The curious case of Jon Moss

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Allowed James to be utterly destroyed on the touchline as Wolves had a dangerous counter.
Even Danny Murphy said "arguably a foul". A massive ABU!

Neves knocks a sprinting James down which would have been another good break, no second yellow.
Always way off the play.

Classical Mechanic

What’s with blowing up for that offside and then an imaginary foul at the end before Shaw had that chance? Thought VAR was to allow marginals to play out? As it was Martial was onside and there was no foul.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
OK, so tonight: Booked James for being fouled (replays show a collision so he can't be certain it's a dive). Allowed Dendoncker to stamp on Pogba. Allowed Neves to cynically foul us looking to counter, whilst on a yellow. Booked AWB for handball when it was clear it hit his shoulder.

An absolute tool.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yep pretty awful. Basically let Wolves kick lumps out of James

OldSchoolManc

Moss is awful every time.
Didn’t think we’d see him back this season. Heart sank as soon as I saw he was the ref.

Anustart89

You can't have a ref carrying that much weight. He's been like this for years.
I don't care about his weight, since VAR can bail him out if he's poorly positioned (for penalties etc).

It's just that he either doesn't have a grasp of the rules or just chooses to apply them for the home team so he can go home and say "Mum, they didn't shout at me much today so I must've had a good game".

For example today he books James when Moutinho cuts across his path and obstructs him, then he gives Adama a foul that they end up scoring from for pretty much the same thing when Maguire gets in front of him and he just goes down like a sack of shit, and then later on Wan-Bissaka's obstructed by a Wolves player and he waves play on. Three different calls for the same incident.

Martial goes through on a one on one, Boly just swings at the ball with no chance at it, which forces Martial off balance and makes him lose the one on one, he blows for half time. Coady not booked for tackling Pogba for the penalty challenge 7 yards away from goal. Under previous rules that would've been a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity. Neves takes out James who's on a counter attack, gets a yellow. Later on body checks James who's on a counter attack, does not get a yellow that time.

Books Wan-Bissaka for a handball which clearly comes off the shoulder, so he's basically either invented that he's seen a handball or penalised him on a guess because Wolves were appealing for it.

And to top it off, gives a foul against us for the tiniest bit of contact in the box because he sees that Luke Shaw is about to have a pop on goal so that he can go home and have a quiet evening.

R'hllor

If AWB was on yellow, he could be potentially sent off for that "arm", nah the less those clowns are involved, the better.

Anustart89

What’s with blowing up for that offside and then an imaginary foul at the end before Shaw had that chance? Thought VAR was to allow marginals to play out? As it was Martial was onside and there was no foul.
They wanted to go home. Couldn't have potential celebrations ruining their quiet night.

pascell

Fat fexking wanker, what the actual feck is he looking at half the time? Allowing martial arts on James at the end whilst giving decisions for well, nothing. There wasnt anything wrong at the end.

Anustart89

@GifLord

Can we see a side-by-side comparison on the non-foul on James by the touchline where he goes through the back of him and then the 'foul' right at the end before Shaw takes his shot? Just to see what he deems a foul on one end and not the other.

Not sure about the time-stamp on the James foul, can't rewind :(

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can't see why Coady wasn't booked for pulling back Martial in the first half. He allowed advantage but should go back for a yellow? And then the foul for the penalty as well.

And VAR won't work if they're quick to call that offside. Should let it go and see

Hughie77

Glad you said this because I thought I was going mad. I saw that foul and thought well he's off, not a doubt in mind.
Every one saw it, bar Moss, or did but He's the worst by far refs in the leagues! He gets paid for it as well!

Josep Dowling

Those two really fecked me off. The first time this season the flag has gone up when it wasn’t even offside. Joke.

Hughie77

Allowed James to be utterly destroyed on the touchline as Wolves had a dangerous counter.

Neves knocks a sprinting James down which would have been another good break, no second yellow.
Always way off the play.

Always way off the play.
Danny Murphy, is a total twonk, his favourite word for team who win bar pool, is lucky!

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He is just a terrible referee. Every time I see him officiating, I can't help but wonder that he is stealing a living. Amazing that he is deemed top level worthy.

JMack1234

Appalling refereeing at the end.

Blowing up and stopping a promising attack for a fractional offside. Should been allowed to be played out and then go to VAR.

RyRoc

He's not biased or bent or anything ridiculous like that he's just a really, really bad referee and sums up the state of officiating in England that he's regularly refereeing Premier League games.

fps

Always way off the play.
I didn't think that was a foul, he got in front of him because he wanted it more and was physically stronger.

Fitchett

He's not biased or bent or anything ridiculous like that he's just a really, really bad referee and sums up the state of officiating in England that he's regularly refereeing Premier League games.
Agree that he is really bad and it sums up the state of refereeing in England that he is still refereeing Premier League matches. But he is bent, gives us nothing, same as Michael Oliver and Martin Atkinson. I always dread having those three "refereeing" our games.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think his linesman might have been even shitter than he was, impressively enough.

AJ10

That yellow for wan, was it for intent as the ball hit his shoulder. Even if it was for intent... the ball hit his shoulder.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Agree that he is really bad and it sums up the state of refereeing in England that he is still refereeing Premier League matches. But he is bent, gives us nothing, same as Michael Oliver and Martin Atkinson. I always dread having those three "refereeing" our games.
Nah, Moss and Oliver are just shit. Sloppy, swamp gas shit. Not a team in the league that looks forward to being refereed by them. Weak, blind and arrogant the pair of them.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I hope VAR can just take over completely for a few refs, like this guy. Just have a big beep noise on the stadium speakers every time the computer guys sees a foul, they can just hit a button and the decision is done. Having this guy walking around the halfway circle most game and then be in the way of attacks or blow his whistle for a few ghost and ghouls that appeared in his fatigue-effected vision. When you have a ref hallucinating of exhaustion at the end of a match, you might as well have a hologram of Collina running the show, a computer, microphone and a red button behind the scenes.

Anustart89

I didn't think that was a foul, he got in front of him because he wanted it more and was physically stronger.
From where I was sitting he got the ball but violently went through the back of James. Wolves would definitely have got a foul if it was at the other end, considering they got fouls whenever we breathed on them, like the one at the end where two players nudged shoulders and he blew up because Shaw was about to shoot.

fps

From where I was sitting he got the ball but violently went through the back of James. Wolves would definitely have got a foul if it was at the other end, considering they got fouls whenever we breathed on them, like the one at the end where two players nudged shoulders and he blew up because Shaw was about to shoot.
That was a very poor decision, for sure.