The Coronavirus Draft

What kind of reinforcements would you like in semis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Below is what I am thinking for the semis.

1. There won't be any reinforcements.
2. You will get all the players of the team you beat.
3. All semis would be two legged ties and both ties would be started at the same time on the same day so that the match time is still same.
4. You should have 5 outfield players from your team and 5 outfield players from your QF opponent's team for each tie. Each goalkeeper will start each tie.
5. No player can appear in both the ties.
6. The cumulative votes from both the ties would be used to determine the winner.
7. You will send a team and tactics for tie 1 and a team and tactics for tie 2.
8. No other restrictions on how you choose those 5 players

If there are any suggestions for changes, let me know and I can try to incorporate them.

Try not to dismiss the idea outright. Of course if enough people feel it's shit, I will fallback to usual snake reinforcements from losing teams.
Looks fun.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Below is what I am thinking for the semis.

1. There won't be any reinforcements.
2. You will get all the players of the team you beat.
3. All semis would be two legged ties and both ties would be started at the same time on the same day so that the match time is still same.
4. You should have 5 outfield players from your team and 5 outfield players from your QF opponent's team for each tie. Each goalkeeper will start each tie.
5. No player can appear in both the ties.
6. The cumulative votes from both the ties would be used to determine the winner.
7. You will send a team and tactics for tie 1 and a team and tactics for tie 2.
8. No other restrictions on how you choose those 5 players

If there are any suggestions for changes, let me know and I can try to incorporate them.

Try not to dismiss the idea outright. Of course if enough people feel it's shit, I will fallback to usual snake reinforcements from losing teams.
Very creative, man. I was gonna say it wasn't fair to only get players from the team you faced before. But with two legged ties, the bias is minimized.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
@Michaelf7777777 can you do any sooner than Friday? Think all games would be done by Wednesday, so great if you could move it ahead. Completely upto you of course.

GodShaveTheQueen

I see enough people liking the idea, so I have decided to go ahead with the reinforcements rules.

Till the last game is over, feel free to suggest any modification here or over PM (for the specifics of the idea, not a different reinforcement rule altogether :) )

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I see enough people liking the idea, so I have decided to go ahead with the reinforcements rules.

Till the last game is over, feel free to suggest any modification here or over PM (for the specifics of the idea, not a different reinforcement rule altogether :) )
Make it 1 team with a minimum of 5 players from each side. 2 teams seems overkill, and debating 2 different games at once will mean a lot less discussion per game.

GodShaveTheQueen

Make it 1 team with a minimum of 5 players from each side. 2 teams seems overkill, and debating 2 different games at once will mean a lot less discussion per game.
Nah mate, with just 1 team, the round is just not worth anymore.

Maybe you can take the lead in one and Jam can take in another :D

GodShaveTheQueen

Coronavirus Champions League SF Teams

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13Round 14Round 15
HimannvL. MessiV. van DijkRonaldinhoR. KeaneE. DavidsM. AmorosA. PirloM. BossisG. BergomiJ-M PfaffN. HidegkutiD. VillaBeckenbauerGarrinchaZ. Czibor
Šjor/InvF. BaresiD. DžajićZ. ZidaneP. R. FalcãoA. NestaS. EffenbergS. MatthewsE. GeretsG. BatistutaJ. CamachoMazurkiewiczLewandowskiM. DesaillyD. PassarellaR. Ayala
HimannvJ. CruyffA. RobbenXaviR. FerdinandA. IniestaD. GodinR. RensenbrinkMarceloP. GuardiolaS. BusquetsW. SuurbierA. CarrizoL. MessiRonaldinhoR. Koeman
Šjor/InvPeléV. VoroninGarrinchaU. SeelerR. KrolP. ScholesC. FerraraV. VasovićK. De BruyneS. MaierG. BuchwaldP. McCourtL. RonaldoC. RonaldoG. Zambrotta
EnigmaL. RonaldoP. LahmF. PuskasJ. TiganaD. PassarellaK. FörsterS. MarzoliniR. RivelinoVan HanegemG. BanksB. ContiA. VidalPeléR. CarlosLucio
Pnut/JimG. BestB. RobsonR. GullitG. RiveraR. CarlosH. ChumpitazS. KocsisS. CampbellJ. BozsikLeandrovan der SarV. BessonovF. BaresiC. AlbertoBranco
Pnut/JimBeckenbauerP. NedvědM. DesaillyL. RivaL. Suárez. MB. VogtsR. BaggioL. YashinDemyanenkoD. BeckhamN. KanteB. McNeillJ. CruyffR. FerdinandJ. Stam
EnigmaC. RonaldoP. McgrathJ. NeeskensA. CabriniL. FigoC. AlbertoJ. PirriE. FrancescoliD. DrogbaB. SchusterP. ShiltonL. BlancG. BestA. NestaA. Spencer

GodShaveTheQueen

I know there are a couple of hours left in the last game, but I might not be around after that, so posting the teams and rules as that game looks over.

SF reinforcement rules

GodShaveTheQueen

Reinforcement rules

1. As you might have noticed, your squad size is now doubled.
2. You will play two semifinal legs both at the same time.
3. In each leg you will choose 5 outfield players from your QF team and your QF opponent's team.
4. The cumulative votes (not ratio) of both games will be used to decide the winner
5. Only the semifinal ties of one game will be played on one day
6. So if its A vs B on Tuesday, C vs D can't be scheduled for Tuesday.
7. You can request your QF opponent to AM you for the SF games since you have inherited his squad and if you feel you can't debate in both the threads. (completely optional)
8. He can argue for you in one of the threads if you want. But disclose it prior so we don't count their votes in either tie.
9. Please send write ups for both the ties together.

Choosing teams for each tie

1. You can ask your opponents the status of 4 players about which tie they will appear in (1st or 2nd). You can do this in the main thread.
2. You will ask them in a snake fashion in the thread
Manager A - Which tie is Maradona playing in?
Manager B - Which tie is Pele playing in?
Manager B - Which tie is Beckenbauer playing in?
Manager A - Which tie is Baresi playing in?
Manager A - Which tie is Matthaus playing in?
Manager B - Which tie is Rijkaard playing in?
Manager B - Which tie is Yashin playing in?
Manager A - Which tie is Buffon playing in?
3. The rest of the players can be chosen as per your wish

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
We'll send some questions later on, not got a clue how we're lining up yet so don't expect you to know yours either :lol:
will see if @Invictus wants to be a part of this, if not i will just answer what i need and not ask anything. To save you the trouble our team is Jonas Gutierrez and 10 others.