The Culture Wars

entropy

Interesting username as well....
she is talking about whiteness as a power structure aka colonialism. And whiteness doesn't just include white people but also people who aspire to whiteness such as Priti Patel, Kamala Harris by climbing the power structure in the name of identity politics. Her point isn't about literally killing white people but looking for ways to decouple from such a failed form of identity, in other words, decolonization.

psychdelicblues

she is talking about whiteness as a power structure aka colonialism. And whiteness doesn't just include white people but also people who aspire to whiteness such as Priti Patel, Kamala Harris by climbing the power structure. Her point isn't about literally killing white people but looking for ways to decouple from such a failed form of identity, in other words, decolonization.
I agree....I was referring to username of the guy who uploaded the video.

NotThatSoph

Edit: It's his Youtube user, put it in a spoiler becauser his username is basically the n-word. Interesting list of videos.

Last edited:

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think we've always had these discussions but one of the differences apart from technology is the complete lack of nuance or grey area or any respect for the opposing view. Needless polarity and binary divisions may be due to the tech driven increase in short-form conversations. It's depressing and tedious.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
she is talking about whiteness as a power structure aka colonialism. And whiteness doesn't just include white people but also people who aspire to whiteness such as Priti Patel, Kamala Harris by climbing the power structure in the name of identity politics. Her point isn't about literally killing white people but looking for ways to decouple from such a failed form of identity, in other words, decolonization.
To you honestly believe that Patel and Kamala Harris aspire to Whiteness? How about Obama? Has Whiteness just become a buzzword for doing dirty things?

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Do you honestly think her rhetoric is a healthy one? She's generalizing so much. Also you're seriously doing some incredible reaching here. "Kamala Harris aspiring to whiteness", really?

entropy

Do you honestly think her rhetoric is a healthy one? She's generalizing so much. Also you're seriously doing some incredible reaching here. "Kamala Harris aspiring to whiteness", really?
Kamala Harris is a cop. This has been discussed to death and I don’t want to get into it again. Personally, id worry more about such channels which clearly thrive on taking comments out of context. Also, the username like many pointed out is worrisome too.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Personally, id worry more about such channels which clearly thrive on taking comments out of context. Also, the username like many pointed out is worrisome too.
Worrisome is a massive understatement. That channel is obviously run by a white supremacist who isn't even remotely trying to hide what they are. If I were VorZakone I'd be questioning where I found it. I obviously don't think he found it himself, but someone thought it was a good source.

entropy

Worrisome is a massive understatement. That channel is obviously run by a white supremacist who isn't even remotely trying to hide what they are. If I were VorZakone I'd be questioning where I found it. I obviously don't think he found it himself, but someone thought it was a good source.
It’s scary for sure. I don’t know how these algorithms work but such channels getting a platform and hits is something that has to lead to dipshits like Ben Shapiro becoming famous.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Kamala Harris is a cop. This has been discussed to death and I don’t want to get into it again. Personally, id worry more about such channels which clearly thrive on taking comments out of context. Also, the username like many pointed out is worrisome too.
And this means she aspires to whiteness? What an odd remark.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Seen the comments? It's a racist channel for racist viewers. It's also obviously a cut-up video. If you want to criticize (or more neutrally: discuss) this woman's ideas, we should at least get a proper source with the full video and context.
Also you're seriously doing some incredible reaching here. "Kamala Harris aspiring to whiteness", really?
Power in the US is generally white and generally comes with certain ways of thinking about justice, fairness, and equity, that have no basis in social science or in the experiences of racialized communities. I suppose it's in that sense that Harris, who seems to have completely embraced that thinking, can be considered to aspire to whiteness. I mean, all the evidence and community experience indicates that 'tough on crime' does nothing to reduce crime or help communities, yet it's been her exact stance. (Correct me if I'm wrong, @entropy.)

psychdelicblues

His co-host Gxxxxxxy complained that black people “fecking shit on us and kill our kids and rape our women and shit.”

