The constant media calls for us to replace Martial

Mick1

Scholes was literally talking on Friday before the game, he said united needed a propper number 9. Then 4 days later he says Martial is a proper number 9. Thats not inconsistent to you?
Tbf Scholes always maintained the opinion that Martial is a winger, and recently has been saying that he is turning into a complete number 9. Maybe not fully sold yet, but Martial is turning his harshest critics around.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
To be fair, I think the narrative is more Martial isn't a world class no.9, in the same bracket as Kane, Aguero, Lewandowski etc. Fair enough, he's not, but its lazy to suggest that because he's not world class, then we should be looking to bring in someone else. Selling RVN and giving the reins to Saha, Rooney and Ronaldo is case and point. I feel Man Utd have always been better when the forward line is thought of as a unit, rather than one prolific player always being relied on. We have that dynamic with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial, and hopefully Sancho incoming.

In terms of the team itself, he's developing a really good understanding with Rashford and Bruno, and you can see he's always been on the same wavelength as Pogba.

I don't necessarily disagree with the view that Kane would take us to the next level going forward. In fact, on current form Martial stays in the team anyway and Rashford likely drops out. It's moreso the fact that that transfer is just never going to happen, and ignores our glaring weaknesses in the team (RW, CB and CDM) so you're just sitting there and wondering how the hell upgrading on one of our better performers will solve all of our problems. It's as if when Mourinho pushed him out of the team, he became the media's poster boy for what was wrong with United, when in reality what was wrong was the fact that he wasn't in the team in the first place ahead of Sanchez/Lingard etc.
I think he’s world class. He’s also younger than the 3 you listed. I think he’ll get to that level.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It feels like every other day there’s a new “expert” in the media saying Martial isn’t good enough & needs replacing. Just in the last day we’ve seen Paul Scholes go on BT & say Harry Kane should be a bigger priority than Sancho because “United need a real number 9” and Paul Merson on sky sports saying that Martial isn’t reliable & we should replace with Kane. I’ve seen Savage, Murphy, Ince, and the like all come out with the same narrative.

What is going on here? Because these 2 aren’t isolated incidents. I see it all the time. Are these “pundits” even watching us play? Martial has been our most consistent forward this season, has 23 goals despite 2 months out & not taking pens. Yet it’s always him who the media call to be replaced. You really do have to question wether how nationality is playing a part here?

Don’t get me wrong Kane is a very good player, but he’s starting to develop a questionable injury record & I don’t think he would fit our forward as well as Martial does. He certainly shouldn’t be our “top priority” like Scholes thinks. Loved him as a player but he’s clueless at times as a pundit
Pundits are lazy and cliche.Just this season that ball bag Craig Burley said he didnt know what Fred actually does for United....in the middle of his best run for us.

Last edited:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pundits are lazy and cliche.Just this season that ball bag Craig Burley said he didnt know what Fred actually does for United....un the middle of his best run for us.
As crazy as it sounds, I think a lot of them don’t watch football unless it’s games they are covering. So if the “consensus” on Fred is that he’s been underwhelming, they’ll just say that regardless of how good his form at the time is. I’ve seen people in the media are still talking about Rashford being our future #9, it’s clear they aren’t watching us.

The number of times ive seen Sheff U labelled as a “long ball team” while they play out from the back & attempt tiki taka, i’m fecking tearing my hair out at these frauds making statements about things they have no clue about.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He will reach Aubameyang’s level I reckon.
Aside from scoring goals Martial is a better overall player than Aubameyang, so I don't really see how him reaching his level is a good thing.