Television ThE cRoWn (NeTfLiX))

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Gillian Anderson is ridiculously good, as is the bloke playing Charles, though his portrayal and scenes with Diana got a bit repetitive toward the end (possibly the idea - to showcase a groundhog day horror story of a marriage).

I do wish they had a few more episodes set on people outside of the incessantly boring royal family. I particularly enjoyed the fictional depiction of the bloke who broke into the palace.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Gillian Anderson is ridiculously good, as is the bloke playing Charles, though his portrayal and scenes with Diana got a bit repetitive toward the end (possibly the idea - to showcase a groundhog day horror story of a marriage).

I do wish they had a few more episodes set on people outside of the incessantly boring royal family. I particularly enjoyed the fictional depiction of the bloke who broke into the palace.
Just read that the actual Mike Fagan's sisters are named.....Margaret and Elizabeth. Couldn't make it up.

Riz

Charles should really just give it William when Liz dies
Now that would be a controversial plot line for series 6 or 7.
Yeh looking forward to when they’ve fully caught up to the source material and go their own way like GoT. Charlotte jumping out of nowhere to kill Putin and Liz burning down London.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeh looking forward to when they’ve fully caught up to the source material and go their own way like GoT. Charlotte jumping out of nowhere to kill Putin and Liz burning down London.
:lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Not really that impressed with Anderson’s Thatcher. Lots of physical acting. Doesn’t really convey the woman’s energy and gumption.

She was a piece of shit but she had something. She’s a bit limp for most of The Crown.

[Full disclosure - I missed the first 2 episodes. If she was bombastic in that I’ll have to take everyone’s word for it]

Green_Red

Netflix saying it doesn't need a fiction statement at the start. Doesn't Narcos on Netflix begin some sort of fiction statement?

Netflix saying it doesn't need a fiction statement at the start. Doesn't Narcos on Netflix begin some sort of fiction statement?
young people apparently will get confused and think it’s a documentary...

It would in fact be pretty sensible to put that statement at the start of the show, but suspect Netflix don’t like being told what to do.

not seen this season, but the trailer looked sensational.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Does this get a bit more pace in the later seasons? I am struggling to get through the last two episodes of season one as it is dragging. I love the content & acting, just think ten episodes might have been a tad too many.

roseguy64

Does this get a bit more pace in the later seasons? I am struggling to get through the last two episodes of season one as it is dragging. I love the content & acting, just think ten episodes might have been a tad too many.
10 episodes is too few

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Gets slower if anything. Last season wasn’t as good and dragged but you have to put time into the show - not going to be an easy fast flowing watch.

Next season will be insane.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Gets slower if anything. Last season wasn’t as good and dragged but you have to put time into the show - not going to be an easy fast flowing watch.

Next season will be insane.
It’s quite the watch thus far (certainly has my attention if my time posting is of any indication). The time frame depicted in season one is probably my weakest in awareness as a Yank, I can easily see my interest getting further piqued with more recent events.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It’s quite the watch thus far (certainly has my attention if my time posting is of any indication). The time frame depicted in season one is probably my weakest in awareness as a Yank, I can easily see my interest getting further piqued with more recent events.
From memory, I think season 2 was my favourite - although season 3 has some corkers in it. So you're in for a ride!

AkaAkuma

Id probably order the seasons 2,3,4,1. Havent seen 1 since it was released - I enjoyed Phillip and Charles early years at the boarding school and Charles in wales

saivet

It has took me an absolute age to get through this (just started season 4), not through it being bad but there's no real suspense between episodes, which has meant I've not binge watched and at times I've have had a couple of weeks between episodes.

That said, I've found it very interesting and well put together. I've often been googling a lot of the storylines thinking they must be made up and at worst there is some indication that they are likely to be true. No idea how the Royal Family continues to have such a strong reputation despite all the fecked up shit that they've done in the past.