Nothing to see here. The journalists in question aren't even remotely reliable, and wouldn't be trusted if they tweeted transfer speculation, so why give them the attention when they most likely have no 'sources' and have just put 2 and 2 together? Or you just need something to moan about the players and club? You think these 'leaks' - if they are actually leaks - are unique to just united?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Disagree with how to stop the leaks. The way to stop the leaks is by having a functioning team that manages itself. Discipline should not be forced down the chain of command, it should be embraced by the team or unit. Yes you can run them into the ground, collective punishment. Was there many leaks when Keano etc was there or Ronaldo's first time round, ok no social media but I would wager that a lot of the policing and standard setting was from the senior leadership group in the dressing room. When you got Ronaldo's camp, plus others not pulling behind Maguire, you can see where the problem lies.
You dont need this in functioning normal team.

But desperate times desperate measures.

Our problems is too malaise to use normal approach.

croadyman

Yeah spot on but no excuse for lazy efforts

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
I'd like to discuss that tweet about players complaining to the hierarchy if I may: people are focusing on who is doing the complaining - but can I say this: how disgraceful of the players to go above the Managers head, period. As I have discussed elsewhere - I think the real problem at Man United is the Manager is not in total control. Evidence for this? Well Conte was in the frame for the job, but apparently he didn't get it because he wanted more control than the people higher up were prepared to give. Who were these people? I'm not sure. Back in Fergies day, imagine what would happen if 5 players went behind his back moaning to the CEO or the owners.... it would never have happened. What has changed? I guess the players feel much more powerful these days or ETH is not secure enough, not settled in enough, to have built a power base of his own or maybe its a combination of the two.

I think he could have done something, but it would have been a risky strategy: he could have made an example of a senior player, one of the greats not just from United's past but from United's present (we all know who I'm talking about) and briefly, in that final week before the season started it looked like he might do it...

Then he backed down, Ronaldo was part of that first squad even when for all sorts of reasons, he shouldn't have been.

Did the Manager feel he had no other choice from a footballing angle, to select Ronaldo, or was he compelled to do so from someone higher up for commercial reasons? I am guessing the latter because this tweet on first reading.... well the obvious thing to say is 'ha - that is turkeys voting for Christmas', unless of course that group of players are so secure about their futures at Old Trafford that they feel they can throw their weight about, undermining the Manager even so very early into his time at MUFC without any consequences for themselves. This is not going to end well.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, maybe they just went moaning to the higher-ups, because they didn't like having to run 13.5km on a Sunday (which they could have easily got out of by the way, have they not seen Chariots of Fire?)

Tyrion

So much this. It's honestly mind-boggling how paranoid our fanbase have become, seeing leaks left, right and center. Every club has these behind the scenes news, and we also used to have that when we were successful under SAF.
It's especially funny when some random, shitty journo for Daily Mail or MEN or other useless rag writes some stuff that's most likely nothing more than just a product of his imagination. Yet people lap it up and treat it as a gospel, while simultaneously losing their minds over some sort of imaginary leaks.
It's especially galling that some fans insist they know who's behind these leaks. The sources always seem to be the players they hated anyway.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Will not be the caf if certain posters don't obsess about leaks. Journalists will make up anything for clicks, including what they have thought up in their heads, especially in struggling teams, they will conjure up the most ridiculous scenerios knowing fans will lap it up as true.

Nothing to see here. The journalists in question aren't even remotely reliable, and wouldn't be trusted if they tweeted transfer speculation, so why give them the attention when they most likely have no 'sources' and have just put 2 and 2 together? Or you just need something to moan about the players and club? You think these 'leaks' - if they are actually leaks - are unique to just united?
This is exactly what most people say at the start but gradually they realise that most of the leaks are actually true and journalists aren’t out there making as much stuff as some fans believe them to be doing

Tyrion

This is exactly what most people say at the start but gradually they realise that most of the leaks are actually true and journalists aren’t out there making as much stuff as some fans believe them to be doing
How do they realise the leaks are true? How can you spot a fake one from a real one?

pogbasformerbarber

Arguments and emotions can be good things. Sometimes trying to avoid conflict actually creates massive issues.

In business school I remember an exercise that was about how meetings should be about addressing conflict. That often means having to…with a positive end…go over what conflict is ruminating. Otherwise you have massively boring meetings that don’t address or move anything forward that people despise.

The example they used for the exercise was movies. A movie without conflict is boring and goes nowhere. The conflict, and the overcoming on the conflict…creates excitement and a feeling of positive movement. Thus creating an entertaining movie…or in this case…an engaging office meeting that people look forward to participating in.

So I’m all for conflict in the dressing room right now. They should be flipping over chairs and getting on each other. And a good manager will make them all better from it…that’s my hope with ETH.

Ema_datsi

Usual suspects, atleast to English media — Rashford, McFridge, Shaw.
Lingard and Hendo are two that are gone (good riddance). Pity these others can’t be moved on as well.