Music The Country Music Thread - ZARLAK COME IN SO WE CAN MOCK YOU

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
This guy's from Austin and has a guitar. That's enough to claim it's country, right?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
You're Hitler, I am accepting and understanding where as you are regimented and you only have one criteria you'll accept. You literally want to annex the genre.
I have several criteria.

Eboue's Criteria For Being Considered Country Music

1. No Dance Remixes
  2. No Autotune
  3. No verses by rappers
  4. No extended guitar solos

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I would say that's not a country song. Just saying hillbilly a few times doesn't make it so. What's next, Ghetto Cowboy?
And yet they're still country singers who have been singing country songs since the 80s. It proves my point that you can't say someone isn't country just because there's a few songs you can pick out that don't suit your criteria. The same way that like I said Linkin Park don't change from a variation of rock because they released an album with Jay-Z.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
And yet they're still country singers who have been singing country songs since the 80s. It proves my point that you can't say someone isn't country just because there's a few songs you can pick out that don't suit your criteria.
I didn't say Brooks and Dunn weren't country. I said that song isn't. Non country artists can sing country songs (Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, etc) and country artists can sing non country songs.

Zarlak

Then Luke Bryan is country, just a few of his songs you don't deem to be country songs. This is the argument we were having with you saying things like 'I can't take them seriously because of one line in one of their songs' 'this guy isn't country, I mean he talks about something he doesn't have experience in ffs he's not even 100 years old' and 'it's got a guitar solo in it so it's not country music.'

Zarlak

It's better for you to imagine what I would say.
Something bullshit and pretentious I would imagine. Something like it can't be country because the line 'on a train bound for nowhere' would clearly say 'on a train bound for Tennessee' if he were a real country singer. Infact, if he were a real country singer he wouldn't even be getting the train, he'd walk the whole way and then write a song about how the memory of his wife gave him the strength.

Last edited:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It can't be a country song if it's got more than 4 chords and the singers not wearing a hat. The easy chords too, not any of the interesting ones. And the hat's daft.