“This is exactly the reason why lynching used to exist,” Nxxxxy added. “And I’m not gonna advocate anything illegal, but if people were to do some shit I wouldn’t fecking shed a single fecking tear.”
https://angrywhitemen.org/2019/04/2...e-fire-and-attempted-murder-of-a-white-child/

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Seen the comments? It's a racist channel for racist viewers. It's also obviously a cut-up video. If you want to criticize (or more neutrally: discuss) this woman's ideas, we should at least get a proper source with the full video and context.

Power in the US is generally white and generally comes with certain ways of thinking about justice, fairness, and equity, that have no basis in social science or in the experiences of racialized communities. I suppose it's in that sense that Harris, who seems to have completely embraced that thinking, can be considered to aspire to whiteness. I mean, all the evidence and community experience indicates that 'tough on crime' does nothing to reduce crime or help communities, yet it's been her exact stance. (Correct me if I'm wrong, @entropy.)
Certain crime bills had the endorsement of African-American leaders who were troubled with the crack epidemic. There was this desire within black communities to be tougher on crime. Did they aspire to whiteness?

Now of course in hindsight we have the evidence available to us to show that 'tough on crime' wasn't helpful but I don't agree with the notion that being tough on crime has some inherent whiteness in it derived from power.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Certain crime bills had the endorsement of African-American leaders who were troubled with the crack epidemic. There was this desire within black communities to be tougher on crime. Did they aspire to whiteness?

Now of course in hindsight we have the evidence available to us to show that 'tough on crime' wasn't helpful but I don't agree with the notion that being tough on crime has some inherent whiteness in it derived from power.
Right now and in recent times, it is certainly not something that's supported by Afro-American communities - and that's when Harris has been active. How 'tough on crime's was perceived in earlier times or where it comes from doesn't matter for that. (And I'll agree that it was once widely seen as a good idea. I even just read Orwell supporting it in The Road to Wigan Pier.) Fact is that it's part of the current general power narrative in the US and decidedly out of touch with community experiences.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Right now and in recent times, it is certainly not something that's supported by Afro-American communities - and that's when Harris has been active. How 'tough on crime's was perceived in earlier times or where it comes from doesn't matter for that. (And I'll agree that it was once widely seen as a good idea. I even just read Orwell supporting it in The Road to Wigan Pier.) Fact is that it's part of the current general power narrative in the US and decidedly out of touch with community experiences.
So what does 'whiteness' have to do with all this? Yes, most power is held by white people. How does that relate to Harris' career as a prosecutor and 'aspiring to whiteness'?

Black people aren't a monolith. Polls show there is still substantial support among black people for more police presence. Do you consider the desire for more police presence to be a whiteness concept too?

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So what does 'whiteness' have to do with all this? Yes, most power is held by white people. So what? How does that relate to Harris' career as a prosecutor and 'aspiring to whiteness'?

Black people aren't a monolith. Polls show there is still substantial support among black people for more police presence. Do you consider the desire for more police presence to be a whiteness concept too?
Are you seriously saying 'so what' there? You don't think there is an issue with the fact that power has historically, and mostly still, been held by straight white men? Are you disassociating that from policies that have often tended to overlook or be harmful to people that are not straight or white or men? (We could probably add other groups here as well.) Cause that's what it seems to me you're implying with the 'so what' - and it would explain why the whiteness concept seems to weird to you.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Are you seriously saying 'so what' there? You don't think there is an issue with the fact that power has historically, and mostly still, been held by straight white men? Are you disassociating that from policies that have often tended to overlook or be harmful to people that are not straight or white or men? (We could probably add other groups here as well.) Cause that's what it seems to me you're implying with the 'so what' - and it would explain why the whiteness concept seems to weird to you.
Are you saying that Kamala Harris played up to white people? Otherwise I don't see how you draw a straight line from "white people hold power" to "Kamala Harris aspires whiteness".

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Are you saying that Kamala Harris played up to white people? Otherwise I don't see how you draw a straight line from "white people hold power" to "Kamala Harris aspires whiteness".
I was just thinking that I should have added that part. If people from different groups make it into power, that's nice; but it's less useful if they don't also add new perspectives. The problem is that, to be able to have a successful political career, people often largely have to subscribe to the dominant line of thinking - instead of the probably different perspectives from within their own community. I don't know if 'aspiring to whiteness' is necessarily the right expression here. Maybe 'succumbing' or 'giving in' works better for some, depending on how and why this development happened for each individual. But the point is that they become 'white' in a sense philosophically on their way up.

