Music The Country Music Thread - ZARLAK COME IN SO WE CAN MOCK YOU

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Zac Brown Band back with a new album. Here's the lead single from it...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I watched it this year and it was alright, though some artist had songs that weren't really country.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The latest Honey Honey album was one of the best albums I listened to this year. (It was released early 2016 I think)

Pretty sure they're a country act.

Hoof the ball

Randy Houser put out a hell of an album. After a few years of drifting down the Nashville country-pop bullshit road he came back with a true country album. This is the first track from it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Jon Pardi doin' his thing.

Fecking love big Jon,

This song is quality, not up there with his very best (Trash a hotel room, what I can't put down) but still decent.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
In case anyone is interested, Ellie King has just released a new album and it has some cracking tunes on it.
Well worth a listen.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Since I have to live up to my signature.

But the song is annoyingly catchy! :lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Can't believe I've not seen this thread before. I recently watched Yellowstone and fell in love with this type of music - I've been meaning to start trying to listen to some stuff as I have never even considered it until watching the series.

There were a few good songs on the show from Shane Smith that I checked out on YouTube. The really atmospheric, ambient type of country music is amazing for chilling out too.

I've always been mainly into rap/hip hop so it surprised me how much I liked it. Open to recommendations for where to start.

This one is fire...

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Can't believe I've not seen this thread before. I recently watched Yellowstone and fell in love with this type of music - I've been meaning to start trying to listen to some stuff as I have never even considered it until watching the series.

There were a few good songs on the show from Shane Smith that I checked out on YouTube. The really atmospheric, ambient type of country music is amazing for chilling out too.

I've always been mainly into rap/hip hop so it surprised me how much I liked it. Open to recommendations for where to start.
Also had “West Texas in my eye” by The Panhandlers. Good song, very country (traditional style)…. an excellent fit in the series where it’s used.

Heres the beginning…

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

Bump to say RIP to the amazing Toby Keith. Saw his last vids on his youtube and he looked so frail and near death.. very very sad.
Yeah. This one's tough. An absolute giant, and a really genuinely nice guy. He played a concert (Lord only knows how) literally two days before he passed away.

Went to Iraq more than 200 times just to play music for the troops to cheer them up. Big heart. Also, my dad and I got into him right around when I was living in Texas; then dad passed away from cancer; and now Toby. Feck.

Last edited: