The Culture Wars

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

WPMUFC

Why Sydney Sweeney and her double-D breasts are being hailed as proof that woke culture is dead

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...D-breasts-hailed-proof-woke-culture-dead.html
. The first time Sydney Sweeney’s father saw her naked in a graphic sex scene on HBO’s provocative television series Euphoria, he walked out of the room.
The all-American blue-eyed blonde with corn-fed curves has become a cultural phenomenon, her unashamed sexuality embraced by America’s conservative Right as proof that woke culture is dying, if not already dead.
Satire is dead

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Satire is dead
If there is one thing the Conservative right has always championed it’s gratuitous nudity and sexual content in film and its triggering the woke left who hold a far less liberal view on these things.

Zen86

Imagine growing up dreaming of being a journalist, studying at university, having visions of taking on high-profile investigations, making watergate-style journalistic revelations that rock the world, travelling the globe covering major stories.

And instead writing an article titled Why Sydney Sweeney and her double-D breasts are being hailed as proof that woke culture is dead

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Imagine growing up dreaming of being a journalist, studying at university, having visions of taking on high-profile investigations, making watergate-style journalistic revelations that rock the world, travelling the globe covering major stories.

And instead writing an article titled Why Sydney Sweeney and her double-D breasts are being hailed as proof that woke culture is dead
They'll console themselves with the shitload of clicks and comments it generates.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Shorter version. Imagine working for the Daily Mail.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Got recommended this and I can't tell if the channel is serious. However, if I remember correctly Michael, in the end, admits he's getting old

And no I'm not retaining my semen

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Got recommended this and I can't tell if the channel is serious. However, if I remember correctly Michael, in the end, admits he's getting old

And no I'm not retaining my semen
Things I learned exist today: semen retention.

Now if we can only convince more people to adopt this.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is there a term for a gay Uncle Tom?

What these people don't realise is, you can't only discriminate against your preferred minority or minorities, at some point you become the target. Discrimination is inherently arbitrary and attracts the irrational and the malevolent. There's no such thing as "the good immigrant" or the "good gays" or whatever, you're just tolerated at best, and probably only if you're useful to them such as for pretending you're not racist or if you can supply really good cocaine and prostitutes.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Some old school Culture Wars here:

This is pretty shocking, I wasn't aware of it.

feck Eric Clapton. Although...
After watching unedited footage of the 1976 outburst, which is included in Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars—a documentary which also covers his daily alcohol and drug abuse prior to his sobriety—in 2018 Clapton stated he was "disgusted" with himself for his "chauvinistic" and "fascistic" comments on stage. He added: "I sabotaged everything I got involved with. I was so ashamed of who I was, a kind of semi-racist, which didn't make sense. Half of my friends were black, I dated a black woman, and I championed black music."
Actually, still feck Erick Clapton.
In November 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Clapton and Van Morrison collaborated on an anti-mask, anti-lockdown single entitled "Stand and Deliver", the profits from which were donated to Morrison's Lockdown Financial Hardship Fund.[216]
Although...
In December 2023, Eric Clapton organized a charity concert to raise funds for children in the Gaza Strip. During the event, he played a guitar painted with the colors of the Palestinian flag.[226]

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
Some old school Culture Wars here:

This is pretty shocking, I wasn't aware of it.

feck Eric Clapton. Although...

Actually, still feck Erick Clapton.

Although...
Looks like Mr. Clapton is hedging his bets.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Is there a term for a gay Uncle Tom?

Ill like this people that supports a platform that is very aggressive to different topics and sensitivitires but cries a river when is their turn

feck him

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Too many Asian & white students so...

Why Seattle Public Schools is closing its highly capable cohort program
The district counters that the old model of cohort schools for highly capable students is highly inequitable. For decades, highly capable programs across the country, like SPS’, served a small number of Black, Latino, Indigenous, Alaskan and Pacific Islander and low-income students and taught more white and Asian students.

In the 2022-23 school year, 52% of highly capable students at SPS were white, 16% were Asian, and 3.4% were Black.
https://www.seattletimes.com/educat...is-closing-its-highly-capable-cohort-program/

Seattle Public Schools cancels gifted program 'cohorts' for equity reasons
The website says students will not be separated into "cohorts" and will go to neighborhood classrooms in order to address "historical inequity."

Typically, these schools have more white and Asian students, and other races are underrepresented.
https://www.fox13seattle.com/news/sps-highly-capable-cohort-program

nimic

something nice
Scout

nimic

something nice
Scout
The culture war has reached Warhammer 40K. Well, I guess it's been part of it since the first Nazi who thought the space-Nazis were unironically presented as good guys, but this time the creators have apparently gone too far. They basically said that there are female members of a certain faction/group. That's it. That's all they did. Apparently that was too much to handle for some on Twitter, who are being hilariously goofy about the whole thing. The best part is that they're being relentlessly mocked for it.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The culture war has reached Warhammer 40K. Well, I guess it's been part of it since the first Nazi who thought the space-Nazis were unironically presented as good guys, but this time the creators have apparently gone too far. They basically said that there are female members of a certain faction/group. That's it. That's all they did. Apparently that was too much to handle for some on Twitter, who are being hilariously goofy about the whole thing. The best part is that they're being relentlessly mocked for it.
Some nerds seem to be completely terrified of women, it's so crazy. I'm a TCG nerd and follow several reddit channels about this. Recently a new SW game came out and the publisher forbid playing mats that are not official products or you can use blank mats. The reason is they want people to feel comfortable in tournaments, especially as they want more women and young kids playing and having some middle aged creep with a playing mat displaying a half naked leia or sexual anime stuff is not the ideal look.

The amount of guys throwing a hissy fit over this was insane. I even read a story (in florida, so I guess no big surprise) about a 30 something guy who refused playing a 14 year old girl in a weekend event because he wasn't allowed to use his playing mat with a topless anime leia in the jabba slave scene. Apparently being welcoming to women and younger girls in tournaments is going woke.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I see a lot of conversations online now around this stuff, especially in light of P Diffy raid and a lot of weird stuff coming out.

Now I don't care if these rappers are gay, well least not outside the hypocrisy of using gay slurs in songs but it's jarring as I've never seen Tupac in anything other than music videos but i would not think this was the same person.

Seems a lot of people think there is a large scale conspiracy around gay entertainers.

Then you have the continued scandals in Westminster with gay MPs and rent boys.

It's leading I think into a reversal in the support for anything associated with LGBTQ stuff.

All very odd.

decorativeed

Tupac was a stage school kid. His whole bad boy persona was an act. At least at the beginning.

Are they saying his slight camp precociousness in that video is proof he was gay?