It's perhaps similar to how many women in top positions in business don't really bring the female perspective to doing business (and are hence poor advocates for diversity or women in general), since the ones that made it through often did so because they were or became 'like the guys' (or even 'worse' than the guys, since they have to prove themselves more).

Sweet Square

Cooper cited the rise in the cost of living as the reason white people aren’t having children, saying, “White people’s birth rates are going down … because they literally cannot afford to put their children, newer generations, into the middle class … It’s super perverse, and also they kind of deserve it.”
Campus Reform reported that a public records request revealed that Cooper’s salary will be at least $114,248.95 for this year.
https://news.yahoo.com/rutgers-professor-says-white-people-153000065.html

Trequarista10

Are you seriously saying 'so what' there? You don't think there is an issue with the fact that power has historically, and mostly still, been held by straight white men?
White people have historically held power in countries where the population demographics have been predominantly white. In countries which historically have been predominantly white, the vast majority of poor people, servants, helpers, i.e. powerless people have also been white. There are far more white people who are poor, powerless and prioritise family, community and morality, than there are white people who prioritise power and exploitation.

This will change, and is changing, as demographics change. However, there is inevitably a delay and a non correlation between total population demographics and the demographics of those who hold power. This is because power is much easier to obtain/or pass to future generations if you already have power. The offspring of rich, powerful people will be more likely to have power than the offspring of poor, working class people. It takes an extremely long time for that shift to occur, regardless of race. Exactly how long also depends on the extent of wealth and power. There are some families who are so wealthy that they couldn't conceivably lose that wealth or power for decades, maybe millenia.

In short, it's a class issue not a race issue.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I was just thinking that I should have added that part. If people from different groups make it into power, that's nice; but it's less useful if they don't also add new perspectives. The problem is that, to be able to have a successful political career, people often largely have to subscribe to the dominant line of thinking - instead of the probably different perspectives from within their own community. I don't know if 'aspiring to whiteness' is necessarily the right expression here. Maybe 'succumbing' or 'giving in' works better for some, depending on how and why this development happened for each individual. But the point is that they become 'white' in a sense philosophically on their way up.

It's perhaps similar to how many women in top positions in business don't really bring the female perspective to doing business (and are hence poor advocates for diversity or women in general), since the ones that made it through often did so because they were or became 'like the guys' (or even 'worse' than the guys, since they have to prove themselves more).
So what is the real female perspective on doing business then?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
What do you think about her comments on white people?
The white people not having kids cos they can't afford to put them into the middle class and they deserve it bit? Sounds plausible as a contributing factor, but one of many, eg immigrant populations tending to be younger and poorer, rather than the sole reason. The 'they deserve it' comment is a bit daft, given the falling birth rate among white people is presumably largely through active choice.
The context of the below bit is not really given context, but doesn't sound very professorial...

Cooper also said that she wants to say, “We gotta take these motherf*****s out,” but that she can’t because “I don’t believe in a project of violence” and that “our souls would suffer” from doing so.

Conor

@VorZakone you seem to have happily skipped over the fact that you essentially posted a video from a StormFront user?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The white people not having kids cos they can't afford to put them into the middle class and they deserve it bit? Sounds plausible as a contributing factor, but one of many, eg immigrant populations tending to be younger and poorer, rather than the sole reason. The 'they deserve it' comment is a bit daft, given the falling birth rate among white people is presumably largely through active choice.
The context of the below bit is not really given context, but doesn't sound very professorial...
Well, good to know you agree on that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
@VorZakone you seem to have happily skipped over the fact that you essentially posted a video from a StormFront user?
At first I didn't notice the uploader's name. So yeah, it's bad. Doesn't make the professor's comments less bad for me though.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

What's the justice, fairness and equity projects like in non-white countries?

Classical Mechanic

I suppose unprofessional is one way of framing an educator publicly fanticising about racial genocide.